Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2013, 13:04   #4306
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi, A friend of mine got an Audi a4 premium plus from Audi navi Mumbai at on road price of inr 32 Lakhs with mh04 thane registration. He managed to drive a hard bargain and closed the deal when they were desperate to sell during november'13 month end. He chose a metallic grey colour car instead of the White colour on which the dealer was not ready to offer discount.

There could be good discounts in December.
IS this for the new 177 bhp version or the old engine stock?
Old 4th December 2013, 13:06   #4307
BHPian

Re: Car Price Hike in Automobile Sector from 2014

It is already a great big havoc for the aam junta. The state of our roads is pathetic but still we end up paying soo much on taxes.

They collect toll on the highways and if you have recently traveled on the Chennai-Bangalore highway you are wondering why the hell am I paying toll for a highway riddled with such bad surface. Bad toilets, no proper amenities. The few hotels or restaurants charge a bomb cos they know the customer doesnt have a choice.

P.C or any other politician does not have to bother about such things as they travel on our money and it doesnt affect their wallet in anyway.
av8er is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:12   #4308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er View Post
It is already a great big havoc for the aam junta. The state of our roads is pathetic but still we end up paying soo much on taxes.

They collect toll on the highways and if you have recently traveled on the Chennai-Bangalore highway you are wondering why the hell am I paying toll for a highway riddled with such bad surface. Bad toilets, no proper amenities. The few hotels or restaurants charge a bomb cos they know the customer doesnt have a choice.

P.C or any other politician does not have to bother about such things as they travel on our money and it doesnt affect their wallet in anyway.
Rightly said. We pay such heavy road tax in Karnataka but the road conditions are pathetic here. Keeping that aside, I pretty much doubt that there will be a hike in 2014 or at least till February or March. This is pretty much a marketing gimmick.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:14   #4309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I pretty much doubt that there will be a hike in 2014 or at least till February or March. This is pretty much a marketing gimmick.
True, With the elections pretty much round the corner I would not be surprised if there is a negligible decrease in registration charges and road taxes left alone.
Old 4th December 2013, 14:17   #4310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Master View Post
This thread is to inform people whose delivery is supposed to take place in Nov- Dec, 2013, but in most likelihood getting delayed. This information will help them put more pressure on the dealers to make faster delivery.
Just a fear-mongering drive to help sales in December which is lowest every year (its coming from marketing Department).

If someone gets delivery in Dec, there might be few issues with resale price down the road.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 14:55   #4311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Just a fear-mongering drive to help sales in December which is lowest every year (its coming from marketing Department).

If someone gets delivery in Dec, there might be few issues with resale price down the road.
Totally agree.

Also the battle is for market share, and in a shrinking scenario everyone wants a sale, the boys/also ran get sifted from men.

prices go up and discounts go up.

Market and needs are dynamic companies have to adapt.

Hats off to Honda India, for its agility in giving Amaze.

Used diesel and new petrol were in fashion untill now, but with diesel/ CNG/ LPG prices getting aligned with market, a new opportunity will arise.
Old 4th December 2013, 15:06   #4312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
After our beloved P Chidambaram decided to tax every moving part of a vehicle, including taxing a car which has high ground clearance to clear our pristine roads, car prices have rocketed north even though no one wants to buy a new car. ?
Now that's a masterstroke, I must admit. If you cannot decongest the roads, tax them so high that less people buy it. Its the same thing in Singapore, where unbelievable taxes apply. What Mr. PC forgot is that Singapore has one of the best public transports in the world, and our roads demand higher ground clearence due to govt. apathy. Its double monopoly by the govt. CCI or SC should do something about it - either improve roads, or reduce taxes on cars with high GC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Artagnan View Post
A layman will just look at his pocket and wonder what in the world,salary when will you mature? Now even owning a car has become an expensive affair. Buses taxis and various means of transport will become expensive to use and people will be wondering, hang on a minute it was utopia back in 2004-2009 what in the world went wrong?
PC has got it all wrong. When we need to reduce taxes on home produce, we are increasing them and shooting on our own foot. Yes, CKD tax is also increased, but the point remains that with more tax comes less investment, and hence less exports. It's simple maths, eh!
Old 4th December 2013, 15:35   #4313
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinukm View Post
Any clues on what would be the surprise gifts?

Ford announced the following as December gifts. only on Dec5th till midnight.

A) 32" LED TV
B) 21lts Mircowave
c) Single door 165lts Refrigerator
D) Semi-Automatic Washing Machine

And there is a * meant in the message (i.e.) Not for Ecosport

Last edited by trtraj : 4th December 2013 at 15:37.
trtraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2013, 18:16   #4314
BHPian

Anyone aware of any good deals being offered on the Volvo XC60?
Old 4th December 2013, 20:03   #4315
BHPian

Honda is planning for an upward revision of the prices from January-2014.

"We are looking to hike prices from the beginning of January. The price hike will be across our entire model range comprising Amaze, Brio, CR-V and Accord," Honda Cars India senior vice president Jnaneshwar Sen told PTI on Wednesday.

As usual, the blame goes to exchange rate and inflation. By the way I have doubt, aren't the condition of Rupee and inflation getting better now?

Source:- NDTV
Old 4th December 2013, 22:39   #4316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
IS this for the new 177 bhp version or the old engine stock?
Yes. It is the 177 bhp premium plus. We tried for a same deal from the dealer for metallic grey colour. He is refusing to give similar discount now. But better to try last week of December. Apparently they have month end sales pressure so they give out discounts out of desperation once in a while. This may not be a standard offer through the year / month. My friend told me that in true Audi style they offered this deal assuming he is a non serious buyer. He was bargaining with them for about a month for this deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Thats an awesome deal. When I enquired last, they were offering just 1.25 lakh cash discount plus 1l subvention in loan.

Can you ask your friend to please share the price breakup?
Hi, I don't know how this exactly works but he got a bill for 37 Lakhs otr price including insurance, registration and taxes. He was given a 5 Lakh refund as some form of a credit note as they did not want to issue a official bill of 32 Lakhs. I shall check for the exact price break up and let you know.

Moderators I tried using the multi quote feature but could not make it work on my tablet. Sorry about the second post.

Last edited by aah78 : 5th December 2013 at 01:42. Reason: Posts merged.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2013, 01:24   #4317
BHPian

Skoda Rapid has an offer of 1 lac for petrol models and 70K for diesel models. This applies only to MY13 and MY14 has no offer as per my SA from Gurudev motors chennai.
Skoda India will have holiday offer (one year no EMI with bullet payment at end of tenure)
as Dec 2013 offer.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:28   #4318
BHPian

I am in the market for a small car and had asked a few dealers to send me quotes. Fiat is offering a 100k discount on the 90 HP according to the email I received today. If anyone was on the lookout for the 90HP model, this is probably a good time.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:41   #4319
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddychat View Post
I am in the market for a small car and had asked a few dealers to send me quotes. Fiat is offering a 100k discount on the 90 HP according to the email I received today. If anyone was on the lookout for the 90HP model, this is probably a good time.
Fiat has been offering such massive discounts to the tune of a Lac for quite sometime now. I feel this will further increase in the month of January in order to clear the old year's inventory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Yes. It is the 177 bhp premium plus. We tried for a same deal from the dealer for metallic grey colour. He is refusing to give similar discount now. But better to try last week of December. Apparently they have month end sales pressure so they give out discounts out of desperation once in a while. This may not be a standard offer through the year / month. My friend told me that in true Audi style they offered this deal assuming he is a non serious buyer. He was bargaining with them for about a month for this deal.
Please try and find out more details about the car. Its really hard to believe that they offered 5 L discount on an otherwise clean car. The Audi dealer in Delhi was not even marginally close to that figure even when he knew I was a serious buyer and had booked the 3 series and he wanted me to still switch my booking to Audi.

Last edited by drmohitg : 6th December 2013 at 15:43.
Old 6th December 2013, 15:49   #4320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Fiat has been offering such massive discounts to the tune of a Lac for quite sometime now. I feel this will further increase in the month of January in order to clear the old year's inventory.
I agree that they are trying to clear their inventory. From what I had normally seen in print advertisements, the figure they quoted on the Punto was to the tune of 60-65k.
The 100k on the 90 HP could be because this model hardly sells. Thought this was a good deal.Hence shared.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks