Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:11   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
Yes, Magic seat is a good feature, but I doubt most people would use it more than 5 times in an year. Jazz has generous space even without the magic seats. If you like the car, don't let this be a deal breaker.
Magic vs Non-Magic difference is not just flexibility. Overall construction and quality of seats are very different as well. In addition to that magic seat has adjustable head rests at the rear, it is fixed in non-magic.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 11:35   #407
Senior - BHPian

Hello Bhpians,

I am getting a 2004 model Honda City IDSI Automatic (CVT Petrol), ODO : 70,000 Kms for 1,50,000/-. Is it a good buy? The car is in mint condition, but I am worried about the maintenance cost (if any?) of the Automatic gearbox as the car is almost 15 years old.
Old 23rd November 2017, 12:24   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedised View Post
Hello Bhpians,

I am getting a 2004 model Honda City IDSI Automatic (CVT Petrol), ODO : 70,000 Kms for 1,50,000/-. Is it a good buy? The car is in mint condition, but I am worried about the maintenance cost (if any?) of the Automatic gearbox as the car is almost 15 years old.
Get a once over from a good trusted mechanic who has experience in automatic transmissions or take it to a Honda Service Centre and get it checked, certified and get a service history. I think the price is on the higher, haggle for more. Max would be ₹ 75000.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 14:18   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Bhpians,

The car itself is extremely reliable. Dont think you will have much issues with major components. Get it checked out by an authorized dealer & get an estimate on repair. Pay particular attention to brakes, timing chain, suspension, weather proofing.

In my 10 year old City, I had an issue that the windshield became mildly clouded and would create significant glare at night. Check that out too.

You also need to budget for time & effort along with money for getting the fitness certificate after the registration expires in 15 years.
Old 23rd November 2017, 15:27   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
You also need to budget for time & effort along with money for getting the fitness certificate after the registration expires in 15 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
Get a once over from a good trusted mechanic who has experience in automatic transmissions or take it to a Honda Service Centre and get it checked, certified and get a service history. I think the price is on the higher, haggle for more. Max would be ₹ 75000.
Thanks. I googled a little on CVT issues and a few thread on team-bhp itself appeared about the model I am looking to buy. It seems that CVT is very sensitive to CVT oil change interval and oil used. I dont think so that the previous owner would have changed CVT oil every 20k kms, that I will get checked with the Honda SC. It seems pur hasing this car would be a gamble I would have to take.
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:23   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
. I dont think so that the previous owner would have changed CVT oil every 20k kms, that I will get checked with the Honda SC.
I checked my 2017 Jazz manual - CVT oil replacement interval is 40k km, not 20k.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 19:00   #412

Hello TeamBHPians,

I'm in the market for a new AT, with an OTR budget of <10 lakhs max.

What I want in the car:
Good build quality
6 airbags, with ABS at least
Reliable

Only the Ford Ecosport has all that I want, but its out of my budget.

So far, I driven the Ignis, Baleno, Dzire, Brio and Jazz. Yet to drive the Tiago and the Micra.
The Ignis sits nicely in my comfort zone wrt budget, drives reasonably well. But the Maruti AMT thread has me worried.
The Baleno felt claustrophobic and I didn't feel that I had a good view of the road. I liked the smooth drive of the Jazz, but I don'l like the fact that there's no reverse sensors, or rear height adjustable headrests.

The only car in my budget with a good build quality and 6 airbags is the MT i20 Asta O. I'm uncertain as to choose overall safety or the convenience of an AT.

What do you folks think?
Old 24th November 2017, 09:54   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isnescrpy View Post
If you will primarily drive in the city, go for the automatic. If you drive a decent amount on the highways, go for the safety

Last edited by ampere : 24th November 2017 at 11:13. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2017, 11:15   #414
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Good build quality
6 airbags, with ABS at least
I am not sure if any car satisfies 6 Airbags and AT requirements together. You may want to check on that.

That apart Baleno, Polo and Jazz top end of the line AT versions will come around 10-11. But I think all have only 2 airbags.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 18:34   #415
BHPian

Quote:
The previous generation Ford EcoSport had six airbags and an automatic gearbox in the Titanium trim and can probably be had for under ₹10 lacs on-road now, if you can find it somewhere.

Outside of that, you simply cannot have an automatic coupled with six airbags under ₹10 lacs. Safety is about more than just airbags though. The primary factor is the overall stability of the body shell and the active safety features like brake assist, ESP, etc. are contributing ones.

Go for a car that gives you an automatic gearbox coupled with a solid, well built body that has scored well on the NCAPs.

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:54. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2017, 14:00   #416
Senior - BHPian

I believe the Figo might also fit the bill if you're willing to forgo the convenience of the AT. It is cheaper than the top end i20.
McLaren Rulez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:36   #417
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Check out the Jazz Privilege Edition, it comes with reverse parking sensors.

Also as someone else suggested, the old gen Ecosport Titanium AT should now be available at pretty good discounts since the new gen has recently launched. Try to get it as that should be within your budget, but Ford's DCT auto gearbox has it's own issues too.

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:54. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2017, 21:21   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Ford Figo and Aspire now comes with a Titanium Options Pack variant Titanium (O). Check out this thread for more details.

Last edited by ampere : 17th December 2017 at 21:53. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
sohu9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 07:40   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Ford Figo and Aspire now comes with a Titanium Options Pack variant Titanium (O). Check out this thread for more details.
AFAIK Ford has silently stopped taking bookings for this variant. Both the Figo and Aspire are limited to 2 airbags now. Only the Ecosport gets 6 airbags.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2017, 12:08   #420

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
If you will primarily drive in the city, go for the automatic. If you drive a decent amount on the highways, go for the safety
Yes, it's mostly (90%) for Bangalore city use. I want an automatic, but feel like I'm ignoring safety by prioritizing convenience. Something for me to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I am not sure if any car satisfies 6 Airbags and AT requirements together. You may want to check on that.

That apart Baleno, Polo and Jazz top end of the line AT versions will come around 10-11. But I think all have only 2 airbags.
You're right, there's no automatic under 10Lakhs that meets my requirements. From what I've test driven so far, I like the Ignis and Jazz. All petrol by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohu9 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
I believe the Figo might also fit the bill if you're willing to forgo the convenience of the AT. It is cheaper than the top end i20.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Check out the Jazz Privilege Edition, it comes with reverse parking sensors.

Also as someone else suggested, the old gen Ecosport Titanium AT should now be available at pretty good discounts since the new gen has recently launched. Try to get it as that should be within your budget, but Ford's DCT auto gearbox has it's own issues too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryayush View Post
The previous generation Ford EcoSport had six airbags ...
Safety is about more than just airbags though...
well built body that has scored well on the NCAPs.
I agree, that's the reason I haven't considered the Figo twins, with its shell deemed unstable. After owning a couple of pre-owned cars (Corolla and Mazda3), I have tried to make a case for the VFM offered by a pre-owned Ecosport, but it has been unsuccessful so far .

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
AFAIK Ford has silently stopped taking bookings for this variant. Both the Figo and Aspire are limited to 2 airbags now. Only the Ecosport gets 6 airbags.
Unfortunate that Ford decided to pull the 6 airbag variant. Though I wonder how useful it would have been given the poor rating of Figo by NCAP?

Question, are rear curtain airbags superfluous when a baby car set is installed? (Baby seat is installed and gets used regardless of airbag or not).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks