Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2015, 15:30   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Spotted heavily camouflaged hatchback - any idea what is this?

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd January 2015 at 16:06.
agbenny is offline   Received Infraction
Old 23rd January 2015, 23:46   #227
Senior - BHPian

Another sub 4m SUV coming soon

Hey Folks,

Recently I came across this camouflaged SUV in Chennai on my way to the airport. Couldn't tell what brand it was. Interiors were fairly stripped down without any dashboard from what I could tell from far. Any clue which one it is?

Mods, feel free to club this with another existing thread. I came across some pretty old ones.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150122_165143_2.jpg
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150122_165203_2.jpg
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 15:24   #228
BHPian

Re: Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted

The pic with ritz in the background gives a fair idea of the stance of this vehicle. I am looking for an upgrade from my ritz diesel in the next 6 months or so. I started doing the test drives of everything from a polo/punto to a verna/vento, but somehow i just cannot now live with the low seating position. I felt really uncomfortable. I understand its a matter of getting used to it, but still i do not wish to give up on the high seating position and a great road view. Thus, I am absolutely seriously considering the S101. I have loved the rendered images. I am only hoping that there wont be huge niggles as in technical or electrical part failures. Do we really have any precise inputs about its launch?
Old 3rd February 2015, 17:41   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
The pic with ritz in the background gives a fair idea of the stance of this vehicle. I am looking for an upgrade from my ritz diesel in the next 6 months or so. I started doing the test drives of everything from a polo/punto to a verna/vento, but somehow i just cannot now live with the low seating position. I felt really uncomfortable. I understand its a matter of getting used to it, but still i do not wish to give up on the high seating position and a great road view. Thus, I am absolutely seriously considering the S101. I have loved the rendered images. I am only hoping that there wont be huge niggles as in technical or electrical part failures. Do we really have any precise inputs about its launch?
It was really composed on the highway. I was keeping just ahead of the car and taking a few snaps and he kept trying to get ahead of my Vento. Once a few other vehicles came into the picture, I let him go. The car took curves at 3 digit speeds and looked good while at it. I was almost sure it would be the ix25 or some other Chennai manufactured car. It was pretty tall too, from the vento.
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:11   #230
Team-BHP Support

Somehow still not getting convinced on the shape of this product. It still feels closer to Quanto based on the height. I feel rear passenger may not be very comfortable during a long drive.
Old 3rd February 2015, 18:53   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Somehow still not getting convinced on the shape of this product. It still feels closer to Quanto based on the height. I feel rear passenger may not be very comfortable during a long drive.
Just my thoughts.

Isn't it taller than the beige Santro in the first picture above? And going by the other picture, the co-passenger sits way lower to the floor? However, that need not imply leg space and under thigh support, right?

But can it be called a mini-SUV, like an Ecosport, I guess not. Either way, this is good camouflage.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2015, 21:32   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Just my thoughts.

Isn't it taller than the beige Santro in the first picture above? And going by the other picture, the co-passenger sits way lower to the floor? However, that need not imply leg space and under thigh support, right?

But can it be called a mini-SUV, like an Ecosport, I guess not. Either way, this is good camouflage.
Good point. Though it seems taller, the floor seems lower, implying lower seating. Need to wait and watch!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2015, 11:24   #233
BANNED

Re: Rumour: Tata Motors to launch performance brand. 120 BHP Bolt coming

Yesterday saw this car with MH registration.Might be Tata car
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimoo View Post
Great news, guys! Looks like Tata motors will be launching India's first real hot hatch! Expected to come with wide bodywork, 17in wheels and 1.2 Revotron pumping 120bhp. Check out the news article below. I am very excited!

I vaguely remember reading about a performance brand during the Tata Expo, but looks like they are finally launching in Geneva.

http://indianautosblog.com/2015/02/t...-geneva-169736
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_20150303_163450_0.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_20150303_163518_0.jpg  

balechaparka is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 09:25   #234
Distinguished - BHPian

Today got some more pics of the S101 test vehicle. it was driven on the Hosur road near Electronic city in Bangalore
Important to note is the rear door handle similar to that of the Chevrolet Beat.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150319_075303.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150319_075421.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150319_075432.jpg

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-20150319_075638.jpg

I was sleeping in my company cab and when I got up, I saw this on my left and the first thing I saw was the door handle.
For a second I thought Chevrolet are developing a CUV based on Beat
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th March 2015, 13:41   #235
BHPian

I was hoping to see twin barrel headlights as standard across all variants in the S101 platform. From the pictures posted by Hemanth, I don't think twin barrel headlights may be the case for all variants and we might see a single form headlight cluster for certain variants.
Old 25th March 2015, 17:01   #236
Team-BHP Support

Here's another image of the interiors of the S101.

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-s101.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News Article

Image: Autocar India
Aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 17:26   #237
Senior - BHPian

Why all those control knobs are aligned to left?
Old 25th March 2015, 17:53   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I think there is a gear lever next to it integrated into the dash (ala the i10 and Celerio). I don't think too highly of the knobs aligned to the left either.
nishsingh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2015, 09:59   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishsingh View Post
I think there is a gear lever next to it integrated into the dash (ala the i10 and Celerio). I don't think too highly of the knobs aligned to the left either.
S101 is designed to be a 6 seater (more like 5 and a child). The front row has integrated seats like the Datsun Go+. So to make space for the 6th passenger, the gear lever is moved on to the dash.

I hope they offer the normal 5 seater (bucket seats in front) as an option atleast.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2015, 17:52   #240
BHPian

Renault Pulse Upgrade or a New Offering

An Upgraded Pulse in the Making or a New Offering from Renault?

I had wound up in Trichy after five years of living in the centre of Tamil Nadu and was moving to Chennai with my family when I spotted a car camouflaged being driven ahead of me.

My excitement knew no bounds as I had my D550 with me and knew that I would be able to take a few pics for the dissection of members in our forum. I am not sure if pics of this model has been posted earlier.

MODS: Please merge this thread if there is one existing as I couldn't find one in my search.

The car was driven in the stretch between Ulundurpet and Tindivanam on the National Highway. It was driven by an expert driver who was mainting speeds of 110-120 and really took of when he saw that I was taking photos. No, I was not driving and was able to take some decent photos.

A few things that I noticed:
* Tail Lights were twin coin sized on either side.
* Indicator was a rectangular strip.
* Both probably LED's
* Front had a Renault type logo in the front. I could be wrong as it was a fleeting glance at one of the tolls.

Interestingly the test drive cars have a understanding with the tolls as they are not stopped for paying the toll and are cleared immediately.

Now I will let the pictures do the talking:
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5654.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5655.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5657.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5658.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5659.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5660.jpg  

Scoop Pic! Mahindra's S101 Mini-SUV spotted-img_5661.jpg  

ksmrsm is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed