Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2013, 13:25   #4276

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
There is an advertisement in todays TOI-Pune for Vento. "Pay half. Enjoy full".
Offer details:
- Pay 50% and drive home a Vento.
- Pay nothing for the entire first year
- Pay the rest a year latet as one payment or easy EMIs over 3 years.
It says valid till 26th November.
Yeah, this is due to year ending closing soon and sluggish sales of 4-wheelers due to inflation scenario. More so, 2014 is expected to see many launches, which is also putting pressure to entice customers.
Old 26th November 2013, 19:41   #4277
BHPian

http://www.businesswireindia.com/Pre...sp?b2mid=37463 Link to Article

Quote:
Mr. Philipp von Sahr, President, BMW Group India said, "BMW is the strongest and the most trusted luxury automotive brand in India. We offer our customers exclusively authentic premium luxury products, which are differentiated by their emotional appeal, uncompromising engineering, innovative technology and outstanding quality. Premium is beyond mainstream. It sets the pace, demands the right ideas, fortitude and determination. At BMW Group, we believe that both profitability and growth are essential for a win-win situation at the end. We are making price decisions with all due care and consideration ensuring that they pay off in the long run."

To help customers drive away in their dream car before 1 January 2014, BMW Financial Services India and MINI Financial Services India will offer a range of convenient and customized financing solutions. BMW Financial Services India and MINI Financial Services India will also offer Lease for individuals and corporate customers along with insurance solutions through their cooperation partner in India.

It isn't a happy new year
Old 26th November 2013, 21:09   #4278
BHPian

re: The "NEW" Car Price Check Thread - Track Price Changes, Discounts, Offers & Deals

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I have NOT really come across any funding options by Maruti. So it's unlikely. They usually offer cash discount, exchange / loyalty bonus, accessories. Nothing on EMI if I am NOT wrong.

Since you are in Bangy, I strongly suggest you get a quote from each dealer and pitch them against each other aggressively. That way you can assure a slightly better deal always.
SNF, you misread my post I asked for the opposite, I'm actually asking for cash discounts as I'd not be buying the car on emi. I don't want to pitch dealers against each others as I assume the discounts among them will not vary much, maybe a few thousands in cash or accessories, rather buy from a dealer/showroom if any of them provide better service, which I'm also doubtful of.

The last time I checked the discount was 25000 from RNS, they said no extra cash discount, and few standard accessories.
TheDoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2013, 21:17   #4279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor View Post
....I don't want to pitch dealers against each others as I assume the discounts among them will not vary much, maybe a few thousands in cash or accessories, rather buy from a dealer/showroom if any of them provide better service, which I'm also doubtful of...
Buying a car and servicing a car need NOT be at the same dealer. Nobody would bother about that, except may be for the free services. So my choice will be like this - buy a car from one who gives me better quote; service the car with who gives me better service.

In Bangalore, I prefer / suggest Surakshaa @ Bommanahalli. I always had splendid experience there for service; awesome bunch of guys they are.

Quote:
... The last time I checked the discount was 25000 from RNS, they said no extra cash discount, and few standard accessories.
Everyone will try to downplay discounts; but if you do NOT want to pitch in dealers against each other, your choice. I suggest you atleast get quotes from each dealer to understand / confirm that there is no heavy variation.

Quote:
SNF, you misread my post I asked for the opposite, I'm actually asking for cash discounts as I'd not be buying the car on emi...
Sorry, somehow my mind was thinking of offers around EMI plans, like what VW has been offering.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 26th November 2013 at 21:19.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 14:16   #4280
BHPian

BMW to increase prices across the segments from 7 to 10% from 01.01.2014.
Guess it is due to the rupee weakening this year.

It's time for people like me who are sitting on the fence, to take a decision one way or other!

Source: http://overdrive.in/news/bmw-india-t...anuary-1-2014/
Old 27th November 2013, 21:38   #4281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

It's time for people like me who are sitting on the fence, to take a decision one way or other!

I doubt it's the rupee weakening. They already raised prices when that happened, and besides the rupee has since recovered.

To my mind, it's a smart strategy given the current levels of discounting. Jack up the prices and then offer the similar sort of discounts, so you sell cars at the original full price and thereby reduce the actual discount levels. Say a car costs 10 and you're currently offering 10% off so the customer is paying 9. Now if you raise the price to 12 and offer 10% off, the customer pays 10.8. This of course is my theorizing. Not sure why they're raising prices.
Old 27th November 2013, 22:32   #4282
BHPian

We've seen most manufacturers increasing their prices blaming the weak rupee. And thanks to P.C babu his tax schemes have increased the cost price of a vehicle significantly. Innova has a top variant priced at 15.xx lakhs and Fortuner at 24.xx prices respective to Bangalore only. If the rupee gains strength would manufacturers reduce the price or just continue with the same price? In a rational world they must reduce the price but don't know how they would react, they could increase the features and price it same or turn a blind eye and leave the price as it is.
Old 28th November 2013, 00:21   #4283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Yes, got the same news from SA at bird automotive today, when I was there for delivery of my friend's car. The prices would be effective from January 1, also he told there are slight chances that the discounts may be slightly more in December. If anyone is looking forward to get one, I would say get it asap.
Old 30th November 2013, 16:47   #4284
BHPian

I got the following quote for Hyundai i20 from DSC hyundai at Chennai,

Petrol 1.2 Sportz- 6,90,652
Exchange Bonus- 20,000
Cash discount- 15,000
Corporate discount - 3000

They offered 1.7 Lakhs for the current car, 2008 Santro xing GL(14k run) 2nd owner. Also the sales guy said he can offer additional cash discount of 10K.

Is this a good deal ?
Old 30th November 2013, 17:22   #4285
BHPian

Hi, A friend of mine got an Audi a4 premium plus from Audi navi Mumbai at on road price of inr 32 Lakhs with mh04 thane registration. He managed to drive a hard bargain and closed the deal when they were desperate to sell during november'13 month end. He chose a metallic grey colour car instead of the White colour on which the dealer was not ready to offer discount.

There could be good discounts in December.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2013, 19:07   #4286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Hi, A friend of mine got an Audi a4 premium plus from Audi navi Mumbai at on road price of inr 32 Lakhs with mh04 thane registration. He managed to drive a hard bargain and closed the deal when they were desperate to sell during november'13 month end. He chose a metallic grey colour car instead of the White colour on which the dealer was not ready to offer discount.

Thats an awesome deal. When I enquired last, they were offering just 1.25 lakh cash discount plus 1l subvention in loan.

Can you ask your friend to please share the price breakup?
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:29   #4287
Distinguished - BHPian

Carmakers like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota, General Motors and others to
increase prices in January 2014.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/26708718.cms
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:53   #4288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post

I am not sure if that is the correct model that you mentioned. AFAIK the premium plus was available for around 38-39 L OTR and a discount of 7-8L is unheard off on this car. The Delhi dealers were not ready to offer anything beyond 2-3L. So either the variant is wrong or there is some other catch in the deal. Please check and let us know. Otherwise this is one hell of a deal.
Old 2nd December 2013, 09:45   #4289
Senior - BHPian

Guys,
Anyone aware of the deals going on for Brio. We are planning to upgrade our 6 yr old wagon r. We considered i10 grand and polo but its going to be used by mom mainly and she found polo a little heavy and she wasnt comfortable using the start stop button in the Grand i10.

So we narrowed it down to Brio. Planning to take her for a test drive this week. Been offered 1.75L for my 37k kms done 2007 wagon r. Which I guess is a fair deal.

Regards,
Old 2nd December 2013, 11:52   #4290
Senior - BHPian

h@r$h@l
If it just for the start stop button, suggest you to reconsider the Grand. Its a much better vehicle overall. The price difference is too small (<15-20k) for models with comparable features.

The comfort, interiors, space, build quality, features, looks are way better. Brio only drives faster and maybe a 0.5-1 kmpl max FE advantage.

And if you still insist, the disocunts on the Brio models settle for 20-25k on the table. Brio is a slow moving product and Honda actually does not care as long the higher margin earning Amaze keeps doing well. They are just ensuring that Brio as a model stays alive to retain their presence in the hatchback segment.
dipen is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed