Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2011, 14:29   #4216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose

Are you serious? i think a friend of mine picked it up for around 30 ~ 32 about a month ago...

Well I was really pissed off by their attitude...
took them 8 months to release froyo for the Milestone & it had a really buggy Kernel... that's when i switched over the CM7, i couldn't change the Kernel as it was digitally signed...
didn't feel like downgrading...
dude visit xda again. these fellas are releasing Defy custom ROMs with replacement kernels - irrespective of the base Froyo ROM. see if the milestone devs have jumped the curve or not!!

@sgiitk Saab. in that context the defyis unbreakable!! I've made too many mistakes but its cleanly recovered each time!

but hold on. he has nowhere mentioned flashing a custom ROM!

shashank : the operative word is predictive not intelligent. its a pain surely

Last edited by phamilyman : 24th June 2011 at 14:43.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:07   #4217
BHPian

re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys, i recently bought the Nexus S from letsbuy.
I transferred my contacts from my Nokia using bluetooth, now when i add a new contact i don't see it where my contacts appear.
You mean immiediatly after transferring the contact?

Check which google account you are associating the contact to. And enable that google account under, Contact -> Display Options -> "Choose contacts to display". This will show various groups in contact of gmail account. Try enabling all groups and see if they show the contact.

Regarding predictive word selection, by default it adds the space, hence if you add another space, it considers it as end of the statement and adds period! Isn't that good? If you thinking that on selecting word, its only word gets selected, then you should need to get used to new keyboard!

Last edited by RaguHolla : 24th June 2011 at 15:11.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:54   #4218
Senior - BHPian

Any clue where one can download "Intelligent software PCStudio 3.1" for SGS2 ?

I suppose it's not yet available on the web ?
Old 24th June 2011, 16:18   #4219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
You mean immiediatly after transferring the contact?

Check which google account you are associating the contact to. And enable that google account under, Contact -> Display Options -> "Choose contacts to display". This will show various groups in contact of gmail account. Try enabling all groups and see if they show the contact.

Regarding predictive word selection, by default it adds the space, hence if you add another space, it considers it as end of the statement and adds period! Isn't that good? If you thinking that on selecting word, its only word gets selected, then you should need to get used to new keyboard!
Thanks a ton for your help! I checked all those boxes under my gmail account and the contact appeared!! wonder what was wrong though ?
regarding the text input i realised how it works only after you told me sure is a good thing.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:21   #4220
BHPian

Need help in finalizing my next phone. Have a budget of around 30-35K INR. Which would be the best choice among iPhone4, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation? Currently using Nokia E71. Mostly, I'm looking for an all-rounder kind of phone.
--Thanks in advance.
Old 24th June 2011, 16:41   #4221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya79india View Post
Bad deal. HTC after initially refusing to upgrade the Desire beyond 2.2 will now release only a limited upgrade to Gingerbread, with many apps removed. Should have bought the Desire S instead.

P.S : I too use an HTC Desire (bought @ 28k just a few moons ago)
Hmm.. I run Gingerbread (2.3.3) on my Desire.
Heard that HTC is actually getting Gingerbread on Desires. (Read on engadget)
Old 24th June 2011, 16:46   #4222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Need help in finalizing my next phone. Have a budget of around 30-35K INR. Which would be the best choice among iPhone4, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Sensation? Currently using Nokia E71. Mostly, I'm looking for an all-rounder kind of phone.
--Thanks in advance.
You are asking should I buy the DBS or the Ferrari or the Murcie!!!

Take a test drive man and go with what your heart says! All three are high-end phones and worthy upgrade to E71 (though would u feel full comfortable with switching to touch screen from a Qwerty?)
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 17:15   #4223
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
You are asking should I buy the DBS or the Ferrari or the Murcie!!!

Take a test drive man and go with what your heart says! All three are high-end phones and worthy upgrade to E71 (though would u feel full comfortable with switching to touch screen from a Qwerty?)
Thanks for your quick reply. Well, I'll slightly alter my question. Is it better to go for iPhone or not? If yes, should I go for iPhone 4 now or wait for the next version of the iphone to be released in Sep 2011. If Not, choice is between SGS2 and HTC Sensation. Thanks.

Last edited by vvrchandra : 24th June 2011 at 17:17.
Old 24th June 2011, 17:58   #4224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
Thanks for your quick reply. Well, I'll slightly alter my question. Is it better to go for iPhone or not? If yes, should I go for iPhone 4 now or wait for the next version of the iphone to be released in Sep 2011. If Not, choice is between SGS2 and HTC Sensation. Thanks.
It is like deciding between a slightly modifiable Petrol and highly modifiable Diesel car.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 18:30   #4225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
It is like deciding between a slightly modifiable Petrol and highly modifiable Diesel car.

If you want an allrounder then I don't think it will be iPhone. If you go for android you can use swype instead of typing which is a pain, not sure whether swype is available for iPhone. No flash support in iPhones, tons of applications, though android market is improving a lot now. another drawback in iphone is that it doesn't have Widgets.

If it is Samsung or HTC, HTC is a very good phone for tweaking and customization as lot of things are available in XDA compared to other phones. One drawback is the picture quality with LCD vs AMOLED with Samsung and HTC phones are heavy.

Create a weightage on what you will be using and based on that take a decision.

I have a HTC HD2 with Windows mobile, but I have ported Android in it with the help of XDA members. I suggest you to go for HTC/Samsung unless you want to have iPhone as a status symbol.
gopinathann is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2011, 18:47   #4226
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
HTC phones are usually on the pricier side. This one is on the lower side of the 13k range, so i think thats pretty good. Your friend might have a bum battery because all the reviews are saying it gets about 2 days max on the battery. That said, even im in the process of deciding between the Wildfire S and Defy.
They can price them higher, but does not mean a buyer should be buying unless that premium price translates to premium quality and/or features/etc. So question is if the Wildfire S premium price is justified. Does not look like it. The very least they should have done is to give a 1500 mAh battery. Not a very premium move, eh?

And bum batter? its supposed to be a original "premium" HTC battery. Yes, I know you mean it might be a one off bad piece, but then media reviews are... well media reviews... what kind of battery life are users getting in real life? Is anybody getting 2 days???

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomingbhat View Post
Don't know whether this is the right thread to post this

I had Bought a LG Optimus One P500 from Spice Hotspot a fortnight ago. Initial impression was Good as this is my first Android.
Yesterday the phone crashed and entered into Emergency Mode and would not Boot. Today i went to LG Service center only to find out that the Motherboard is Faulty . Moreover they need some days to repair it as they don't have motherboard in stock.

Guys should i accept the Repaired Mobile or should i ask them for a New Replacement?
In my case they offered a full refund after 5 months. Apparently the handsets in the market are still those which have the dust problem. Read my post here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post2404663
Old 24th June 2011, 19:06   #4227
Senior - BHPian

My friend is looking for his first android phone. Budget is 15K and it should have a good camera. Shortlisted Motorola Defy (14.5K after discount @ letsbuy.com).

Is it a good option and deal?
Old 24th June 2011, 19:29   #4228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
No man... Did you upgrade to froyo before switching to cm7?
Yes, I received OTA update to Froyo before I installed CM7
Old 24th June 2011, 19:40   #4229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatpower

Yes, I received OTA update to Froyo before I installed CM7
Moment i installed froyo, speed dropped and the phone brcame unstable as hell thsts why i installed CM7
Old 24th June 2011, 23:25   #4230
Senior - BHPian

I recently upgraded my Galaxy S ( the superamoled one ) to the official samsung gingerbread 2.3 and the performance improvement is clearly noticable. Everything feels superslick.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks