Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2018, 04:55   #27181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sure - nice shots indeed. But my interest is in low light shots, say in restaurants that have dim lighting. Happy to see those and be proven wrong - but I have seen a 1+5T fail in that very situation.
Low light shots won't work with OP5T for sure. Better to go for a Samsung or Pixel to deliver.
Old 11th April 2018, 21:00   #27182
BHPian

Re: 'K6 Power' and T-Mobile Issues?

This is about my Lenovo 'K6 Power' which is on 7.0.
Last year, when I was in states it used to pick the t-mobile signal and calls were good. Also, I would be on LTE/4G for data.
Now, on this visit am facing issues like when I call, the other party is NOT able to hear me and am able to hear them and for some calls am NOT able to hear anything. Also, the data is always on 2G/EDGE connection now. I had the same device and it was working all fine on my last visit. I bought this device in 12/16 from FlipKart.

What might be happening here?
Are there any workarounds to make this good?
Please advise!
Old 11th April 2018, 21:17   #27183
Senior - BHPian

Re: 'K6 Power' and T-Mobile Issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Now, on this visit am facing issues like when I call, the other party is NOT able to hear me and am able to hear them and for some calls am NOT able to hear anything. Also, the data is always on 2G/EDGE connection now.
Classic symptoms of 4g incompatibility. Check here: https://willmyphonework.net
Old 12th April 2018, 19:57   #27184
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

I am facing a peculiar issue with my android/google account for some time now. My first android phone was purchased in India, and my google account since the past many years was also setup from India using an Indian IP address.
However, whatever I try, I am simply not able to get India specific apps from the playstore.
After a lot of digging around, it seems way back in 2009, before the advent of the playstore, I had purchased some google voice account using a US credit card and a US address. I had long since forgotten about it, but it seems that google hadnt. And it remained my primary payment information, thus my primary playstore location.
I tried deleting that information, and was successful too. One of the solutions discussed on the web was to add an Indian CC to playstore, which I tried, but it failed to add.
I can still unofficially install the Apps I want, but is there any way I can change this?
Old 12th April 2018, 20:39   #27185
BHPian

Maybe setting up another, all new Google account, on an Indian IP address.
You may skip the CC registration bit.
It will work.
Old 12th April 2018, 20:46   #27186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I tried deleting that information, and was successful too. One of the solutions discussed on the web was to add an Indian CC to playstore, which I tried, but it failed to add.
What was the error when you say failed to add? I had the exact same problem. I just added a new Indian address on the Google Wallet and made this as the Primary before deleting the old US address.
Once this is done, you will need to delete the phone cache memory and restart the device. That should work.
Old 13th April 2018, 08:10   #27187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I am facing a peculiar issue with my android/google account for some time now. My first android phone was purchased in India, and my google account since the past many years was also setup from India using an Indian IP address.
However, whatever I try, I am simply not able to get India specific apps from the playstore.
Faced the same problem when I moved back to India a few months back.
Followed the instruction on this page.

https://productforums.google.com/for...ay/OdAO7_RSkZ8

Important step is to try to download some payable app after changing the settings. It would show $ currency until the last min. Only at the screen where you are ready to pay, will the currency change to INR.
Old 16th April 2018, 15:21   #27188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Sure - nice shots indeed. But my interest is in low light shots, say in restaurants that have dim lighting. Happy to see those and be proven wrong - but I have seen a 1+5T fail in that very situation.
I had tested it and Oneplus5T is capable of producing amazing pictures, if used in Pro mode(Stock app) or other camera apps focusing(no pun intended) on manual picture taking.
(Even low light shots in complete darkness, but only with a tripod as you can keep the shutter open for up to 30seconds)

Stock camera app in 'Auto mode' produces very low quality photos in every situation for me. (just take a picture and view it on the computer screen and you will know what I'm on about)

It is not ideal for those quick shots where you don't have a static subject.

If you are interested in experimenting, then there is a thread over at XDA regarding porting Google Camera(the app in Pixel and Nexus phones, not the play store app) to Op5t

- https://forum.xda-developers.com/one...-op5t-t3708132

Currently available ported and modified Gcam apks - https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/

Last edited by sohail99 : 16th April 2018 at 15:32.
Old 19th April 2018, 15:29   #27189
Team-BHP Support

Picked up one more Nokia based on our resident expert Viddy's recommendation
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20180419_134310.jpg  

Old 20th April 2018, 00:22   #27190
BHPian

Has anybody picked up Samsung flagship from Paytm with 8-10k cash back?
Does online purchase get warranty? The sellers are STPL Bangalore, Chennai, DDMS, Mumbai.
Enquired with Croma about Note8, they were ready for 8k cash back through Paytm but delivery would be by them.
Old 20th April 2018, 05:49   #27191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Does online purchase get warranty? The sellers are STPL Bangalore, Chennai, DDMS, Mumbai.
Enquired with Croma about Note8, they were ready for 8k cash back through Paytm but delivery would be by them.
Better to go and pick it up any Samsung smart cafe.
Old 20th April 2018, 12:00   #27192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
Does online purchase get warranty?
Purchased 3 iPhones over Paytm and all had valid warranties as per 'checkcoverage' on Apple website. It shouldn't be any different for Samsung or other phones.
Secondly, I have a Galaxy 2 Camera purchased from USA. It required repair and Samsung's Partner for camera ( Master Care Services at Borivali) did accept and repair the same, by charging me. ( as it was out of warranty anyways).
Not sure if any of my replies are helpful to you though.
Old 20th April 2018, 13:16   #27193
Team-BHP Support

Most Paytm offers can be availed directly at Samsung Smart Plaza outlets. Most of the franchisees have online presence too, and Paytm provides a 'pick up from dealer' option in the transaction flow.
Old 20th April 2018, 14:09   #27194
Team-BHP Support

Have either of you faced any occasional issues with picture stabilization from on the primary camera. I have occasionally been getting hazy view and subsequent pictures in the past couple of weeks. The haziness disappears immediately when switching to non stabalizer assisted single mono camera.
I just snapped over 300 random pictures using both (color + mono) cameras and not one was hazy, so can't be sure if this is software glitch from one of the recent updates or its a malfunctioning hardware issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
wow, Sirocco costs Rs. 60,000!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Overall, priced at 26K with this config, I think it's an absolute steal.
[/left]
[/center]
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20180417_175325.jpg  

Old 20th April 2018, 14:23   #27195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
Have either of you faced any occasional issues with picture stabilization from on the primary camera. I have occasionally been getting hazy view and subsequent pictures in the past couple of weeks. The haziness disappears immediately when switching to non stabalizer assisted single mono camera. I just snapped over 300 random pictures using both (color + mono) cameras and not one was hazy, so can't be sure if this is software glitch from one of the recent updates or its a malfunctioning hardware issue.
Yes, I used to get an occasional hazy picture (especially if taken in lowish light conditions like indoors or evenings) with the stock camera app. Example:

Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-img_20180119_181453.jpg

Zoom into the above picture and look at chains, sprockets or leaves. It is quite hazy. But now I have stopped using the stock camera app and have not faced this issue recently.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks