Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2015, 22:59   #2416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
AV Racks that are adjustable in terms of shelf height.
Do you know where they are available in India ? Specifically Bangalore.

I purchased two 9U in size from Netrack. They have a showroom in central Bangalore. The model I purchased can be opened front and back so that one reach the back of the av equipment without moving or disconnecting cables.

The Home Theater thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1435598931.708827.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th June 2015 at 15:31. Reason: Spacing before image.
Old 30th June 2015, 15:00   #2417
Senior - BHPian

Re: AV Racks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmore View Post
I am looking for similar AV Racks that are adjustable in terms of shelf height.
Have you heard of Sound Foundations?

http://soundfoundations.in/hifi-av-equipment-racks/

I have quite a few products from Sound Foundations. Some amount of customization is allowed, based on your requirements. The company is based out of Bombay and will ship.
Old 1st July 2015, 09:43   #2418
BHPian

Re: AV Racks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Have you heard of Sound Foundations?

http://soundfoundations.in/hifi-av-equipment-racks/

I have quite a few products from Sound Foundations. Some amount of customization is allowed, based on your requirements. The company is based out of Bombay and will ship.
Thank you for the link, will check it out.
Old 9th July 2015, 11:32   #2419
BHPian

re: The Home Theater thread

I was in the market looking primarily for a soundbar and the reason being - no wires or bare minimum wires in the house. That's not my personal take on it but sometimes you just can't help it

Auditioned a few sets - JBL SB 400, Klipsch SB 120, Bose Cinemate 15 and Harman Kardon SB26. Except for Bose, rest all have Bluetooth connectivity to stream audio.

All 4 have a price of 50k, give or take!

I was highly confused between HK and Klipsch but went ahead with HK because it has a designated subwoofer.

Klipsch is a soundbase, basically one complete unit that features two 3-way speaker setup. I was really impressed with the warmth and clarity of it's sound. Their signature horn tweeters are damn good. I have always been a fan of Klipsch and have used two of their headphones - S4 and Reference R6 (current ones)

Harman Kardon on the other hand has a wireless subwoofer that's pretty damn powerful! Mighty impressed with its punch and the soundbar sounds clean and crisp. Brilliant SQ overall, much better than the same priced JBL SB 400. Ideal for music and movies and enough for a living room as well.

Definitely the best soundbar in terms on SQ if you are looking at a budget of 50k and less. Next good set of soundbars were touching a lakh!
Old 11th July 2015, 11:53   #2420
BHPian

Friends, need a help.

I recently got a pair of Fender speakers from my friend which appears to be in very good condition. The model is PDP-125 (active) and PDP-1 (passive). However he had lost its power cord and I am searching to find out the type of power connector (some standard type designation) it has so that I can try searching online for a replacement. I could not find any information on this in the user manual.

I am posting a picture of the power socket below. Can someone help me to identify the connector type. I hope it is a standard connector and not Fender proprietary.

The Home Theater thread-fender-pdp125-power-cord.jpg

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 11th July 2015 at 12:36. Reason: Inserting images in the post.
Old 12th July 2015, 14:50   #2421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgesraju View Post
the model is PDP-125 (active) and PDP-1 (passive). However he had lost its power cord

Did you try an IEC type plug from a Dell laptop charger?
The Home Theater thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1436692786.824317.jpg
Old 15th July 2015, 09:57   #2422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Did you try an IEC type plug from a Dell laptop charger?
Yes, I did. It is actually much larger to fit in the port of the speaker. I think the picture I posted is making the port appear larger than it actually is. Please compare it to the size of the RCA input ports for the relative size.
Old 15th July 2015, 15:03   #2423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
some standard type designation
The connector is definitely not a common type. I suggest you look for a new or used Fender power adapter that is suitable for the speaker.
Old 15th July 2015, 15:33   #2424
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did. It is actually much larger to fit in the port of the speaker. I think the picture I posted is making the port appear larger than it actually is. Please compare it to the size of the RCA input ports for the relative size.
Looks very proprietary - checked the manual and they specified to use only a Fender supplied AC Adaptor - 18VAC 2A. Check this image.
Old 17th July 2015, 22:01   #2425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
The connector is definitely not a common type. I suggest you look for a new or used Fender power adapter that is suitable for the speaker.
Quote:
Looks very proprietary - checked the manual and they specified to use only a Fender supplied AC Adaptor - 18VAC 2A. Check this image.
Thanks sandeepmohan and diyguy. It is now confirmed that it is a proprietary one.

diyguy, you have a very keen eye. I got the model number from the image and did an online search. I could not find any pieces of same or replacement models available for sale (in the US). It might not have been a very popular model.
Old 18th July 2015, 13:35   #2426
BHPian

Quote:
I could not find any pieces of same or replacement models available
The screenshot I sent you is from eBay US i think. Also there is a consumer brand Maxine, sold/manufactured by Shah in Chennai. They keep all ranges of transformers and can also make custom ones. You can give them a call. I have 8-10 of their step down transformers at home and none have failed ever.
Old 18th July 2015, 15:04   #2427
Senior - BHPian

Hi. I'm planning to pick up a home theater system for my new house. Some years back I visited the Oberoi Mall in Mumbai and heard a Jamo and I liked it. In fact my wife and me checked out various systems from Bose, Harman Kardon, Denon etc but when we heard this our first reaction was "WOW". Now I don't remember the model but it was similar to the one in the picture and was hooked up to a Marantz Amp. But since Jamo also makes amps, I thought of going in for everything Jamo. I have absolutely no understanding of specs but I love my music and I want quality. Though it's a home theater it will be use 95% of the time for playing music. Basically from morning till evening. My requirements are as follows:
1. Music will be from a hard disk / iPod / mobile
2. I have a Mac book and an iPod and plan to having an Apple environment at home, so intend buying more Apple devices.
3. I want my Music/Videos to be stored in a central location.
4. I have no clue how to get all devices to work together or what else I need to buy.
5. My music selection is Country & Rock and a little of other types.

So experts please advise if this is a good choice. Also what are my alternatives.
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Theater thread-jamo-s-628.jpg  

The Home Theater thread-jamo-avr-793.jpg  

Old 18th July 2015, 17:21   #2428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post

3. I want my Music/Videos to be stored in a central location.

4. I have no clue how to get all devices to work together or what else I need to buy.

You can use a NAS to store all your media and your receiver or media player can pick up content from the NAS.
You will need your devices to be connected to the same network at home.
An apple AirPort Extreme and Apple TV will greatly help you simplify and one of the airport extremes can also be a NAS. Apple allows screen mirroring or media play from your apple device via the Apple TV device.

I have a synology NAS, Yamaha network receiver, WD TV live media player and am able to play all content from my NAS and audio from phone via the Yamaha app.

There is an iTunes app on the NAS too but I've never tried it.
Old 19th July 2015, 20:24   #2429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can use a NAS to store all your media and your receiver or media player can pick up content from the NAS.
You will need your devices to be connected to the same network at home.
That's my basic plan.

Quote:
An apple AirPort Extreme and Apple TV will greatly help you simplify and one of the airport extremes can also be a NAS. Apple allows screen mirroring or media play from your apple device via the Apple TV device.
I'll need to read up on that.

Thanks for the info. Besides that any opinion of my choice of the speakers and amp. Any alternatives.
Old 24th July 2015, 17:37   #2430
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys,

I am looking to buy Onkyo HT-S3500. Any suggestions on its performance? Also, is there any better model with Yamaha/JBL/Panasonic in this category. I was quoted 33K plus cabling for Onkyo S3500.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks