Team-BHP > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2021, 10:55   #30481
BHPian

Re: Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by splitsecond View Post
Hi, how clean is their new battery installation? Does the mobile body intact? squeaky?
And did you data wipe the phone before giving to them? Or just locking enough?
I had changed my OnePlus 3t's battery last year itself before upgrading to nord, at the Kurla OnePlus centre. The main reason I stuck with OnePlus is their excellent after sales service and availability of spares. Even a 4-5 years old phone has spare new batteries available and got it changed in 45 mins flat, for 1500 bucks. No data wipe needed as well.
Also nord users, are you experiencing any battery issues after the update to Oxygen OS11?
aarnav_b is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 11:05   #30482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvenkatesh View Post
I have a Oneplus 7T that i bought as soon as it was launched. So it is in Oct of 2019.

Should i buy a new phone now?
I have 5T, I am not even bothering to buy new phone! Its good enough for all my requirement. Your 7T should last at least another 3 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Before going for a new phone did you try a factory reset?
I would recommend factory reset too. Many problems resolve with factory reset. make necessary backups of data before reset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Well your Oneplus 7t is a good phone and if you just get the battery changed.
If factory reset doesn't work, I suggest changing battery. I did change my 5T batter two weeks back in Oneplus authorize service center here. They did not charge for battery, only charged Rs 472 fixed service charges!

If battery change also doesn't work, probably recent OS update is buggy. Either just wait it our next version (considering oneplus never keeps promises), or you would be better to go-back one or two OS version and see if phone works better.

Quote:
Hi, how clean is their new battery installation? Does the mobile body intact? squeaky?
And did you data wipe the phone before giving to them? Or just locking enough?
Installation is neat. You might find scratch or two in back or slight paint chip where they pry open screen. You hardly notice it.

If you are dropping in person for battery replacement, no need of data wiping. How ever if you are take their "home pickup and drop", they expect you to remove pin or any sort of locking mechanism. You should decide if you are comfortable with provide them with unlocked phone, its your call.
RaguHolla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 20:17   #30483
Team-BHP Support

I respect this You Tuber. He says what most of us feel and few of us have discussed some or the other issues over here as well. Request you to have a watch in your spare time.

Sheel is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 22:33   #30484
BHPian

Folks with the OnePlus 7 series,
What do you think about the Oxygen OS 11 update. I have a notification for the Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA (OnePlus 7T) but I'm hearing a lot of mixed opinions.

Anyone here who has updated their device? Can I get some opinions about your experience
Old 9th May 2021, 23:12   #30485
BHPian

Quote:
Did you try some other battery monitoring app? , and about your wrap charger, it should charge your battery to 35% in 15 minutes.
I haven't tried any so far. But i think i should try one soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep_bang View Post
Before going for a new phone did you try a factory reset?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Well your Oneplus 7t is a good phone and if you just get the battery changed, it would be good to last you another 1-2 years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaguHolla View Post
I have 5T, I am not even bothering to buy new phone! Its good enough for all my requirement. Your 7T should last at least another 3 years!
Thanks guys. I think i will hold onto this phone for atleast another 1 year, if not more. I will get the battery replaced once the covid situation stabilizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
What do you think about the Oxygen OS 11 update. I have a notification for the Oxygen OS 11.0.0.2.HD65AA (OnePlus 7T) but I'm hearing a lot of mixed opinions.

Anyone here who has updated their device? Can I get some opinions about your experience
I use Oneplus 7T and i am holding onto OOS10 for now. Don't want to update to OOS11 after reviewing endless issues in that build. May be i might update if Oneplus fixes and releases at least 2-3 updates. Android 10 seems fine so far.

Last edited by naveenvenkatesh : 9th May 2021 at 23:13. Reason: Spelling
naveenvenkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2021, 09:45   #30486
Oxy
BHPian

If only this thing didn't weigh 243g, man what crazy hardware! Makes sense even for non gamers.

Though my current Oppo Reno 10x Zoom does weigh 215g so still contemplating
Old 11th May 2021, 18:22   #30487
BHPian

Quote:

I think its better to defer the update for now. Check this post.

https://www.androidauthority.com/one...blems-1224737/
kap04 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2021, 18:55   #30488
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Didn't bother updating, neither the original messy March release nor the April hotfix.

10 works great, and Google Play now updates separately (currently shows April) from the overall Android security patch anyway, so I'm sticking with what works.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 11th May 2021 at 18:56.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 09:34   #30489
BHPian

Need a help from anyone who has Samsung Galaxy F62 and more than 60 Mbps broadband connection.
My F62 is not giving me wifi speeds above 50 Mbps and 95% of the time it is less than 40 Mbps. I have a 125 Mbps connection and other devices at home, Nokia 8.1 and Samsung tab give 90-100 Mbps speeds on average (Nokia reaches 120 Mbps at times also) on the same wifi connection.

I had contacted Samsung support and tried out all their suggestions like safe mode, factory reset etc. but no use. Once the COVID situation improves after a few months, I plan to take it to Samsung service center to get it checked.

Out of curiosity wanted to know what speeds other fellow F62 users are getting.

Thanks in advance!
Old 15th May 2021, 10:25   #30490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Need a help from anyone who has Samsung Galaxy F62 and more than 60 Mbps broadband connection.
My F62 is not giving me wifi speeds above 50 Mbps and 95% of the time it is less than 40 Mbps. I have a 125 Mbps connection and other devices at home, Nokia 8.1 and Samsung tab give 90-100 Mbps speeds on average (Nokia reaches 120 Mbps at times also) on the same wifi connection.

I had contacted Samsung support and tried out all their suggestions like safe mode, factory reset etc. but no use. Once the COVID situation improves after a few months, I plan to take it to Samsung service center to get it checked.

Thanks in advance!
Did you try changing the speedtest server manually? Most of the times a non optimum server is chosen by the app. I faced the same issue when I got my Samsung S20.
poloman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2021, 10:44   #30491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by y448 View Post
Thanks in advance!
JioFiber 100Mbps prepaid plan @TVM
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-download_speed.jpg  

kochup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2021, 19:49   #30492
BHPian

Hello guys, my sister needs a tablet to attend her school lectures. Budget is around 13-15 k ₹. Not looking any fancy features or such, decent battery backup, sim card support and acceptable screen resolution is good enough. Please let me know your recommendations.
Old 19th May 2021, 15:38   #30493
Team-BHP Support

I had changed my phone about 10 months ago. I recently noticed, that all events on my Google calender has disappeared.

Other bits from Google accounts are all present, but birthdays, anniversaries have gone missing. I have cross checked and syncing / backup is on.

Anything else I am missing?
Old 19th May 2021, 17:37   #30494
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Other bits from Google accounts are all present, but birthdays, anniversaries have gone missing.

Open the Google Calendar app (assuming that's what you use) and tap on the hamburger menu to open the navigation drawer. Under your Google Account section, you will see a checkbox labelled "Birthdays". Is it selected?
Old 20th May 2021, 08:36   #30495
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Open the Google Calendar app (assuming that's what you use) and tap on the hamburger menu to open the navigation drawer. Under your Google Account section, you will see a checkbox labelled "Birthdays". Is it selected?
Are you saying about this? If not, could you please share a screenshot?

I was using a Huwaei [Honor 10] phone earlier, maybe, its present there?
Attached Thumbnails
Android Thread: Phones / Apps / Mods-screenshot_20210520083220_calendar.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks