Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th December 2007, 11:20   #826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Akshay,

Sorry forgot to mention no Apple for me. Would want a Windows XP based laptop.

Viper

The new MacBooks come with Intel chips and Core2Duo processors. It is possible to install Windows on these machines. I am talking about native Windows, not just some third party or Virtual PC stuff..it will be just like an HP or Dell or whatever... You will get the best of both worlds...go in for a Mac! With your budget, you should NOT look elsewhere!

Apple MacBook Pro 'fastest Windows XP notebook' | Reg Hardware

Last edited by gopz : 5th December 2007 at 11:25.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:22   #827
Team-BHP Support

Jiggy, you've not mentioned your budget. From what I've seen, Acer's offer the best VFM at the moment. You really can't beat their specs per rupee value.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:25   #828
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Jiggy, you've not mentioned your budget. From what I've seen, Acer's offer the best VFM at the moment. You really can't beat their specs per rupee value.
Robeeen dikra,

Look at my subject in my opening post no 806 says Rs75k.

Viper
Old 5th December 2007, 11:29   #829
Team-BHP Support

aah ok. Didn't see that bit. o well.
Old 5th December 2007, 11:32   #830
BANNED

Hey,

Anyways is that a good enough budget. Am looking for some brands & model numbers, specs to get quotes for.

Viper
Old 5th December 2007, 13:41   #831
Senior - BHPian

Hey jiggy with tge budget of 75k you can check out the HP DV9010 we are using one in our office,its a 2GBram, 8months ag it came for about 83k,took it from Gigabytes..Lamington road,official HP dealer.I has bluetooth,lightscribe-DVD writer and 17"inch screen,I am not sure if its been replaced by a higher model which is the DV9012..

cheers.

Ramie
Old 5th December 2007, 15:44   #832
BHPian

@ramie2400 I think he needs a thin & light lappy maybe a 12"
Old 5th December 2007, 15:58   #833
BHPian

why not look at the HP TX series? the highest config in that series comes for under 75k in india. 12.1" screen........tablet PC.....good service....well built..... battery lasts for 2 hrs in most applications.
Old 5th December 2007, 16:05   #834
BANNED

Hi,

Thanks guys am considering the TX1301AU based on someone's suggestion. Now only to find someone who can give me a good deal in Bombay. I was told it costs Rs50,990/- + taxes in Mumbai.

Viper
Old 5th December 2007, 16:06   #835
Senior - BHPian

HP TX series is very good, with touch screen and fingerprint reader.

Contrary to the popular belief about Acer is not as VFm as everybody thinks to be. For almost the price of an Athlon 64 X2 from the stable of Acer you can get a similar model from Compaq but powered by the Turion 64 X2.
Old 5th December 2007, 16:37   #836
BHPian

HI VIPER,

you can check the following link as this guy is giving for Rs: 52,400/- All-Inclusive (would work out cheaper that 50990 + taxes)

Balgo Products Catalog
Old 12th December 2007, 23:36   #837
BHPian

My teacher's VAIO was sent to him by a friend in Dubai.
All he got was the laptop, charger and the carry bag. No CD's. His friend says that all required windows software and VAIO drivers, wallpapers etc come preloaded so no separate CD is given.

As the things stand, the Laptop is infected with lots of viruses. Sir wants to reload Windows.
The bottom of the laptop has a green sticker saying Microsoft Windows XP professional and the key is written on it.

Now question arises that since CD isnt there, how to reinstall? Use some other XP cd? But then the key wont work and it'll be a pirated copy. Right?
Old 13th December 2007, 00:02   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
My teacher's VAIO was sent to him by a friend in Dubai.
All he got was the laptop, charger and the carry bag. No CD's. His friend says that all required windows software and VAIO drivers, wallpapers etc come preloaded so no separate CD is given.

As the things stand, the Laptop is infected with lots of viruses. Sir wants to reload Windows.
The bottom of the laptop has a green sticker saying Microsoft Windows XP professional and the key is written on it.

Now question arises that since CD isnt there, how to reinstall? Use some other XP cd? But then the key wont work and it'll be a pirated copy. Right?
Had the same problem with my HP, I always reinstall the OS to get rid of all the bloatware installed on the computer. I used an XP cd from my old laptop and used the serial number under my laptop as the serial number and it worked wihtout a problem.Im sure all the drivers are available via the sony website. One tihng about Vaios is that theyre always installed with tonnes of bloatware that really slows the computer down.
Old 13th December 2007, 00:09   #839
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post

Now day few company does not give away back up cds with there comp. But there must be a partition in the HDD which will have the required stuff. I have seen this in my friends IBM laptop to access this partition you need to press any special button on the keyboard. In the case of IBM if I remember right it is IBM RESCUE.
Old 13th December 2007, 05:22   #840
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Thanks guys am considering the TX1301AU based on someone's suggestion. Now only to find someone who can give me a good deal in Bombay. I was told it costs Rs50,990/- + taxes in Mumbai.

Viper
Jiggy! Did you buy this? It's a pretty amazing laptop/tablet for that price. I'm going in for one soon. Just waiting for the moolah!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks