Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2014, 17:27   #18931
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
So my HTC One V is now officially hard bricked declared both by SVC and friendly neighbourhood mobile repair guy. They suggest motherboard replacement which is not worth doing for a two year old phone. The phone loops through on/off cycle and keeps stuck at HTC/Beats audio start screen. So now I have the most expensive paper weight in my house.

Requesting all existing Mi3 owners to share their feeback about the phone, any problems etc as reported on that blog? Any further guidance will be highly appreciated.
Been using one for a month now ( got it in the first sale). No issues to report. Everything working as expected. Battery life is brilliant.
On the sar values, it is well within limits but I think higher than phones from the big brands.

Have you looked at the zenfone 5?,

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 23rd August 2014 at 17:29.
Old 23rd August 2014, 20:03   #18932
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

How about going for tried & tested Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 instead of Xiaomi Mi3?

And does Mi3 has FM radio?
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:01   #18933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about going for tried & tested Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 instead of Xiaomi Mi3?

And does Mi3 has FM radio?
Please google up those piece's relative sales and you may wish to reconsider what is tried and tested

Leaving your prejudices aside - its basically at par with MotoG (less space, more RAM most of which will be eaten by touchwiz, but with a larger screen). You should note that motoG sales have tanked because of MI3.

If you want a tried/tested piece, take the MotoG instead. Not the Grand2.

FM- http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_3-5678.php yes.

/yes, I'm biased against samsung. Owned two S3s. Earned my bias through and through!
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:16   #18934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post

If you want a tried/tested piece, take the MotoG instead. Not the Grand2.

It would have been Moto G only but it is going to be discontinued soon and can't wait longer for G2.

I want to go for Mi3 but only concern is its higher SAR values.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd August 2014 at 22:18.
Old 23rd August 2014, 22:22   #18935
BHPian

Quote:
It would have been Moto G only but it is going to be discontinued soon and can't wait longer for G2.

I want to go for Mi3 but only concern is its higher SAR values.
You can have a look at Xperia ZR. It is available on flipkart for Rs 18.5k. Its a great phone with good specs. And if you like IOS then iPhone 4S is also there.

Last edited by HappyRoadie : 23rd August 2014 at 22:24.
Old 23rd August 2014, 23:31   #18936
BHPian

I am looking for a place where i can repair my Nexus 7 tablet. I had been to the official Asus service center "justfix" on Residency Road, but what they are quoting is too high.
Old 24th August 2014, 00:33   #18937
BHPian

Got my Mi3 today. Have ordered for the screen guard and back cover which will be delivered to me by Monday.

I have a question regarding the first charging. For how many hours should I charge the phone, if its the first time? 8 hours? 12 hours?

-Bhargav
Old 24th August 2014, 04:35   #18938
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octane_Power View Post
Got my Mi3 today. Have ordered for the screen guard and back cover which will be delivered to me by Monday.

I have a question regarding the first charging. For how many hours should I charge the phone, if its the first time? 8 hours? 12 hours?

-Bhargav
Isn't the screen guard available from local mobile stores for Mi3 yet?
Old 24th August 2014, 05:32   #18939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
/yes, I'm biased against samsung. Owned two S3s. Earned my bias through and through!
I gifed my father that crap of a phone. They have been outhought, outpriced and out built by small time chinese manufacturers and for all its worth, they cannot write software worth sh$%.
Old 24th August 2014, 08:24   #18940
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1

After owning S3 and S4, I can say that this bias is well deserved by Samsung.
Old 24th August 2014, 10:41   #18941
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I gifed my father that crap of a phone. They have been outhought, outpriced and out built by small time chinese manufacturers and for all its worth, they cannot write software worth sh$%.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
+1

After owning S3 and S4, I can say that this bias is well deserved by Samsung.
Agree fully.

I am so done with the custom ROM scene as well. Turns out that skype on any custom rom even miui wont let me take skype calls on bluetooth (no darned clue why).

So I switch back to OEM based ROMs only to discover that most of them lag terribly - the only one which didn't suck - Gorgoid, has (temporarily) killed my camera.

Ergo iPhone. or maybe the 1020 if I get a good deal on it. The camera on that thing is a beauty!
Old 24th August 2014, 11:11   #18942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
There you go, after all the hype and drama and waiting periods, now complaints on horrible quality of Xiaomi Mi3:

http://www.androidorigin.com/xiaomi-...oduct-quality/
Knowing the owner of the blog personally and even the guy mentioned in the article (btw he got a replacement last week itself), let me tell you that it is obviously a hyped up article, written with the only aim of getting it viral through social networking sites like Facebook and Reddit for monetization purposes. As Phamilyman said, please do take it with a pinch of salt (or in this case, a bag of it). Mi3 is a very good phone in that budget, I am planning to pick one up for someone in my family.
Old 24th August 2014, 11:24   #18943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Agree fully.

I am so done with the custom ROM scene as well. Turns out that skype on any custom rom even miui wont let me take skype calls on bluetooth (no darned clue why).

So I switch back to OEM based ROMs only to discover that most of them lag terribly - the only one which didn't suck - Gorgoid, has (temporarily) killed my camera.

Ergo iPhone. or maybe the 1020 if I get a good deal on it. The camera on that thing is a beauty!
The point is that if you are going to go Android, make sure it is a Nexus 5 or something which is very close to a Nexus device software wise. I absolutely love my Nexus 5 because that is how google meant android to be, not the bloated crap which Samdung masquerades as android.
Old 24th August 2014, 12:13   #18944
BHPian

Experience with ShopClues

I had very good experience with ShopClues so far.

Made few purchases from SC recently. I am very happy with their price and service.

My latest purchase was a XIAOMI MI POWER BANK 10400mah. Since FK had gone out of stock, I had to look for another site for this item. I found SC was the cheapest at Rs.1399/-. On top of it, I could avail a 14% discount. So my effective price was Rs.1203/-

I placed the order on 21st night 10:30 PM & received my delivery on 24th, Sunday morning.

Extremely happy with ShopClues.
Old 24th August 2014, 15:21   #18945
BHPian

Anyone who says Xiaomi Mi3 is bad should look at the market response in China. It has been selling there for over an year now and still its not so easy to pick one directly. Recently I was in Shanghai and not one had a bad thing to say about it. The service centers are efficient too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks