Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 18:23   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_factor View Post
I could have escalated this to the top guys but my relative was now disgusted and decided not to pursue any further. He was already dreaming of owning the Storme and this left him bitter...
Just because of one inefficient sales guy you went to buy car with many problems and issues. In my opinion, rather waiting for doorstep Test Drive session you could have went to dealership for live experience of Storme. We must think that we are staying in India and here sales and other experience majority of time below par due to underperformed sales staff. This should not be execuse for not to buy any product.

Anyway, in your case I think you had already made up your mind of XUV so you went for it.

Storme is pretty refined car with much better stability than XUV and Ride Quality with oodles of space. There is no doubt about it.
anujmishra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2014, 19:53   #287
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Just because of one inefficient sales guy you went to buy car with many problems and issues.
Very true. I don't understand why people would buy a car based on the sales guy. Most auto sales reps are underpaid low morale types. More important to select the car based on your needs/tastes rather than let a sales rep decide your choice.
4x4addict is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2014, 17:05   #288
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smekad View Post
Not sure if ARIA is niggle free. I have heard many in this forum itself complaining about major issues.
It really is pretty robust and niggle free. The first launch version had problems reported by users. But over the years they were ironed out and the latest one is pretty trouble free.

Quote:
Is it that there are so few owners that we do not hear much about it..or is it that TML has really improved the vehicle on all counts?
Both...
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 12:21   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
My actual draw in the awaited vehicle is actually the front facing 3rd row. With the kids growing up the usefulness of the jump seats was on a decline with my 2.2 Dicor and this seat config will give us is the future proofing we need.

All said, its a shame that customers like us who are mentally decided on what they wish to buy but are being tested by TATA by not giving any clear view of what's in store and when. In contrast there was such a wonderful build up in the Mahindra camp for the latest Scorpio launch. There's a lot outside of the actual product that the TATA team needs to improve on!!
No update from TATA on the Storme , so here is the update on my side - I have booked the 2WD Fortuner and have been told that the expected delivery will be around Feb end'2015 (I told them I want to vehicle manufactured in 2015).

Honestly I am not very happy with this decision, I still feel that Toyota Fortuner is so under speced w.r.t. its price and the competition (missing stuff like GPS and other gizmos).

I do hope that there is news of the STORME sometime early next year such that I have al alternate to evaluate.
Old 9th December 2014, 12:45   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have booked the 2WD Fortuner and have been told that the expected delivery will be around Feb end'2015 (I told them I want to vehicle manufactured in 2015).

Honestly I am not very happy with this decision.
Xbox - I can Understand where you are coming from. But also wondering if you gave a look to the Pajero Sport viz a viz the Fortuner that you booked. I am not trying to suggest the Pajero Sport, but was keen to know if you did a TD and what you thought between the Fortuner and the PS. Asking this because you mention you aren't happy with your decision of booking the Fortuner.
Old 9th December 2014, 13:22   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Xbox - I can Understand where you are coming from. But also wondering if you gave a look to the Pajero Sport viz a viz the Fortuner that you booked. I am not trying to suggest the Pajero Sport, but was keen to know if you did a TD and what you thought between the Fortuner and the PS. Asking this because you mention you aren't happy with your decision of booking the Fortuner.
Hey JK. I actually did not take a TD of the Pajero Sport. From what I have read I know its a v.good vehicle both in terms of performance and also the quality and quantity of interiors and gizmos. My main concern with this vehicle is the brand. I do not know what their long term strategy in India is and knowing me I know this aspect will bug me for as long as I keep the vehicle.
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 14:02   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
How is it to drive Aria (in terms of pottering around with a vehicle of that size) for daily commute?
I do close to 50kms everyday (for the last few years) between CBD and outskirts of Bangalore and it is not at all a problem. In fact the driving position of Aria provides an advantage in terms of visibility and the vehicle is surprisingly easy to manage in crowded narrow streets as long as one doesn't need to make a U-turn in them.
LobsterB is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 14:51   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
news of the STORME sometime early next year such that I have al alternate to evaluate.
If the main feature you are waiting for is front facing 3rd row ( like I too fancied during the pre purchase phase ) I would recommend not considering the Storme. If you take a good look at the Storme's 3rd row area you will notice how uncomfortable front facing seats would be ! The curvaceous design and the high floor mean those seats would have to be placed very low to accomodate even short individuals. The current body shell of the Storme is made to be a comfortable 5 seater only with side facing seats at best for very short drives
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 15:02   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If the main feature you are waiting for is front facing 3rd row ( like I too fancied during the pre purchase phase ) I would recommend not considering the Storme. If you take a good look at the Storme's 3rd row area you will notice how uncomfortable front facing seats would be ! The curvaceous design and the high floor mean those seats would have to be placed very low to accomodate even short individuals. The current body shell of the Storme is made to be a comfortable 5 seater only with side facing seats at best for very short drives
Narayan, my logic was that if they can squeeze in a 3rd row in the likes of Ertiga, Mobilio and the other much smaller dimensioned vehicles I have some hope from what they could extract in the STORME.

That said, there is a huge price gap between the STORME and the Fortuner and I can think of n things to do with the possible savings. Hence I do hope that they whip up a Storm(e) with the new vehicle and help me save a Fortune(r)
Old 9th December 2014, 23:01   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Narayan, my logic was that if they can squeeze in a 3rd row in the likes of Ertiga, Mobilio and the other much smaller dimensioned vehicles I have some hope from what they could extract in the STORME.

That said, there is a huge price gap between the STORME and the Fortuner and I can think of n things to do with the possible savings. Hence I do hope that they whip up a Storm(e) with the new vehicle and help me save a Fortune(r)
I love storme myself but since you do have fortuner in consideration which costs almost 10 lacs over storme. Storme vx costs you 15 big ones OTR, how about investing another 5 lacs and taking a look at the new about to be launched ford endeavour which is Gorgeous to look at (check out the pics, specifications and reviews ), is a genuine 7 seater, not bumpy like fortuner, leaves sufficient space even with all three rows up and has got a very upmarket interior. Ford is planning to price it aggressively on the lines of ecosport and will cost 18 lacs for the 2.2 engine. You will still end up saving half of what you would have, if you had gone for storme and you can think of ( N divided by 2 ) things to do with the possible savings
Old 9th December 2014, 23:22   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I love storme myself but since you do have fortuner in consideration which costs almost 10 lacs over storme. Storme vx costs you 15 big ones OTR, how about investing another 5 lacs and taking a look at the new about to be launched ford endeavour which is Gorgeous to look at (check out the pics, specifications and reviews ), is a genuine 7 seater, not bumpy like fortuner, leaves sufficient space even with all three rows up and has got a very upmarket interior. Ford is planning to price it aggressively on the lines of ecosport and will cost 18 lacs for the 2.2 engine. You will still end up saving half of what you would have, if you had gone for storme and you can think of ( N divided by 2 ) things to do with the possible savings

Where did you hear about Endeavour pricing at 2.2? I am eagerly looking forward to that launch as well. I haven't seen any tentative dates/announcements in the media on this.
Old 10th December 2014, 09:01   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondadude View Post

Where did you hear about Endeavour pricing at 2.2? I am eagerly looking forward to that launch as well. I haven't seen any tentative dates/announcements in the media on this.
You can read it online or they have a detailed review in this months WHATCAR . Pricing starts at 18 lac for the 2.2 version going upto 22-23 lacs for the 3.2 AT. Launch is imminent in 2015.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:38   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Thanks for the pointer. If the price is anything like what you mentioned, then this is surely on my waiting list.
Old 24th December 2014, 15:06   #299
BHPian

I've been fascinated by the Tata Safari since our neighbour bought one in early 2000, in addition travelogues by TSK1979, ADC and Harsh+Aarti made sure that I wanted to have one of my own.

I was and still am in the market for a well maintained used Storme (VX only, preferably 4x4), but the asking price for well kept ones is almost the same as the price of a new LX or even EX in some cases. It seems as if I'm almost destined to buy a new one , (subject to vitamin M). If it happens, I really hope that my wishlist mentioned below becomes a reality.
  1. Space for double-din stereo, immediately below the central A/C vents. The A/C controls should be moved lower (provide stereo only for higher/ top variants)
  2. Illuminated steering wheel mounted audio controls
  3. Proper MID, if they can provide one for Zest/ Bolt why not for the most aspirational Tata (Just use the same instrument cluster + steering wheel as the Bolt/ Zest)
  4. Deeper/ more usable cup holders (just redesign the rubberised tray with more depth, refer to McDonald's medium sized fountain coke cup)
  5. Redesign the drivers door-pad, the power window switches should be located further ahead (use a different design for this door, refer to the original Octavia's door pad design)
  6. Climate control with an independent screen (which would allow for upgrading the stock stereo)
  7. Apart from auto-down also offer auto-up feature for at least the front power window switches
  8. Air flow adjuster for the rear floor mounted A/C vents
  9. Black top for the dashboard, door pads, steering wheel and gear knob (Just like the current EX, these things are less reflective and easier to maintain this way)
  10. Leather seats (for the top variant)
  11. Black painted roof rails/ side steps and tie-down bars for all variants (the current VX has these in starlight-silver, it looks stupid. In my opinion an SUV is supposed to be butch and not covered in make-up)

I don't know if the above will happen, but I really hope someone from the concerned team at Tata Motors is following this thread.
maglev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2014, 16:23   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
I've been fascinated by the Tata Safari since our neighbour bought one in early 2000, in addition travelogues by TSK1979, ADC and Harsh+Aarti made sure that I wanted to have one of my own.
Are you out of your mind asking for so many changes to the existing Storme ?

Do you think what you have asked for is something the great product development guys in Tata don't know due to which they did not offer it in the Storme or do you expect them to read all this and start working on the next refresh ?

There are reasons for not offering these. Don't ask me what they are but pls ration your expectations if you intend to see yourself driving a Storme in the next 3-4 years. Else you can keep visiting this thread once in 6 months and pour out your frustration till the time this thread is not closed by the mods

Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks