Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2014, 15:57   #136
BHPian

re: Scoop: Updated Tata Safari Storme in the offing? EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvtandon View Post
IMO the Storme looks like much better packaged SUV in comparison to the DICOR
For 1, i just hope that the so called front facing seat is just an option in LX as I am sure that the 3rd Seating Space will be compromised and so will be the Luggage Space which can now be easily converted to a Bed !

And yes, please try to make it see this side of the Road earlier than Jan 2015 !
Old 14th October 2014, 09:35   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
For 1, i just hope that the so called front facing seat is just an option in LX as I am sure that the 3rd Seating Space will be compromised and so will be the Luggage Space which can now be easily converted to a Bed !

And yes, please try to make it see this side of the Road earlier than Jan 2015 !
I think forward facing seats will certainly be better than the current neck breakers. The biggest problem in current setup is the angle in which the top of the car curves inwards. I'll post a picture of myself in that seat in a while to give you an idea.

As for the launch, if the speculated forward seats, 150ps motor, land rover grille and other bits and pieces really are coming, a good marketing strategist would now wait till at least the auto expo and properly scream about these updates alongside the Bolt. In the past they have made the mistake of anonymously updating cars without many people knowing about them till even the next refresh!

I even wish they go the Mahindra way and add a stupid engine guard at the bottom reducing the clearance to 180. I know the off roaders will burn me at the stake but the 200mm gc adds a significant amount to the price thanks to our taxation structure. Mahindra did it with xuv/scorpio and passed at least some of the benefit to the customer (or at least they said so).

Last edited by Reinhard : 14th October 2014 at 09:41.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 09:51   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Yes the Storme is a sgement smaller than the xuv500 but most people consider the two before buying.

Hence if Tata pits the storme with an equivalent list of features at the same price, I see the storme picking up in sales

I still like the stormes design and comfort over the XUV500.
Please elaborate the "storme being a segment smaller than xuv" part
Old 14th October 2014, 11:19   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
Please elaborate the "storme being a segment smaller than xuv" part
I think he means "segment LOWER" rather than "smaller". Primarily because most reviews / comparisons pitch Storme Vs. Scorpio and ARIA Vs. XUV (this holds true even on TBHP review for XUV). In reality, I think those in the market must be taking the brouchers for Scorpio - Storme - XUV, with the same being the order in price. Those wanting to save money go for the Scorpio with a slight compromise on the quality & comfort. Those without that constraint stretch a bit more and jump to the XUV.
Those in the middle simply like the STORME and are seen on this thread
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 07:54   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I think he means "segment LOWER" rather than "smaller". Primarily because most reviews / comparisons pitch Storme Vs. Scorpio and ARIA Vs. XUV (this holds true even on TBHP review for XUV). In reality, I think those in the market must be taking the brouchers for Scorpio - Storme - XUV, with the same being the order in price. Those wanting to save money go for the Scorpio with a slight compromise on the quality & comfort. Those without that constraint stretch a bit more and jump to the XUV.
Those in the middle simply like the STORME and are seen on this thread
Previsely my thought . To add to this, i believe storme and xuv's base and middle variant are almost evenly pitched as w4 costs a little more than storme lx while ex is slightly cheaper than w6. Moreover a difference of 30-40k doesnt really bring the vehicle under a "segment lower" category. Aren't storme vx 4x4 and w8 almost costing the same? I am in the market for a suv and i myself am considering all three of them.
Old 15th October 2014, 11:56   #141
BHPian

Quote:
I think forward facing seats will certainly be better than the current neck breakers. The biggest problem in current setup is the angle in which the top of the car curves inwards.
I know the off roaders will burn me at the stake but the 200mm gc adds a significant amount to the price thanks to our taxation structure. Mahindra did it with xuv/scorpio and passed at least some of the benefit to the customer (or at least they said so).
Yes Agreed on more seating comfort for a 5 + requirement, but my need is 5 comfortable seats with loads of luggage area (which can be converted to a bed)

But honestly if i look at say a Safari Dicor and Scorpio i don't find that end customer is benefiting by virtue of engine guard being fitted in Mahindra vehicles to lower the tax structure. As the prices are not significantly different. Or am i missing something ?
Old 15th October 2014, 13:55   #142
Team-BHP Support

Tata Motors is expected to launch the Safarti Storme facelift in mid-November.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 14:05   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes Agreed on more seating comfort for a 5 + requirement, but my need is 5 comfortable seats with loads of luggage area (which can be converted to a bed)
If they manage to get the forward tumble to work like in the XUV, which folds the seats flat flush, then your bed will still be available . But I'm not sure if that is easy to achieve given that its a body on frame & thus the floor on which the seats are to be installed may not possibly be dug as low as required to fold them flat at floor level.

Quote:
But honestly if i look at say a Safari Dicor and Scorpio i don't find that end customer is benefiting by virtue of engine guard being fitted in Mahindra vehicles to lower the tax structure. As the prices are not significantly different. Or am i missing something ?
Thats why I said M&M "claimed" they passed on the benefit in their press release. In reality obviously they made more profits somehow and can claim that our price would have been even higher than now, had the GC not been reduced.

The thing is, Storme is suffering a bit from an "overpriced" tag. They can use this lower GC to actually pass on the benefit to the customer in reality.

Last edited by Reinhard : 15th October 2014 at 14:06. Reason: updated punctuation.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 14:12   #144
BHPian

Finally, some fresh updates on the "refresh" of the Storme! Looking forward to it for ages.

I really hope they don't resort to "re-defining" the GC a la XUV. The XUV is a crossover and the Storme is a more old-fashioned SUV. The Storme should be able to tout its superior GC.

Some of the changes being discussed on the forum will give the Storme a required imagery boost and may help it to sell in higher numbers. Personally I am looking forward to the power re-map and was actually even hoping for an auto box option, but the latter may not come true possibly.....
Old 15th October 2014, 16:09   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Ah! Finally.

Finally some positive action from the Tata camp. New features and no cost increase; hard to believe. But if true then this is really good. Couple this with some aggressive marketing, slightly improved and customised ASS for Storme & Aria and they have a potential winner on their hands. Quite looking forward to this launch.
ptushar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2014, 18:02   #146
BHPian

Well Well, the news that i have been waiting for a looong time. Hope the 3rd row seat doesn't turn out to be a spoil sport for my need.

My timelines are like end of year or beginning of next year so its bang in time for me.
Old 15th October 2014, 18:15   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Isn't that the best Diwali / Christmas gift?? With the mentioned updates including a better integrated HU, the Storme suddenly will look a totally different preposition to those who weren't considering it yet.

As for the pricing, if there really isn't any large change going to be made...that would be one of the most VFM + most capable SUVs available! They'll obviously not have the significant discounts being given on the current model & that itself might up the actual on-road price by almost 50k at least. So those who just got the Storme, shouldn't feel much unhappy.
Old 15th October 2014, 18:55   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't that the best Diwali / Christmas gift?? With the mentioned updates including a better integrated HU, the Storme suddenly will look a totally different preposition to those who weren't considering it yet.

As for the pricing, if there really isn't any large change going to be made...that would be one of the most VFM + most capable SUVs available! They'll obviously not have the significant discounts being given on the current model & that itself might up the actual on-road price by almost 50k at least. So those who just got the Storme, shouldn't feel much unhappy.
Hoping that they come out with two features that would make it awesome - all black interiors and an AWD. It also looks like they are phasing out the Aria due to poor sales - Safari could get back to position of their flagship SUV. Tata needs to now focus on quality aspects more just like they are doing with the Zest!
Old 15th October 2014, 19:10   #149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adnair View Post
Hoping that they come out with two features that would make it awesome - all black interiors and an AWD. It also looks like they are phasing out the Aria due to poor sales - Safari could get back to position of their flagship SUV. Tata needs to now focus on quality aspects more just like they are doing with the Zest!
I personally love the current black + beige trim combination of LX/EX. Such a huge cabin in all black will be a turn-off for me really. But then its all personal opinion. Had the car been moving in large numbers, they could have offered colour options in interiors .

ARIA phase-out - have you heard it from a reliable source? I have not heard anything like that at all so far.
Old 15th October 2014, 19:28   #150
BHPian

Not 100% reliable, but an upgrade will definitely happen. On the interiors, the color option of beige used does not look premium like in Skoda - if they get that right, it will definitely be a looker along with better interior quality it's definitely - "Reclaim your life"!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks