Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2019, 17:22   #646
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 417
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Thanks guys. Down to i20 vs jazz for me. Will let my wife decide from here. Cheers and thanks
acidkill is offline  
Old 6th February 2019, 00:36   #647
BHPian
 
roby_dk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 720
Thanked: 2,006 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Thanks guys. Down to i20 vs jazz for me. Will let my wife decide from here. Cheers and thanks
Strange you have not considered the best of the lot. Its Polo GT TSI but in case you are not willing to touch Germans kindly do not test drive else you will not be able to neglect it.
Took test drive of Polo, i20, EcoSport, Creta and Polo again to finalize the car. Mind you it was purely my wife's decision and her wish to go for Polo. Booked it and will be going to take delivery in few weeks.

If not Polo you can get Trend EcoSport with close to 75k discount on MY18 models.

i20 is the worst of the lot according to both of us.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4536571 (Which car for the better half?)
roby_dk is offline  
Old 6th February 2019, 00:51   #648
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 417
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Strange you have not considered the best of the lot. Its Polo GT TSI but in case you are not willing to touch Germans kindly do not test drive else you will not be able to neglect it.
Took test drive of Polo, i20, EcoSport, Creta and Polo again to finalize the car. Mind you it was purely my wife's decision and her wish to go for Polo. Booked it and will be going to take delivery in few weeks.

If not Polo you can get Trend EcoSport with close to 75k discount on MY18 models.

i20 is the worst of the lot according to both of us.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-...ml#post4536571 (Which car for the better half?)
Had a vw vento once. dont want a repeat. Also very clear that I want to avoid vw group cars. Have heard enough and more stories about Skoda vw and audi bills.

I'm totally ok with honda. And frankly just test driving the i20 to validate the choice of the jazz. This is besides the fact that we already have a city

Last edited by acidkill : 6th February 2019 at 00:53.
acidkill is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2019, 11:11   #649
BHPian
 
heydj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rotterdam/Delhi
Posts: 399
Thanked: 423 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.

No preference of petrol/diesel. Need something that he will keep for next 10 years and have niggle free ownership.

Right now he is using Swift Vxi bought in 2009, no problems faced so far.

Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
heydj is online now  
Old 6th February 2019, 15:09   #650
BANNED
 
DCEite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: NCR
Posts: 3,186
Thanked: 1,335 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.

No preference of petrol/diesel. Need something that he will keep for next 10 years and have niggle free ownership.

Right now he is using Swift Vxi bought in 2009, no problems faced so far.

Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
You can consider IGNIS AMT although it would not be a proper upgrade from Swift but a very practical car nonetheless.

How about a notchback/style? I am referring to Tigor AMT which would be an upgrade from your Swift and is reasonably fun to drive in Sports mode and triptronic (manual) mode in city traffic.
DCEite is offline  
Old 6th February 2019, 20:32   #651
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Rajeevraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 4,060
Thanked: 12,959 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.
Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
I think the current swift itself costs more than 7L. So within 7L OTR you are not going to get an upgrade to the Swift. Would be better to increase budget to get the likes of Baleno , Jazz, i20 CVTs.
Rajeevraj is offline  
Old 8th February 2019, 12:08   #652
BHPian
 
heydj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rotterdam/Delhi
Posts: 399
Thanked: 423 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
I think the current swift itself costs more than 7L. So within 7L OTR you are not going to get an upgrade to the Swift. Would be better to increase budget to get the likes of Baleno , Jazz, i20 CVTs.
How about Honda Brio CVT? Ford Figo DCT?
heydj is online now  
Old 8th February 2019, 12:36   #653
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,374
Thanked: 2,776 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
How about Honda Brio CVT? Ford Figo DCT?
Firstly, Brio has a torque converter automatic gearbox, not CVT. Also, Brio is being discontinued by Honda - sales for the last few months have mostly been in low double or single digits (stock clearance mode) - doubt if one can find an automatic Brio with any of the dealers.

Figo sales have again been a trickle (single/double digits) when compared with it's competitors, and there has been no sales in January. For all practical purposes, Freestyle is the new Figo, and currently there's no automatic option for the Freestyle. Also, Ford is moving away from the DCT to TC boxes - already done so in Ecosport & Aspire.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2019, 13:06   #654
BHPian
 
DPetrolHead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Delhi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.

No preference of petrol/diesel. Need something that he will keep for next 10 years and have niggle free ownership.

Right now he is using Swift Vxi bought in 2009, no problems faced so far.

Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.

Requirements - Fun to drive, safety features, good service network, upgrade to swift or not a downgrade like Wagon R etc.
If AMT is not a deal breaker for you, you can go with the Swift VXI AMT. It is around 7.2 OTR right now but I read somewhere that MS is giving around 50k discounts so it will be in your budget too. Throw in some more money to get the VFM ZXI trim.
Else go for the Grand i10 for its smooth AT but is not that fun to drive and is a petrol guzzler.

Cheers!
DPetrolHead is offline  
Old 8th February 2019, 13:44   #655
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: BLR, GGN
Posts: 410
Thanked: 820 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.

Budget under 7 Lakhs OTR.
I would rush to Nexa dealers in and around Delhi, to see if they have the pre facelift version of Baleno Delta Automatic, and see the offers you can gather. The pre facelift version was priced around 30-35k lower than the current version, and there were offers in tune of 50k when clearance was going on.

If not available give a look to Xcent S AT and Dzire VXI AMT. Xcent has traditional automatic, and almost always has pretty substantial offers. It might give your budget a bit of a stretch of about 50k, but if you are planning to keep the car for 10 years, that is not a huge amount.

There are options from cars in same segment as Swift, but in my opinion a slight stretch is worth it when keeping the car for 10 years.
autorahul is offline  
Old 8th February 2019, 16:05   #656
BHPian
 
heydj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Rotterdam/Delhi
Posts: 399
Thanked: 423 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Some more info;

I personally use Skoda TDI DSG. So whenever Dad asks me to recommend AT hatch with same fun to drive response I don't know which hatch to recommend with niggle free ownership.

I would have said Polo TSI but don't want Dad to have worried ownership. Just need fun to drive and hassle free hatch option.

Out of all hatch within 7-9L range after Polo TSI which is best hatch?
heydj is online now  
Old 8th February 2019, 17:27   #657
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,484
Thanked: 2,837 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Some more info;

I personally use Skoda TDI DSG. So whenever Dad asks me to recommend AT hatch with same fun to drive response I don't know which hatch to recommend with niggle free ownership.

I would have said Polo TSI but don't want Dad to have worried ownership. Just need fun to drive and hassle free hatch option.

Out of all hatch within 7-9L range after Polo TSI which is best hatch?
Consider the Ford Aspire petrol AT. It is not a hatchback but dimensionally it is as big as an i20 or Baleno. Other than the Polo TSI, this is the only small automatic which comes with ESP and TC. Car is certainly fun to drive as well.
Guna is online now  
Old 23rd February 2019, 17:43   #658
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 417
Thanked: 135 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidkill View Post
Thanks guys. Down to i20 vs jazz for me. Will let my wife decide from here. Cheers and thanks

Hi guys,

Need to buy one more hatch. How is the Ecosport AT?

THanks
acidkill is offline  
Old 23rd February 2019, 18:48   #659
BHPian
 
porsche_guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: GJ06/GJ01
Posts: 675
Thanked: 2,077 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My dad is looking for a AT hatch. Need suggestions.
What did you pick up finally?
porsche_guy is online now  
Old 25th March 2019, 22:05   #660
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chennai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Hi,
I was on the lookout for an AMT to replace my wife's 5 year old AStar Automatic(a gem of a car). Had high hopes for the Kwid, all washed away after TD. Feel Santro is not worth the premium. Now the choice is between Tiago XZA and Ignis Delta AMT. After good discounts from Tata, the Ignis is costlier only by 10k. It will be driven within city limits for school runs and shopping. Your thoughts and advise would help me decide within 2 days ( you guys know March end is the time for a bargain ).
karthik_freaky is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks