Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:41   #226
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Jatin,

three options IMHO

Go for the Storme today- you will get great deals so financially it will be a viable prospect. go fo the EX version and get after market alloys. EX is the most VFM version. Interms of drive and engineering, you will find it vastly improved over your Dicor EX- but it will be breft of equipment so you will have to look at aftermarket options. The current available discount should take care of that though.

Option two- wait for the Ford Endeavour. Global unveil in Nove end and india launch in Jan 2015. It will undercut the Fortuner for the 2.2L 4x2 (yes, the new endy will have an all new 2.2 L engine instead of the current ancient 2.5L unit). Toyota is anticipated to counter that by launching a 2.5L fortuner that will be about 1L cheaper than the current 3L. But all these cars will be upwards of 22L. so you need to figure that into your calculations.

Option three- Buy the Ertiga (zxi version). Since you need a people mover primarily, i feel this is a viable option for you. You will need to do some mental re-adjustment though
Thanks Himanshu. No matter how much I despise it, option 3 makes sense. Once the Storme comes out, I can manage the i10 out.

Will give this a serious thought.
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2014, 19:37   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Thanks Himanshu. No matter how much I despise it, option 3 makes sense. Once the Storme comes out, I can manage the i10 out.

Will give this a serious thought.
So you then intend replacing the i10 with the Storme? if yes, then you will have a wonderful garage with the Storme and Ertiga
Old 3rd November 2014, 23:18   #228
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Maybe it's just a typo. They meant storme but wrote dicor
Yes. I feel the same.

My original post was in a 'lighter vein'.
Old 4th November 2014, 01:00   #229
BHPian

It's not a typo,they meant Dicor.Since Storme didnt do that well they are back to dicor,they also said the vehicle is ready and under testing.
Old 4th November 2014, 13:05   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
Since Storme didnt do that well they are back to dicor,they also said the vehicle is ready and under testing.
Really doesn't make sense. Unless they are going back to the old Dicor looks on the Storme's chassis, in which case they'll have to drop the current Dicor and effectively lower the prices of the Storme (because noone is going to accept the old Dicor interiors at the Storme's price point).

Makes no sense - unless they release the new Dicor at the Storme's price-point - which still doesn't make sense
Old 4th November 2014, 22:00   #231
Senior - BHPian

TATA needs to change the people who run the damn marketing department and end up spoiling its products!

It's high time I want to know who are these nuts and what they smoke, to take such decisions which end up like loosers!

No matter you hire the father of Thar and bring him over to TATA, what good is he of to them if they don't give him a free hand!
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 14:19   #232
BHPian

Autocar is now reporting that the refreshed Storme will only come out in middle of 2015 :-(. Anyone else heard anything else about this....?
Old 5th November 2014, 14:24   #233
BHPian

If they somehow put the wheel back where it belongs, It would be awesome. The reason the older Safari still sells shows that there still are Safari Dicor lovers out there like me, I did not like the rear look of the Storme hence went for the older variant. Really hoping they change the rear look in the updated Storme.
Ajitsingh208 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 15:59   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
If they somehow put the wheel back where it belongs, It would be awesome. The reason the older Safari still sells shows that there still are Safari Dicor lovers out there like me, I did not like the rear look of the Storme hence went for the older variant. Really hoping they change the rear look in the updated Storme.
I'm not sure if the looks can be taken care of simply by putting the spare wheel back. Storme design is a mish mash in which the new, Range Rover inspired sharp front has been matched to an old, rounded body. Separate portions may look good individually but the combined effect disappoints due to lack of harmony. In contrast, Dicor looks classic while the pre-Dicor front with dual chamber headlights looked even better!

I don't think it is a bad idea to reintroduce the original styling on the new chassis but incorporating all of Storme's improvements.
directinjection is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:06   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Ajit - with due respect to your liking for the wheel fixed to the rear door, if you went ahead and bought the Dicor recently over the Storme for just this reason, you are seriously missing out on a lot of other improvements the Storme comes with.

Overall, market preferences have changed a lot. M&M knew this all along and precisely why they never tried such antics with the Scorpio/XUV.

There are a whole lot of things to be upgraded in the Storme as well and I would prefer Tata focuses on those.

For now, I guess this thread is going no where
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 16:17   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Ajit - with due respect to your liking for the wheel fixed to the rear door, if you went ahead and bought the Dicor recently over the Storme for just this reason, you are seriously missing out on a lot of other improvements the Storme comes with.

Overall, market preferences have changed a lot. M&M knew this all along and precisely why they never tried such antics with the Scorpio/XUV.

There are a whole lot of things to be upgraded in the Storme as well and I would prefer Tata focuses on those.

For now, I guess this thread is going no where
Yes, I agree I missed out on a lot but then when the heart rules over the head, you tend to let it rule all the way. I loved the old Safari hence chose it, now also am hoping for a new look as I might replace mine sometime within the next 2 years with a new Safari and no other vehicle, as nothing else even comes close to the comfort & satisfaction I get while driving my Safari.

Last edited by Ajitsingh208 : 5th November 2014 at 16:19.
Ajitsingh208 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2014, 20:15   #237
BHPian

Quote:
So you then intend replacing the i10 with the Storme? if yes, then you will have a wonderful garage with the Storme and Ertiga
Proposal went south with the Ministry of Home affairs.

I told her a while back that Maruti's build quality is going down. Looks like she was paying attention and had saved this data for future use, i.e. today.
Old 6th November 2014, 09:05   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
Proposal went south with the Ministry of Home affairs.

I told her a while back that Maruti's build quality is going down. Looks like she was paying attention and had saved this data for future use, i.e. today.
If you do intend to keep your storme for good 5-6 years,it does make sense to go for the current model which is available at wonderful discounts. You can negotiate with the dealer and get ample equipments fitted FOC. The only reason why i m not going for this option is due to that bleak possibility of getting airbags in updated EX.
And i do have an ertiga vdi. Its a brilliant people mover with reasonably good build quality and does its job wonderfully. Its not exciting to drive and feels sluggish is another story

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 6th November 2014 at 09:07.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:37   #239
BHPian

I am quite confident that Tata is doing up the Storme the way they did the Zest ie. put decent features even in the lower variants and offer safety features like ABS and Airbags as an option in the EX making it an even better VFM package.

I am safely assuming this by having a look and drive of a Zest XMS of a friend which has decent kit and yet reasonably priced below the top end XT variant.

Also spotted two Stormes at Nasik Phata yesterday and it had minimal camouflage and could see inside the third compartment and saw a third row top lining but it seemed too close to the tail gate wind shield so i doubt if there could be any space for luggage with all seats up .Could not take any pictures as i was driving in the opposite direction .

Personally though i prefer the current set up of two jump seats as it gives the flexibility of luggage with passengers as had been to goa last week in a friend's Xylo and with all seats up we barely managed to put two hand bags under the last row and other luggage in between the two captain seats of the middle row.
Old 6th November 2014, 10:44   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
The only reason why i m not going for this option is due to that bleak possibility of getting airbags in updated EX.
And i do have an ertiga vdi. Its a brilliant people mover with reasonably good build quality and does its job wonderfully. Its not exciting to drive and feels sluggish is another story
My actual draw in the awaited vehicle is actually the front facing 3rd row. With the kids growing up the usefulness of the jump seats was on a decline with my 2.2 Dicor and this seat config will give us is the future proofing we need.

All said, its a shame that customers like us who are mentally decided on what they wish to buy but are being tested by TATA by not giving any clear view of what's in store and when. In contrast there was such a wonderful build up in the Mahindra camp for the latest Scorpio launch. There's a lot outside of the actual product that the TATA team needs to improve on!!
xbox360 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks