Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2015, 19:13   #21571
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
I'll take it tomorrow first thing. Did you have any luck with going there or do you know anyone who got their phone repaired. Unfortunately the reviews of LG service centre's aren't very good.
Go to the one in Rajajinagar. It is near Bangalore wheels Yamaha showroom. Couple of roads behind. They are among the better LG service centers
Old 19th July 2015, 19:37   #21572
Senior - BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Go to the one in Rajajinagar. It is near Bangalore wheels Yamaha showroom. Couple of roads behind. They are among the better LG service centers
I did a quick google search and they were the one's with more positive reviews,will drop in tomorrow and see what they can do.
-----
I've tried flicking power button,tapping back cover and using a magnet. None of them worked.
Old 19th July 2015, 20:18   #21573
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need help. In Redmi 1S, i have selected google backup to backup my phone contacts. But when i log into my google account , i see only 20% of the total contacts available in my phone. Why are other contacts not synced to google account? WiFi will be on most of the time i am at home . There is no 'Sync Now' option either in the settings.
Old 20th July 2015, 06:55   #21574
KRN
BHPian

Folks, there is a one plus one unboxed items deal at overcart for 12999. You have to register now and buy when the item goes on sale. I am looking at a phone to replace my first gen Moto g. Is it worth to go for the One plus one given that the One Plus Two launch is impending?

Also is the Oxygen OS updated frequently and I would get Android M down the line (not sure if Cyanogen is still providing updates)?

Alternate phones in my list are Moto g 3rd gen, Note 4 (if price drops significantly after Note 5 launch), Galaxy A7 etc.

I am ready to wait 3 months, but need a phone with latest OS updates, decent camera and very stable performance (no lags etc.). Don't care about gaming at all. Budget is around 25k.

One plus one looks very tempting now at this price.
Old 20th July 2015, 07:35   #21575
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
But when i log into my google account , i see only 20% of the total contacts available in my phone
Contacts -> Contacts to display -> Select -> Phone. Check if the missing contacts are saved in the phone (I save all my contacts to my Google account and when I select 'Phone', no contacts are visible)

For force syncing, go to accounts -> Google -> Your Google Account -> Tap and turn off Contacts -> Tap again to turn on Contacts sync
Old 20th July 2015, 09:49   #21576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Alternate phones in my list are Moto g 3rd gen, Note 4 (if price drops significantly after Note 5 launch), Galaxy A7 etc.

I am ready to wait 3 months, but need a phone with latest OS updates, decent camera and very stable performance (no lags etc.). Don't care about gaming at all. Budget is around 25k.
If 32GB MotoX is available then get that instead. That will be true upgrade for you and will provide best Android experience compared to others in your list.
Old 20th July 2015, 10:05   #21577
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea if the One Plus Two come to India with the July 27th Launch? Or will it come to India only some time later like the One Plus One
Old 20th July 2015, 10:34   #21578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
If 32GB MotoX is available then get that instead. That will be true upgrade for you and will provide best Android experience compared to others in your list.
Does the moto X support airtel 4g bands? I am also planning to replace my moto g 1st gen inside a 25k budget.
Old 20th July 2015, 12:36   #21579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Does the moto X support airtel 4g bands? I am also planning to replace my moto g 1st gen inside a 25k budget.
There are confusions over 4G bands used by Airtel in India. Look at these two posts which suggest they are using different bands at different locations:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=248

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=3
Old 20th July 2015, 14:27   #21580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Take a look at this post to know whether the phone supports Airtel 4G.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadget...ml#post3754038
Old 20th July 2015, 15:51   #21581
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I got a chance to play with the Samsung Galaxy E5.
I was not aware of this model and when I took it in my hand, I was mighty impressed.

The phone is very slim and though it has a 5" screen, it does not seem to be big (my regular phone is the Droid Maxx with an Otterbox Defender case on it. - so the thickness and weight difference was realized as soon as I picked up the E5).

Now, my neighbour had asked me to set up this phone for him and I spent a few hours with the phone.

Samsung has done a good job with this phone - there is a special mode called "Easy mode" which makes the icons bigger and hides a lot of unnecessary stuff. This could be quite useful to those who are new to touch screens (such as the senior citizens). You cannot accidentally delete the icons even if you long-press them.

I set the phone to this mode and gave it back to my neighbour this morning. Hope he likes it.

Besides, it has a one-hand operation mode which is a nice addition.

The astonishing part for me was the way the flash took photographs. The firing of the flash was fantastic. This phone should be good in taking indoor photos with flash.

The front camera (which is 5 MP) of this 'selfie' phone was OK. Since I was sitting in really low light, without flash, expecting front camera to come up with something better would be asking too much.

When I got the phone, the display was overly bright. I reduced the slider to just above the minimum possible. They even provide an Outdoor mode, which was so bright that my eyes started hurting within a couple of seconds.
This mode should be used only when outdoors and it bumps up the brightness by an insane amount.

The phone, running 4.4.4 was fluid and had a little over 11 GB free in the internal storage. It should be able to handle all daily use typical applications.

The phone is available for around Rs. 14500 on Amazon and seems to be a good overall package - good hardware and great software customizations.
The 2400 mAh battery should easily last one full day of heavy usage, but I did not test it for that long.

Last edited by S_U_N : 20th July 2015 at 15:55.
Old 20th July 2015, 19:06   #21582
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Yesterday, I got a chance to play with the Samsung Galaxy E5.
I was not aware of this model and when I took it in my hand, I was mighty impressed.
Did you already buy E5?
If not please check Galaxy J5 or J7 (12K and 15K respectively).
http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-j
They have better specs (including 4G connectivity) and priced lower since they are only sold online
Old 20th July 2015, 19:53   #21583
KRN
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
Thanks. Curious to know if the 2nd gen Moto X is that big of an upgrade over Moto G? I thought that the Moto G offered 80% of the Moto X at 40% the price. If the 3rd gen Moto X will launch shortly, will wait for that and see what it offers.
On a related note, I am also impressed with Samsung's latest mid range devices such as the A, J and E series. I was one of the people happy to stay away from Samsung in the past, but their latest devices seem impressive barring slow OS updates.
Old 20th July 2015, 20:06   #21584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Did you already buy E5?
If not please check Galaxy J5 or J7 (12K and 15K respectively).
http://www.flipkart.com/samsung-j
They have better specs (including 4G connectivity) and priced lower since they are only sold online
Yes, I also have my eyes on the J7 - might be my next buy. But I guess it will be available only from mid-August?
Old 20th July 2015, 20:36   #21585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRN View Post
Thanks. Curious to know if the 2nd gen Moto X is that big of an upgrade over Moto G? I thought that the Moto G offered 80% of the Moto X at 40% the price.
There is not comparison between Moto G and X. First of all hardware like CPU, RAM, camera, sensors, display panel etc are of way higher spec and higher grade than MotoG, thats a flagship Motorola afterall. Moto G is an decent mid-range phone targeted to average buyers.

Specs and quality of hardware aside, its the software experience which makes MotoX stand out of the crowd. Utility of the Moto X features can be valued only when you start using the device. Once you get used to of a MotoX, you get spoiled and left in position of being not able to settle for anything else. Literally I don't see any replacement for my MotoX in any of the recently launched flagship devices or any soon to be launched forthcoming devices except another MotoX. This is the one phone which people will like to keep it in stock for the stock features its got Its not meant for modding or flashing custom ROMs.

People talk a lot about cameras these days but I found MotoX2 camera one of the best camera in average to good lighting conditions. Once tweaked, it produces detailed pictures with minimum post processing compared to most of the popular flagships which produces cartoon-ish looking pictures with oil painting kind of effect when viewed on big screens. Inbuilt post processing algorithm in those cameras eat up details on the name of making the images look noise free and brighter. Even Motorola's own Droid turbo (20MP) and Nexus 6 (16MP) produce far inferior quality pictures compared to MotoX.

About the third gen MotoX, I prefer the current two circle design of rear panel instead the upcoming metal strip. Then the new one is expected to come up with one of the high end Qualcomm 64bit multicore processors which are notorious for running hotter. (Read reviews of 810 chipset handsets) Clock speed of single core in the new one also seems to be lower than the current 2.5Ghz.

Newer one will also come with much higher resolution display which will unnecessarily be more stressful on the resources. So the increased specs will somehow be compensating for the additional stress put by the additional pixels of the display. FHD is already more than enough for 5" screens IMO. Then comes the price, new X will be launched at much higher price point compared to current discounted one.

If you are interested in the new one then better to wait for market report, especially for the chipset and camera.

Last edited by tbppjpr : 20th July 2015 at 20:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks