I will remove it before the deadline (from a shop) 73 8.99%
I will ground my car and wait & watch for the order to change 375 46.18%
Mine are factory fitted and I can't remove them 39 4.80%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 17:23   #316
Team-BHP Support

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

Madiwala cops were pulling cars with sunfilm last saturday in front of the station / mall. So some actions have been happening in BLR roads.
Old 5th July 2012, 22:46   #317
BHPian

re: Your reaction to the Sun Film Verdict? EDIT - Ban in effect post 25th July judgement

I have not been caught yet, have been roaming around in my vehicle with some dark tints (not very dark though), you can peek inside from 2 feet and see a lot.

I have been roaming inside the main bangalore city as well. I have decided to remove it the day the cops catch me. I simply cannot see my 17k spent on the film go to dust.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:01   #318
Senior - BHPian

I am very lucky that all my three cars are still sporting sun films.

But looks like Delhi Traffic Police is back in full action to challan/remove sunfilms on the spot.

There were over 3 check spots on the ring road from Sarojini nagar to Wazirpur. Teams are also deployed at Rohini sector 9/sector 11 check post.

Other areas where I spotted barricading in last few days include Civil Lines, Dhaula Kuan, Geeta Colony and Dwarka.

Let' see for how long luck saves my car's sunfilms!
Old 5th July 2012, 23:18   #319
BHPian

Cops pulled up one of my friends family at Kochi yesterday. Rs 300 fine and Rs 300 for removal. They were not letting the car without taking of the film in front of their eyes. There was a long queue and the family had to wait long before there turn or ripping came.The cops had their own guys to remove the film.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:26   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
I am very lucky that all my three cars are still sporting sun films.

But looks like Delhi Traffic Police is back in full action to challan/remove sunfilms on the spot.

There were over 3 check spots on the ring road from Sarojini nagar to Wazirpur. Teams are also deployed at Rohini sector 9/sector 11 check post.

Other areas where I spotted barricading in last few days include Civil Lines, Dhaula Kuan, Geeta Colony and Dwarka.

Let' see for how long luck saves my car's sunfilms!
Be more careful in Dwarka, specially near sec-6,10,9. Even, I used to feel lucky to sport sun films, But got a challan few weeks back, along with on the spot removal of film at Sec-6, Dwarka

Cheers,
Sameer

Last edited by sameerg001 : 5th July 2012 at 23:29.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:31   #321
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I went to the recently opened V-Kool dealer near my house to check the prices. The dealer informed that they are currently not installing the films and also advising the customers against it and maintaining a list of the customers for whom installation would be done after the review petition, and told that 19th is the important date.
He was kind of confident that something favourable would come out of it.
PS: My car is already having 3M films and in Goa I haven't come across any drive whatsoever against Sun control films since the court verdict.

Last edited by carwatcher : 5th July 2012 at 23:34.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:53   #322
Senior - BHPian

I still see many car on bangalore roads with sunfilms, a lot of them with totally black one's. Looks like this has gone the seatbelt way with the cops not being too bothered to fine the offenders.

Will have to wait and see if the review petition filed, makes us all who took the sunfilm off regret it.
Old 5th July 2012, 23:55   #323
Senior - BHPian

yesterday when i was returning home i noticed cops visually checking for tinted cars before the ECity toll gate. they checked mine too. i did also noticed few cars having their tints being removed at the spot.
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 00:47   #324
BHPian

In a tropical country such as ours, is this a great rule? Of course , pls ban the too dark films. Please allow a leeway for the private or non commercial vehicles.
Old 6th July 2012, 06:27   #325
BHPian

There were cars stopped at Hebbal. At least one of them had sun film. Not sure why they were stopped though. This is towards the left turn to outer ring road.
Old 6th July 2012, 11:43   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
Cops pulled up one of my friends family at Kochi yesterday. Rs 300 fine and Rs 300 for removal. They were not letting the car without taking of the film in front of their eyes. There was a long queue and the family had to wait long before there turn or ripping came.The cops had their own guys to remove the film.
Where did this happen? I was caught near Kaloor last week. No fine but asked me to remove the films and take the vehicle to the police station for verification.
Old 6th July 2012, 13:12   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwatcher View Post
would be done after the review petition, and told that 19th is the important date.
Was under the impression that the review data is 9th July and not 19th July. Can anybody confirm ?
Old 6th July 2012, 14:10   #328
BHPian

I had my sunfilm removed on the deadline date. Even since, I feel frustrated everytime I see a car with very dark (black) film driving slowly infront of a policeman.
However, one friend of mine had his car photo taken and was fined Rs.100. There was no other violation other than his dark tint. He was not stopped.
Old 7th July 2012, 04:51   #329
BHPian

In Bangalore, the cops are concentrating on the IT corridor for 'cars' with sun film. Popular stretches are entry/exit to and from EC, Sarjapur road and in front of Cisco. I say 'cars' because a few days ago I saw a mini bus attached to Infants speeding with jet black windows and the cops turned a blind eye. As far as down town is concerned, cops don't seem to acknowledge any of the traffic rules apart from that new 'cone lane forced discipline' they have introduced. I don't think we Indian drivers will ever get the hang of sticking to your lane driving.

My TN registered Zen continues to run happily around town with tints on all sides. Made a trip to Mysore too. It's peaceful in KA overall compared to other states it appears. Me like it a lot!

Cheers!
Rohan
Old 8th July 2012, 14:47   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Was under the impression that the review data is 9th July and not 19th July. Can anybody confirm ?
If I remember correctly its 9th July. 19th July is too far off and I would have to get the films removed to avoid any fines as I can't keep dragging my feet too long .
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks