Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2013, 15:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

re: Confirmed: 2014 Honda City to be unveiled in November 2013

Doesnt anyone find this strange. The New City will be unveiled next month in Japan and not a single prototype has been spied? Really strange.
Any ''to be launched car'' is spied at least 6 months before it is launched.
I find it extremely difficult to believe that the new City is just 3 months away in India.
Old 14th October 2013, 16:16   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Doesnt anyone find this strange. The New City will be unveiled next month in Japan and not a single prototype has been spied? Really strange.
I find it extremely difficult to believe that the new City is just 3 months away in India.
I agree that it is very strange indeed that no one has spotted even a diesel Honda City anywhere which will be launched in Japan next month and India in maybe 3 months. I believe that an expert can easily figure out even if a prototype exactly similar to existing model has a diesel engine under the hood.
Old 14th October 2013, 19:13   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Quite strange but not necessary that every to be launched car will be spied. May be this time Honda people are taking every possible precautions to keep the car away from spying eyes err Team-BHPians

PS - In 2008, a Team-BHPian spotted the i-VTEC city two-three months back before it was launched.
Old 14th October 2013, 19:14   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor18 View Post
I agree that it is very strange indeed that no one has spotted even a diesel Honda City anywhere which will be launched in Japan next month and India in maybe 3 months. I believe that an expert can easily figure out even if a prototype exactly similar to existing model has a diesel engine under the hood.
It is highly unlikely that the same current model will be plonked with a Diesel engine, because if that would have been the case the current gen petrol production would not have been stopped.
Old 14th October 2013, 20:38   #80
BHPian

Could they be launching Honda Crider as the next gen City in India ?
Old 14th October 2013, 20:42   #81
Senior - BHPian

Just wondering what would be the potential segment that Honda is planning to target with the new City '14. The amaze has almost replaced the City in the C segment.
Old 14th October 2013, 22:18   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Just wondering what would be the potential segment that Honda is planning to target with the new City '14. The amaze has almost replaced the City in the C segment.
I don't think Amaze can replace City. Amaze is selling now because it is the only Honda offered in diesel. Amaze is basically targeting likes of Maruti Dzire only.

But the day when Honda will launch City in diesel, things will change. People will be happy to spend couple of lakhs more to get a more premium package. New City will target C segment only IMHO. After all it was, it is and it will be the king of c segment for obvious reasons.
bluevolt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2013, 22:34   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Quite strange but not necessary that every to be launched car will be spied. May be this time Honda people are taking every possible precautions to keep the car away from spying eyes err Team-BHPians

PS - In 2008, a Team-BHPian spotted the i-VTEC city two-three months back before it was launched.
Yes that is true. I remember i was on the forum the day a fellow bhpian spied it and i was so excited !
Being a very important launch in Thailand and Malaysia, i would have imagined that it would have been spied in those markets as they are obsessed with the City.
Old 16th October 2013, 21:32   #84

I don't know how relevant this info can be but I was going for a lease car with the options of City or Linea T-Jet. The lease company has sent the quotes for T-Jet but they said that Honda is likely to have the new City by Jan / Feb so it is not available! If one was to go by them, it could mean that City is indeed nearing it's announcement and the face lift of T-Jet is still some distance away.
Old 17th October 2013, 09:20   #85
BHPian

Honda City 2014 launch in Dec or Jan more or less seems to be certain going by all the above posts. What I am curious about is will there a Diesel version at the time of launch ?
Old 17th October 2013, 09:24   #86
BANNED

I will not be surprised if the 1.5 (as in Amaze) surfaces with a VGT which should be good for about 125-130 ponies. Also, they can even revert to the overseas spec 1.6!
Old 17th October 2013, 09:28   #87
Senior - BHPian

No dealership in Mumbai has the below in stock
- Corporate edition. No bookings accepted.
- AT models. Bookings accepted very hesitantly (on pestering) not but no assurance on delivery. But I beleive they would accept booking and later get it converted to other variant.

All are trying to push only existing E, S and V MTs in stock. Discounts in the range of 30k over the phone. Most cliam that there is no schedule given by Honda on ATs but claim that a specific color not in stock (E,S,V) could be arranged as Honda would have them in stock and would be able to dispatch.
Old 17th October 2013, 10:45   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
Honda City 2014 launch in Dec or Jan more or less seems to be certain going by all the above posts. What I am curious about is will there a Diesel version at the time of launch ?
Honda City 2014 launch is early 2014 in both petrol and diesel is almost certain (Confirmed by Jnaneswar Sen in Business Standard). What I am curious about where is the i-DTEC test vehicle?
Old 17th October 2013, 10:54   #89
BHPian

I had written to Honda regarding City VAT sunroof model when an online feedback form was made available to me when I had purchased a Brio Vx AT recently. Honda customer care then told me that the City Diesel will be launched in January 13 but there will be no change in model.

However I doubt there will be no model change as such since only a few variants like S, E etc are being pushed by the dealers even though all variants listed under their website are said to be actively sold by their customer care. They might be finishing off their old inventory since once the Diesel is launched there would be few takers for the petrol city!!
Old 17th October 2013, 11:03   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by microaubin View Post
I had written to Honda regarding City VAT sunroof model when an online feedback form was made available to me when I had purchased a Brio Vx AT recently. Honda customer care then told me that the City Diesel will be launched in January 13 but there will be no change in model.

However I doubt there will be no model change as such since only a few variants like S, E etc are being pushed by the dealers even though all variants listed under their website are said to be actively sold by their customer care. They might be finishing off their old inventory since once the Diesel is launched there would be few takers for the petrol city!!
Once of the alleged reasons the City diesel is delayed is because it is not worth the money, time and effort to shoe-horn the diesel engine into the current model with the new model so close to launch. If Honda wanted a diesel variant for the current generation City, they would have done it long ago. They needn't have spent close to two years in wilderness

Last edited by KINI : 17th October 2013 at 11:04.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks