Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2014, 21:03   #151
Senior - BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

@adnair - the plastic quality in the Storme is very good. The black portion in the Lx/Ex is of the soft type and the beige of very good hard type. Maybe Skoda plastics are better but price pts are also different
Old 15th October 2014, 22:38   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Tata Motors is expected to launch the Safarti Storme facelift in mid-November.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
I hope they also think of having airbags across models.
Old 15th October 2014, 23:52   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper-VTEC View Post
I hope they also think of having airbags across models.
I for certainly hope so I was veering to the XUV 500 W6, the sole reason being dual front airbags. Currently the Storme offers air bags only on the top end variant that's unfair buyer of even the lowest variant should have access to safety. The customer who just wants airbags should not forced to cough up 5 lakh for a top end variant.

Last edited by aah78 : 16th October 2014 at 02:50. Reason: Post edited for grammar & spell-check.
Old 16th October 2014, 09:07   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
Currently the Storme offers air bags only on the top end variant that's unfair buyer of even the lowest variant should have access to safety. The customer who just wants airbags should not forced to cough up 5 lakh for a top end variant.
This is typicall of Indian manufacturers who give safety features only on the top end. I feel that the govt should make Air Bags & ABS a mandatory option at a resonable price across he range of passenger vehicles.
Old 16th October 2014, 09:29   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenchmonkee View Post
I for certainly hope so I was veering to the XUV 500 W6, the sole reason being dual front airbags. Currently the Storme offers air bags only on the top end variant that's unfair buyer of even the lowest variant should have access to safety. The customer who just wants airbags should not forced to cough up 5 lakh for a top end variant.
There are many in same boat. TML has a knack of irritating potential customers, with examples like this. Moreover, you get leather seats also if you want airbags (VX trim). Sorry I dont buy leather unless its absolutely necessary (belts, wallet, 1-2 pair of leather formal shoes).

I wrote to Mahindra on their website also asking if they can offer W8 in non-leather variant. They called back within 6 hrs but answer is negative even when I told them I will pay full price of the W8 (including paying for leather, but dont want leather)

Govt should insist airbags & ABS be be made optional across all variants. let the customer choose whats important to him/her..
Equus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 10:43   #156
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
This is typicall of Indian manufacturers who give safety features only on the top end. I feel that the govt should make Air Bags & ABS a mandatory option at a resonable price across he range of passenger vehicles.

I agree with your statement but to say that only Indian mfrs. stint on Safety features is unfair. Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, even Honda till recently did not offer the same level of safety kit in India as they did in other emerging markets like Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa.

Heck, the Tata Aria Pride 4x4 has more safety and convenience features that contribute to safety, which Cars twice the price don't offer. I own an Aria 4x4, so I should know.
Old 16th October 2014, 10:53   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
ARIA phase-out - have you heard it from a reliable source? I have not heard anything like that at all so far.
nopes , definitely not as per me. Infact new updates in the offing may be a possibility.
Old 16th October 2014, 12:58   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
Toyota Fortuner, Mitsubishi Pajero Sport, even Honda till recently did not offer the same level of safety kit in India as they did in other emerging markets like Thailand, Indonesia, South Africa.
Absolutely. Actually I know that we all always blame the government for this. And I completely support the move that government should make these features mandatory in all cars sold in India. (Satyamev Jayate's last episode should have opened the eyes of the public).

Having said that, I think a large part of the blame goes to the public as well, who always compromise on safety features for cost. The general mentality is that why spend additional money on something that will never be used. Without realising that it will be great if you never use this but super fortunate if you get into a situation where this is needed.

I can assure you that when the govt does make this mandaory, there is likely to be quite some discontent as the prices will go up. Won't be surprised if dealers advertise to buy cars before this enforcement comes into effect.

To be honest, even I have taken a decision to buy cars without air bags in the past. Now thanks to me being on TBHP and also because a close friend of mine got into an accident and was saved due to air bags, ALL future buys of mine mandatorily will have to be with air bags. Manufacturer does not provide then sorry, I shall not buy that vehicle.

Tata - Please provide safety features on ALL models of Storme.
Old 16th October 2014, 13:00   #159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
nopes , definitely not as per me. Infact new updates in the offing may be a possibility.
What Aria needs is better marketing. TML Engg has done a very decent job with the product. Offcourse there are still niggling issues (especially plastics) but surely not a deal breaker. Some absurd mktg strategies have messed up this, otherwise fine car.
Also, Safari/Storme/Aria seem to be eating from the same pie.

I dont have high expectations from the updated Storme && I could be a serious buyer (I really want to reclaim my life!) if they want. The ball is really in their court. I just want the VX trim without leather if I were to consider it. I am looking at XUV and Duster 110 as well.

There are many like me too. Strome can sell min 1200-1500 per month if TML plays ball (and it means taking XUV500 head on and meet/beat).
Old 16th October 2014, 13:25   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post

I dont have high expectations from the updated Storme && I could be a serious buyer (I really want to reclaim my life!) if they want. The ball is really in their court. I just want the VX trim without leather if I were to consider it. I am looking at XUV and Duster 110 as well.

There are many like me too. Strome can sell min 1200-1500 per month if TML plays ball (and it means taking XUV500 head on and meet/beat).
As far as I remember, the leather seats were removed from vx when the music HU went out. Lx / ex / vx all have fabric seats since some time now. But I'm not 100% sure. You may want to confirm.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2014, 19:31   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
As far as I remember, the leather seats were removed from vx when the music HU went out. Lx / ex / vx all have fabric seats since some time now. But I'm not 100% sure. You may want to confirm.
Carwale comparo tells me leather seats - let me reconfirm. Its been a dream to own a Safari. My other dream was a bullet and I bought a Thunderbird 500 earlier this year! A Storme would make this year super eventful
Old 16th October 2014, 20:10   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
I had read it on hindustan times front page article last month itself that govt is bringing in a rule to make safety features mandatory. But then this is india , proposing a law and implementing it are two very different things
Old 16th October 2014, 23:00   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus View Post
What Aria needs is better marketing. TML Engg has done a very decent job with the product. Offcourse there are still niggling issues (especially plastics) but surely not a deal breaker. Some absurd mktg strategies have messed up this, otherwise fine car.
Also, Safari/Storme/Aria seem to be eating from the same pie.

If Aria price was some where like xuv500 when it was launched would the sales story be different? The problem with TML earlier was they were out of sync with the market in all aspects but from the time of launch of storme a slow but steady progress has been made in their marketing strategies which have gained momentum with the zest.
Old 20th October 2014, 10:31   #164
BHPian

Comparison between new Duster, Scorpio and existing Storme on Zigwheels -- http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-review/20046/

The Storme lost on ALL individual parameters and lost the race by a mile. Not sure if this is a perception game or whether the other vehicles are truly that far ahead!

With the currently speculated set of features in the much awaited update, I think at best it will be able to pull itself from the very end to somewhere in the middle in this race but I do not think it has enough changes to take it all the way to the front. But I hope TATA proves me wrong on this one
Old 20th October 2014, 11:40   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbox360 View Post
The Storme lost on ALL individual parameters and lost the race by a mile. Not sure if this is a perception game or whether the other vehicles are truly that far ahead!
Storme rated below the Scorpio on space and ride quality?? They must have written this article for publishing on April 1!!

Btw, this is coming from a Scorpio owner

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 20th October 2014 at 11:42.
comfortablynumb is online now   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks