Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2015, 13:26   #721
BHPian

Re: 2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
Requoting my own post!
Need help here guys. I am getting Insurance, Standard Fitments and Rs.10k of discount on Titanium. This totals to about 45k. If I had got a Trend, I would buy Alloys for 25-30k, taking costs further up. So, difference between Titanium and the Trend I was supposed to get doesn't seem that big at ~70k, free insurance on Titanium and standard Alloys are the major contribitor. Hence, I have decided to go with Titanium.
I need all your expert advice mates.
Also, what is with stopping production at Chennai plant? Fiesta is a market flop, so Ford has to pull the plug some day. But has that day already come?
If yes, is it advisable to buy this car now?
Plus, stopping the production means srock clearance that leads to lucrative discounts, so should I again try to get some more discount?
Ashish,If you are sticking to the current version and confused between Trend and Titanium and with the offers you have mentioned my pick would also definetly be the Titanium. You get a fully loaded veichle with alloys,extra bit of gizmos and the bucket seats(not sure if the Trend has them).

Coming to your other query, I would probably wait till this year ends. You wont loose much out of it(except for time and patience) but will definetly be benefitted out of it.

Reason :

1)If the production is really being stopped you will be coming to know about the car that is going to replace the existing one.

2)If the current version is not stopped, you can then bargain for even more discounts in the next year.
Old 11th June 2015, 14:39   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Fiesta is a market flop, so Ford has to pull the plug some day. But has that day already come?
Go for the Titanium variant, to me it makes so much more sense.

No SA for some reason or the other has been excited to showcase the New Fiesta but it is one hell of a car. And there is no problems whatsoever in buying it.
Timing is pretty tricky though. Waiting for 6 months is probably too much for me (if you are looking at a new year discount). I have been to some Ford Showrooms 'hoping' for a discount but haven't got anything significant.

I do not see Ford pulling the plug on this car, unless they have a new one - which they don't right now, so you should be good for atleast 2-3 years.

Buying a car (and specially this one) is a fairly emotional decision, and if you really want it, what the heck; go for it
Old 11th June 2015, 16:24   #723
Senior - BHPian

Am tempted to buy this as my next car, but golden rule is dont buy a car no one else is buying. The classic and the fiesta only sold about 46 units last month!
Checked with Ford this morning and sales have been temporarily stopped.

Last edited by Hatari : 11th June 2015 at 16:32.
Old 11th June 2015, 16:39   #724
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Hence, I have decided to go with Titanium.
I need all your expert advice mates.
Also, what is with stopping production at Chennai plant? Fiesta is a market flop, so Ford has to pull the plug some day. But has that day already come?
Plus, stopping the production means srock clearance that leads to lucrative discounts, so should I again try to get some more discount?
Good decision. You can try to push for a bit more discount. My pick in Fiesta will always be Titanium for the MID. Also, please go ahead with the purchase as the hikes can happen anytime. We all know Ford doesn't care about sales & numbers of this product, so they 'll not bother to keep prices low.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2015, 17:56   #725
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Requoting my own post!
Need help here guys. I am getting Insurance, Standard Fitments and Rs.10k of discount on Titanium. This totals to about 45k. If I had got a Trend
I think that it is a blessing in disguise for you, titanium is a much better option with those huge seats and so many small useful features which do come handy time to time. The production has temporarily stopped maybe due to some issue but i dont think they will pull the plug on it so soon. You are getting a good deal so i would say go ahead with it. My best wishes and once you take this car out on a highway drive, you will forget every thing
Old 11th June 2015, 21:47   #726
BHPian

Thanks friends, I have got a final On Road price of 12.50L for Titanium and I am going with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
The production has temporarily stopped maybe due to some issue but i dont think they will pull the plug on it so soon.
I too think on the same lines, only sligtly worried as don't want to buy a car that is going to be stopped soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
My pick in Fiesta will always be Titanium for the MID. Also, please go ahead with the purchase as the hikes can happen anytime.
Trend also gets the MID. Is there any rumor/News of a possible hike?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Timing is pretty tricky though. Waiting for 6 months is probably too much for me (if you are looking at a new year discount). I have been to some Ford Showrooms 'hoping' for a discount but haven't got anything significant.

I do not see Ford pulling the plug on this car, unless they have a new one - which they don't right now, so you should be good for atleast 2-3 years.
I am not looking for the year end discounts. Need a car ASAP.
Yes, Fiesta doesn't offer any discounts, a mere 10k Rs. was what I could get for tge Trend I was supposed to get.
I get your point, they don't have another car to replace the Fiesta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakshman1067 View Post
You get a fully loaded veichle with alloys,extra bit of gizmos and the bucket seats(not sure if the Trend has them).
Coming to your other query, I would probably wait till this year ends.
Yes, bucket seats are not there in the Trend variant. So, Titanium it is then.
Can't wait anymore buddy. Already fed up with cabs and Autos.
Old 12th June 2015, 12:55   #727
BHPian

Going today to bring my fiesta trend smoke grey color for 11.05 lac on road from patodi ford chhindwara M.P.
Also getting 3M anti rust under body coat for an extra 3500.Enquired about paint protection but the 3M people there at the Fasc showed me a bottle of 3M machine polish saying it's paint protection for another 1500 bucks.
Can't wait to get my hands on fiesta but wife suggested evening 4 to 6 as 'shubh muhurat' time today. 🌇🌆
prakash24979 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2015, 14:38   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, bucket seats are not there in the Trend variant. So, Titanium it is then.
Can't wait anymore buddy. Already fed up with cabs and Autos.
I dont see this in the features list in the website. So other than the material, the seat type also varies between the variants?
Old 16th June 2015, 07:15   #729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
I dont see this in the features list in the website. So other than the material, the seat type also varies between the variants?
Bucket Seats are not mentioned in the feature list for Titanium, MID seems to be there in the Trend, yet, not in feature list. Its only us idiots that buy the Fiesta buddy, and we somehow just manage to get this information out.
For seats comparison: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3545903
itsashishsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 18:57   #730
BHPian

Recently driven my Fiesta to Chail for a short trip. The maneuverability on hilly road was great, so was the ride. However, felt the car somewhat 'under-torqued' at steep inclines. Needed downshift whenever momentum is lost, no recovery. First gear was the saving grace though. At a couple of very steep slopes where other cars struggled a bit, quick shift to first gear served well. Was back to it pleasant self once hits the plains.

Just wondering if any fellow BHPian can share his experience with Fiesta on hilly roads and ghats.
Old 9th July 2015, 21:20   #731
Senior - BHPian

Experienced Ford's brilliant RSA (road side assistance) today, My sister had taken the Fiesta to work today, its raining crazily in Delhi and she inadvertently went into a very deep pothole/sunk in road which was covered with water. The underbody abs plastic sump guard hit the stone and the plastic clips gave away. It came off from the front end and was scratching the road.

She gave me a call, asked her to slowly take the car to office as it was just a km away and make sure that no engine oil etc is leaking. She reached office fine, gave a call to Ford's RSA at 1:10 PM requesting them to send a mechanic at the place so he could see and attach the sump guard back. The Ford guy reached there by 1:45 PM, informed me that he would not be able to attach the guard back as front two clips had broken but he will remove the guard completely, keep it in the boot and i can get it fixed from the service centre. It was fine with me and within 15 minutes, he completed his work and signed off. Got the sump guard fixed back from a neighborhood garage this evening.

The road side assistance was used first time by me and am very very impressed with the quick prompt response and help offered. Is the RSA provided by Ford valid for just 1 year or 2 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsm97 View Post
Just wondering if any fellow BHPian can share his experience with Fiesta on hilly roads and ghats.
You must have had a blast with the car around hairpin bends and the lovely winding roads of Chail. I have not yet taken the car to hilly roads but the car does feel a tad underpowered and low on torque even during highway drives, the brilliant handling and lovely chassis accentuate this feeling even more, there is no solid power whack in the revv range, linear power delivery all through.
After driving my Vento, every thing feels low on torque but maybe it is just me

Last edited by coolboy007 : 9th July 2015 at 21:24.
coolboy007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2015, 22:25   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
You must have had a blast with the car around hairpin bends and the lovely winding roads of Chail. I have not yet taken the car to hilly roads but the car does feel a tad underpowered and low on torque even during highway drives, the brilliant handling and lovely chassis accentuate this feeling even more, there is no solid power whack in the revv range, linear power delivery all through.
After driving my Vento, every thing feels low on torque but maybe it is just me
I, for one, felt the power of the car good enough for highways or gentle slopes. It remains perfectly agile there. Tackles steep slopes too but while remaining in one gear lower than optimum, if I can put it that way.

What seems to work is its relatively low reliance on turbo. That helps the car move comfortably in 1200-1500 rpm range as bottom end is strong.
rsm97 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 09:51   #733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Am tempted to buy this as my next car, but golden rule is dont buy a car no one else is buying. The classic and the fiesta only sold about 46 units last month!
Yes . I read a report that not a single Fiesta was sold in Jun.
Why ?
Such a niche car, but why is Ford murdering a good product. Maybe Aspire is being given all attention or is it that Ford is happy with exporting rather than Indian market.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2015, 10:20   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Climate control in piano black as well. Unlike the EcoSport, 'recirculation' mode remains selected even after you switch the car off / on. Yep, they fixed this bug with the Fiesta:
I just got my Fiesta Titanium and I am quite irritated that the Recirculation mode gets switched off as I start the car. I don't think this bug was ever fixed with the Fiesta. If there is something to do to fix this, please help me out.
Also, unable to find the configuration to switch the auto door lock feature on. Need help on this one too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkghai View Post
Yes . I read a report that not a single Fiesta was sold in Jun.
Why ?
Such a niche car, but why is Ford murdering a good product. Maybe Aspire is being given all attention or is it that Ford is happy with exporting rather than Indian market.
They have even stopped the production for the time being. I don’t really understand but as an Automatic Fiesta was spotted, I am guessing that Ford might be planning to relaunch the Fiesta with the Petrol and Auto options.

Last edited by itsashishsharma : 10th July 2015 at 10:25. Reason: Felt a need to reply to nkghai's post :)
Old 10th July 2015, 10:28   #735
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I just got my Fiesta Titanium and I am quite irritated that the Recirculation mode gets switched off as I start the car. I don't think this bug was ever fixed with the Fiesta. If there is something to do to fix this, please help me out.
Also, unable to find the configuration to switch the auto door lock feature on. Need help on this one too.
I have this problem in the Ecosport. I have to press the recirculate button to overcome this problem. No need to press AC and then recirculate button. Try that.

And as for programming auto lock feature, here it is:

2014 Ford Fiesta Facelift : A Close Look-screenshot_1.jpg
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks