Team-BHP > What Car? > Hatchbacks


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2018, 16:53   #586
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankoor View Post
Hi any reason for not evaluating a Maruti cause very honestly by pushing your budget up by 50-70k I believe you can get a new Baleno automatic instead of a used car and given that safety and comfort are requirements than this car kind of checks all boxes

Hi Ankoor, My family has Hyundai and Maruti's for long and I want to explore other options. I personally feel, eurpoean cars are built better than Japanese and Korean ones and prefer them.

I like used cars as I see them VFM if you make the right pick. The only option I like (might buy new) is the Polo GT-TSI, but I am waiting for new model which might come to India by 2022. So it's a long wait and I need a small automatic for city drives right now.

Last edited by vivek.ks : 22nd August 2018 at 16:53. Reason: Too much space unused.
vivek.ks is offline  
Old 22nd August 2018, 17:34   #587
BHPian
 
Keynote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 239
Thanked: 988 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
automatic with a budget of 6-7L. looking for Safety and Comfort as the main criteria. This car would see daily run of 30Km in peak Bangalore traffic on a daily basis. I would request fellow forum members to provide more suggestions/feedback
You may also look at a used / new Honda Brio VX AT as an option at this price point. Advance wishes for your purchase.
Keynote is offline  
Old 23rd August 2018, 07:36   #588
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 719
Thanked: 1,417 Times
Default

Polo GT TSI or the Ameo DSG? I know the Polo GT is a lot fun to drive but from the value for money perspective Ameo DSG isn't that bad or is it? I am looking for a mix of fun to drive and do around 1500 kms/month
VWAllstar is offline  
Old 23rd August 2018, 09:01   #589
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keynote View Post
You may also look at a used / new Honda Brio VX AT as an option at this price point. Advance wishes for your purchase.
Brio is too small to meet the safety requirements I have. Most of the Jazz, I am checking are in 7L+ range. Ford Automatic is rare and mostly dealers are selling those.
vivek.ks is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 16:33   #590
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 31
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Polo GT TSI or the Ameo DSG? I know the Polo GT is a lot fun to drive but from the value for money perspective Ameo DSG isn't that bad or is it? I am looking for a mix of fun to drive and do around 1500 kms/month
You definitely need to do a Test Drive to conclude on what is your priority out of the two. I haven't driven a Ameo TDI DSG but I heard it would not come close to the TSI+DSG driving experience.
On the other side, if you are fine with it's rear profile and prefer to have extra boot space, then mileage wise, Ameo might make sense provided you liked the test drive.
Pacifier is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 16:57   #591
BHPian
 
Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: KL 02
Posts: 542
Thanked: 1,366 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Polo GT TSI or the Ameo DSG? I know the Polo GT is a lot fun to drive but from the value for money perspective Ameo DSG isn't that bad or is it? I am looking for a mix of fun to drive and do around 1500 kms/month
Both will be fun to drive. TSI might give you more joy but you need to test dive both to know what suits you best. Do check out the rear seat space of Ameo, as the extra boot space available is at the cost of rear leg space.

Both engines are good. But I would personally prefer GT TSI because:
-Lack of rear space in Ameo.
-Both uses the same DSG boxes, but in Ameo it's working in its max torque limit (250Nm), therefore more susceptible for issues.

Last edited by Flyer : 24th August 2018 at 17:14.
Flyer is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 18:27   #592
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 922
Thanked: 2,214 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
-Both uses the same DSG boxes, but in Ameo it's working in its max torque limit (250Nm), therefore more susceptible for issues.
The Ameo TDI has a different 6 speed wet clutch DSG which is much more reliable than the DQ200 in the Polo TSI. I'd personally go for the Ameo or shall I say shun the Polo TSI completely just because of that gearbox.
AYP is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 18:57   #593
BHPian
 
Flyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: KL 02
Posts: 542
Thanked: 1,366 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
The Ameo TDI has a different 6 speed wet clutch DSG which is much more reliable than the DQ200 in the Polo TSI.
No. Polo, Ameo, Vento, all these models use the same DQ200 - 7 Speed dry clutch DSG box with a max torque limit of 250Nm.

Quoting from Team-BHP news
Quote:
Powering the Ameo diesel is an updated version of the 1.5-litre four-cylinder TDI diesel engine that now churns out 108 BHP. The slight bump up in power is a result of a larger turbocharger. There are two transmission options on offer: a 5-speed manual and a 7-speed DSG.
The DQ250 6 speed wet clutch DSG box, that you are talking about is available only from Jetta and above (TDI models). It has a max torque limit of 350Nm.

Last edited by Flyer : 24th August 2018 at 19:08.
Flyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 21:37   #594
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 124
Thanked: 82 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Cars have become expensive !

I went to 3 showrooms in Bangalore looking for Automatic cars. I wanted to schedule TD over next week and in general check the car out.

1. Ford Figo 1.5 - 10.5L on road - Looks and feels well built. Rear seat is just so small. It is meant for kids and even smaller than my current i10 back seat. It did not feel comfortable at all

2. Honda Jazz V CVT - 10.5L on road - Looks and feels well buit. It's doors are heavier than Ford figo and feels great overall. This is a good package. TD will tell the story later.

3. VW Polo GT TSI 1.2L - 11.5 on road. Seats are similar to figo, a bit longer maybe but rear seat is horrible place for a 6ft tall person. Car feels well built. I have been seeing this design for long and just wish VW could bring new design as soon as possible to India. Sales person mentioned 2020 as probabale launch but caution that we may get Polo CS - Cut Short - as the european model is over 4m.
vivek.ks is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 22:29   #595
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 126
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.ks View Post
Cars have become expensive !

1. Ford Figo 1.5 - 10.5L on road - Looks and feels well built. Rear seat is just so small. It is meant for kids and even smaller than my current i10 back seat. It did not feel comfortable at all
The on road price for the Figo is too much. I remember asking for a Figo auto in December last year and it was around 8.5 lacs. I feel it should be close to 8 lacs now. I will advise you to check the prices at another dealer as well.

I agree that the cars have become expensive. 8 years ago, we bought a Santro GLS CNG for 4.6 lacs. I don't think I can buy a car like Santro for less than 6 lacs today.
_nitink_ is offline  
Old 24th August 2018, 22:48   #596
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 719
Thanked: 1,417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyer View Post
Both will be fun to drive. TSI might give you more joy but you need to test dive both to know what suits you best. Do check out the rear seat space of Ameo, as the extra boot space available is at the cost of rear leg space.

Both engines are good. But I would personally prefer GT TSI because:
-Lack of rear space in Ameo.
-Both uses the same DSG boxes, but in Ameo it's working in its max torque limit (250Nm), therefore more susceptible for issues.
Nice. But the TSI is more prone to issues than the TDI + DSG.
The only issue with Polo GT TSI is that it isn't very fuel efficient in bumper to bumper traffic. Ameo DSG is a deadly combination. Rear seat is almost same as the Polo but it looks very weird especially from the rear. Also been told that in Ameo VW have used a sub standard material as it was made only for India.
VWAllstar is offline  
Old 25th August 2018, 09:47   #597
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Santoshbhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,326
Thanked: 6,492 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Also been told that in Ameo VW have used a sub standard material as it was made only for India.
I doubt this statement. Ameo is same as Polo upto 3 quarters length. Yes it is an India specific model, but the low price is made possible by platform and part sharing with Polo/Vento. In fact building a car with cheaper exclusive parts and platform will turn out more expensive for the car maker.
Santoshbhat is offline  
Old 25th August 2018, 09:59   #598
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 719
Thanked: 1,417 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I doubt this statement. Ameo is same as Polo upto 3 quarters length. Yes it is an India specific model, but the low price is made possible by platform and part sharing with Polo/Vento. In fact building a car with cheaper exclusive parts and platform will turn out more expensive for the car maker.
Ok. Sometimes these perceptions play on one's mind. Post listening to such reviews on Ameo even I started feeling that it is a bit downer than the Polo and vento with regards to the interior fit and finish. Eventually even though I loved the DSG and found it to be a vfm proposition I dropped it and went for her elder brother vento.
VWAllstar is offline  
Old 27th August 2018, 16:20   #599
BHPian
 
vinucv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MAA / KTYM
Posts: 143
Thanked: 35 Times
Default

In search of a petrol automatic hatchback or compact sedan for my wife. Did TD of Celario, Amaze so far. Did not feel very comfortable with Celario but Amaze felt good both in terms of driving comfort and leg room at back. Planning to do some more TDs and below are in the list.

i20
Nexon
Jazz
Aspire.

Any suggestions and comments will be highly appreciated. Budget is about 8-9 lakhs.
vinucv is offline  
Old 27th August 2018, 18:56   #600
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 83
Thanked: 53 Times
Default Re: Which Automatic Hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinucv View Post
In search of a petrol automatic hatchback or compact sedan for my wife. Did TD of Celario, Amaze so far. Did not feel very comfortable with Celario but Amaze felt good both in terms of driving comfort and leg room at back. Planning to do some more TDs and below are in the list.

i20
Nexon
Jazz
Aspire.

Any suggestions and comments will be highly appreciated. Budget is about 8-9 lakhs.
Have been through all in our recent search for a small auto.
In terms of the best build quality, autobox and badge value : JAZZ
A slightly lighter build quality with same autobox : AMAZE
A Solid built and a lower badge value albeit with AMT : NEXON

If you have the budget, look for the first two.
As for Aspire, its carrying some good offers, one can save some money.
Cheers..
RickyC is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks