Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 23:31   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Information regarding the elusive Figo Trend+ variant from my sources.

For the 25,000 rupees extra you pay over the regular Trend variant, you get:

- All 4 alloy wheels,
- Front fog lamps, and
- Chrome door handles.

No ABS in the Trend+, as was speculated earlier.
I was told by the sales staff that the difference is 4 alloy wheels and chrome on the front grill.
Old 27th September 2015, 08:12   #467
BHPian

The Figo looks stunning in the shade as shown in this video. It almost tempts me to go pick one up!

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 08:30   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
And there are subtle changes to the bumper as well which makes the Figo look better when compared to the Aspire.
One would think the Aston inspired grille on the Fiesta, Aspire and Figo are the exact same. But they aren't. Subtle differences in a very familiar design which is now becoming a trademark Ford thingy. If one doesn't own any of these vehicles, it will mostly look all the same.

This is the Aspire. The horizontal slants go inside too early and a bit too much.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-img_20150926_110204471.jpg

Figo: The horizontal slants extended on the same plane almost till the edge of the grille.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-img_20150926_110220994.jpg

Fiesta: Those slants go all the way till the edge. The shape of the grille is also a bit different.
The next-gen 2015 Ford Figo. EDIT: Now launched-fordfiestafacelift10-1.jpg

PS: Spare me, its a Sunday
deetjohn is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 10:17   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
PS: Spare me, its a Sunday
You have got an excellent sense of humor sir.
In fact on other Fords too, the very same grill with slight changes can be seen. When I was in US 4 months back, the Focus, the Fusion looked just irresistable. In fact I wonder what damages could the Focus do to the likes of Cruze/Elantra and the Fusion to Octavia/Jetta. Wiki: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Fusion_(Americas)

Sorry for going too much OT
Old 27th September 2015, 13:30   #470
BHPian

Hi Guys

This car comes with 60:40 split seats ? Atleast in Trend variant ?
Old 27th September 2015, 13:44   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
No ABS in the Trend+, as was speculated earlier.
That is disappointing. Even though I appreciate Ford giving 2 airbags from Ambiente, the top Titanium is still the way to go to get ABS and 2 airbags, which are like the minimum safety requirements.

In that sense, Bolt XMS still seems to be the best VFM option especially with the petrol. Thrown in the discount package and the deal becomes sweeter.
Old 27th September 2015, 15:05   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredliner View Post
That is disappointing. Even though I appreciate Ford giving 2 airbags from Ambiente, the top Titanium is still the way to go to get ABS and 2 airbags, which are like the minimum safety requirements.

In that sense, Bolt XMS still seems to be the best VFM option especially with the petrol. Thrown in the discount package and the deal becomes sweeter.
The problem with the Bolt is the 75 bhp tune on the diesel vs the 90hp on the zest. The rear of the car is still a contraption especially when you consider the mature looking and more cohesive rear of the Figo. It looks like someone chopped the rear of the Bolt.

The Zest XMS though is a better buy than the Aspire Titanium.
Old 27th September 2015, 16:39   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
The problem with the Bolt is the 75 bhp tune on the diesel vs the 90hp on the zest. The rear of the car is still a contraption especially when you consider the mature looking and more cohesive rear of the Figo. It looks like someone chopped the rear of the Bolt.

The Zest XMS though is a better buy than the Aspire Titanium.
I mainly considered the Bolt in terms of hatch vs hatch comparison, but yes, Zest is much more VFM, esp wrt diesel.
I disagree about the looks of the Bolt. Even though it isn't as good looking as the Figo, IMO, it is very well proportioned and looks neat. The Indica eggshell is the only drawback. (The XT especially looks great in flesh with projectors, smoked headlamps, gunmetal alloys, high quality paint etc.)
One important thing is that the Bolt is heavily and solidly built. The interior also appears to be a notch ahead of the Figo.
The mass-marketization of Figo in terms of build, driving dynamics etc. bring it a notch down unfortunately.

Last edited by theredliner : 27th September 2015 at 16:43.
theredliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 16:46   #474
BHPian

Quote:
I mainly considered the Bolt in terms of hatch vs hatch comparison, but yes, Zest is much more VFM, esp wrt diesel.
I disagree about the looks of the Bolt. Even though it isn't as good looking as the Figo, IMO, it is very well proportioned and looks neat. The Indica eggshell is the only drawback. (The XT especially looks great in flesh with projectors, smoked headlamps, gunmetal alloys, high quality paint etc.)
One important thing is that the Bolt is heavily and solidly built. The interior also appears to be a notch ahead of the Figo.
I checked out the Bolt along with a cousin who was looking for a car, it didn't feel hefty compared to the current Figo I have. But I had test driven the Punto Evo on the same day that I drove the Bolt. Probably that clouded my judgement.

The Punto Evo's build is too good to believe for a car costing 7.3 lakhs. It even had rear ac vents added compared to the previous punto. The interior was quite good as well, felt as premium as the Aspire.

Last edited by Ragavsr : 27th September 2015 at 16:48.
Ragavsr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 16:49   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
I checked out the Bolt along with a cousin who was looking for a car, it didn't feel hefty compared to the current Figo I have. But I had test driven the Punto Evo on the same day that I drove the Bolt. Probably that clouded my judgement.
I haven't checked the new Figo in person, so I have got to take your word. It's probably not as flimsy as the reviews call it out to be

PS I really like the interiors of Punto Evo, esp. the all black one in 90 HP. It isn't in-your-face like in Hyundais. But it is very classy.

Last edited by theredliner : 27th September 2015 at 16:51.
Old 27th September 2015, 16:59   #476
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't checked the new Figo in person, so I have got to take your word. It's probably not as flimsy as the reviews call it out to be

PS I really like the interiors of Punto Evo, esp. the all black one in 90 HP. It isn't in-your-face like in Hyundais. But it is very classy.
The Figo I have is the old one. I did checkout the Aspire, its was not that bad. Par for the course but definitely no where near the Punto . The new Figo should be similar.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 20:29   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
The RTO/Registration charges in Bangalore is almost double to that in Kerala.

This thought is absolutely putting me into a depression. One country and so much differentiation :(

Anyone got the breakup of the RTO charges? It looks extremely inflated for a sub 4m hatch. This amount doesn't include anything else.
Old 27th September 2015, 23:50   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amvj View Post
Hi Guys

This car comes with 60:40 split seats ? Atleast in Trend variant ?
It's not a 60:40 split seat, but yes all Figo variants do come with a 100% fold flat rear seats. I did check it in person myself but yes the bump is pretty obvious though where the seat folds.
Old 27th September 2015, 23:55   #479
Distinguished - BHPian

went to Elite ford to check the figo, beautiful car!! Wife kept going toward ecosport, but since this will be our second car and mainly required for city driving, she will come around. I anyway plan to pass this to her when i eventually upgrade from my city.

The waiting period as per elite ford for AT is 2-3 months, also no TD vehicle or display vehicle with them yet. They are expecting the Display vehicle to come by next weekend.

They offered me a TD for aspire, but i would really want to TD the car i want to buy even though the aspire will pretty much give me the same dynamics and experience.

Also since they are saying 2-3 months and we are almost at October i think personally probably it makes more sense to book the car around diwali that way i will get a 2016 model. Since this is going to be the second car i can easily wait.

Ques: Can i expect atleast a 15kmpl from AT with AC always on in Bangalore traffic condition.

Last edited by AtheK : 27th September 2015 at 23:56.
Old 28th September 2015, 00:06   #480

Guys, I was inquiring the prices at various dealerships for the AT variant, and each one of them came up with the exact same figure of 8.45L (on road Mumbai). Everyone said that the price list comes straight from Ford. One dealership revealed that the price list comes from a single source and that is why it is the same everywhere. Is it just me or is it not illegal and akin to cartelization?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks