Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th August 2016, 01:06   #196
BHPian

Heard from my Maruti Service center guys that Ritz is soon going to be discontinued or probably thus has been done and stocks are been cleared.

Then what better time to launch the Ignis!

Last edited by Rehaan : 25th August 2016 at 10:26. Reason: Removing quoted post, as that's an e2o
Old 25th August 2016, 01:23   #197
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Still not able to get in terms with the rear design.

They need to get rid of some awkward-looking angles, those "scattered" tail lamp sections and break the bulk of over-sized black strip.
I quite liked the way concept Ignis looked on stage at the auto expo.
The rear too looked good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashankjk View Post
Absolutely :thumbup:
Heard from my Maruti Service center guys that Ritz is soon going to be discontinued or probably thus has been done and stocks are been cleared.
Then what better time to launch the Ignis!
IMO Ritz wouldn't be discontinued as it is a hit in the fleet taxi market.
Old 25th August 2016, 07:21   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannskaria View Post
IMO Ritz wouldn't be discontinued as it is a hit in the fleet taxi market.
It's going to be for sure. I also read it up on multiple websites. I also own a Ritz hence did a bit of research

http://m.economictimes.com/slideshow...w/46955121.cms

http://www.indiainfoline.com/article...0800443_1.html
Old 25th August 2016, 12:56   #199
BHPian

I have been looking forward to the Ignis for a while now. I was quite keen on upgrading from my current car to a top-end Petrol auto as its a smart looking car (except the rear) and seems to be have quite a nice interior without the usually ugly Suzuki steering wheel.

But recent news of the CVT being dropped in favour of an AMT is a total and complete deal breaker. My sister has a K10 with the AMT gearbox and while its convenient, the gearbox SUCKS. The gear changes are horrible unless you're driving with an extremely light foot and the car jerks a lot. While its fine in a budget car like the Alto, up to the Celerio, its really disappointing to see it in a so-called premium car that will be sold from Nexa.

I assume this will also lead to them dropping the paddle shifters from the Indian model. A proper CVT with paddle shifters would've been an excellent feature to set it apart from the competition. Unfortunate.
Old 29th August 2016, 10:02   #200
Distinguished - BHPian

Mr. Kalsi confirms Ignis and Baleno RS launches for this year.

Quote:
By 2020, we expect 15 per cent of sales to come from Nexa, up from 10 per cent now. We are launching two more products, Ignis and Baleno RS, by the end of this year. So, the premium products would not only be coming to Nexa channel, but our main channel will also see a change in the product line-up at the premium end. So the overall premium share will be much more than that of Nexa.
Link
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 15:35   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

With petrol in demand will Ignis be launched in 2 petrol variants? AMT in the 1.2L variant.

Quote:
The petrol engine will have a 1.2-litre K Series and will come with a five-speed manual and AMT options. This is Maruti Suzuki’s favourite engine. This will continue on the new Ignis as well. The engine might be retuned. There will be an Ignis 1.0-litre BoosterJet also. This will be the most fuel-efficient petrol SUV in its segment.
Source
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 20:45   #202
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
With petrol in demand will Ignis be launched in 2 petrol variants? AMT in the 1.2L variant.

Source
The same source says the diesel is not the 1.3L 4-cyl diesel engine from fiat, but a 1.2L 3-cyl suzuki diesel engine - which may have an additional cylinder compared to the 800cc celerio unit. This, along with the news about amt instead of cvt is pointing to the chances of aggressive pricing. May be, 4.25L for base petrol and 5L for base diesel to undercut kuv.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 30th August 2016 at 20:55.
Old 31st August 2016, 12:37   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The same source says the diesel is not the 1.3L 4-cyl diesel engine from fiat, but a 1.2L 3-cyl suzuki diesel engine - which may have an additional cylinder compared to the 800cc celerio unit.
This might as well remove the "fun to drive" quotient from the diesel.
Old 1st September 2016, 12:27   #204
Distinguished - BHPian

Motor Trend reports that Maruti-Suzuki has finally ceded to the strong demand for the Vitara Brezza and the Baleno, and has pushed back the launches of the Ignis and the Baleno RS to the first half of 2017.

Quote:
recent rumors had suggested that the launch of both these products were on track, scheduled around Diwali but news from our sources say that indeed both the Baleno RS and Ignis launch have been pushed back to early next year.

This is a fairly recent development and the decision has been taken in the light of the high demand for the Vitara Brezza and Baleno hatchback. Demand is very strong for the Brezza especially and despite current production being pegged at maximum capacity, the huge demand is still not being met. Thus any new launches will happen early next year only with the Gujarat plant starting production.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:31   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

Contrary to earlier reports of the Baleno RS and Ignis launches being delayed, the cars will be launched by the end of 2016.

Both cars will be retailed through its premium outlet channel 'Nexa .

Quote:
Maruti Suzuki seems to having an extremely busy 2016 with lots of action waiting to unfold. Contrary to earlier reports of the Baleno RS launch being delayed, the car will be launched by the end of 2016.
Source

Last edited by volkman10 : 5th September 2016 at 12:33.
Old 5th September 2016, 12:56   #206
Distinguished - BHPian

OMG !! I lost count of how many times did I read about the delayed launch & launch sticking to original timeline (Oct 2016) on both Ignis & Baleno RS.

Let's take a break from these news being reported by all the mags with little reputation about scoops. We should really wait for some credible inputs (from the birdies or someone like Hormazd) before posting anymore on the launch time frame please!

Edit:: Personally, I don't see a point in Maruti launching it soon (Oct 2016) when they have so much backlogs. They should ramp up production & make as much deliveries before introducing these products.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 5th September 2016 at 12:57. Reason: Added "Edit" portion
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 13:09   #207
BHPian

Looking at the design and the proportions, I personally feel that the Alto/Old Zen is getting taller and boxier every year. I wonder what happened to Aerodynamics, Sleek and sharp looks, Driver position etc. I believe these tall boy designs are a pain, for e.g., I used to get ankle pain while driving a Santro or i20 for 50 odd KMs at a stretch. But never had this issue in Alto/Polo/Zen/Swift. I have drive from Bangalore to Goa in an Alto non-stop for 10 Hours and felt so comfortable and driven Santro Banglore to Chennai non-stop and felt dead tired

I personally want the old ZEN with all new Technologies and Features
PetroTurbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 19:46   #208
BHPian

Too many potholes and humps on Indian roads make an Ignis-like car with high ground clearance, desirable. Parking space woes dictate that the car should also be satisfactory for long drives apart from city commutes. The boot should be large enough and the tyres should be wide enough. Handling should be like the Alto and ride should be a little better than the Alto. The power should be enough to drive the A/C without sacrificing a hill climb. A healthy cruise speed of 90 should be expected. Such a car would be truly popular if priced sensibly. I am looking at the Ignis but am not sure if it will tick all the boxes. Let's wait and watch. My preferred fuel is petrol.
PS. Cubby holes and storage for water bottles make comfort for long drives.
gostel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2016, 21:17   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetroTurbo View Post
:

I personally want the old ZEN with all new Technologies and Features

Well, I'm in too! Wouldn't think twice to sign my cheque !
I loved my Zen ZXi to the core! I regret selling it even today. But, the solace was I upgraded to Swift VDi. And for 6 years, it was an absolute pleasure driving it as well
Old 8th September 2016, 13:47   #210
Distinguished - BHPian

Ignis on test - top end variant? Faces the KUV100 in its outing

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-marutisuzukiignisspied1.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th September 2016 at 14:02.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks