Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:33   #1036
BHPian

Re: The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsashishsharma View Post
5-6 years and 1-1.2lac KMs translates to 20k KMs per year. It doesn't make sense to buy a diesel for ypur usage. Trust me, the 1.2L petrol of Ignis is quite rev happy and the car being a lot lighter than my previous gen Swift, I can say this for sure: go for the petrol. This, plus the black clouds over diesel vehicles especially in your city of residence kill the case for a diesel.
Yes. I kind of agree with your point of view. I was slightly tilted in favor of diesel considering the low running costs (FE & cost difference between Petrol & Diesel) and the Torque-edge which diesel provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Welcome to TeamBhp.

Don't understand how does it matter if the car is the cheapest diesel automatic and why does that seem tempting.

As long as there is a comparable petrol version which is equally competitive and substantially cheaper, I don't see any need to go for a diesel one instead unless your driving is at least 40-50% more than what you have stated.
Thanks. yes. Had the difference been 80-100k, I would have opted for Diesel but this extra premium is somewhat unjustified. And K-series of Ignis is competitive for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
In this day and age, a 1.3 lakh premium for the diesel is too much unless you are in the 2000-2500 km / month range. With you running, you will just about break even in 5 years is my guess.

You can look up this thread for calculations.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...alculator.html

Welcome to team-bhp
Thanks for the link Eddy. I did look use another calculator provided in another thread. As you pointed out both of these calculators are suggesting 1 lac Kms as break-even.

Now I am just wondering whether to look for petrol or decide to keep the car for more than 5 years.
roushan84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:46   #1037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
This shows the Ignis diesel is a cool 60k costlier (ex-showroom difference is 60k, OTR in B'lore is 75k) than the Figo diesel in the top-end variant. Anyone in the market for a diesel who values function over form, or performance over form, should give the Figo a good hard (re)look.
These were my exact same thoughts the moment I checked out the Ignis pricing. Note that I mistakenly wrote 5 airbags in the below post it is in fact 6 airbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post

Regarding the estimated price, if it's Rs. 9L for top end diesel and still sell more than Figo 1.5D Titanium+ (with 5 airbags) then I don't know what Ford has to do to get it's sales up. Absolutely unbelievable!
If someone is going for top-end Ignis (which they should, considering the drab interiors for lower variants) Figo Titanium+ offers much more in terms of drivability, FTD, economy, safety, space and looks (though subjective, can safely say Figo is a better looker among the two!).

And going by the recent ads and my first hand account, Figo service cost is indeed at par, mostly cheaper than even Swift. Hope it helps!

Last edited by teemus : 23rd January 2017 at 11:49.
teemus is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 16:25   #1038
BHPian

Motoroids have come out with their review of Ignis and they are all praise for it. Link

Their conclusion is a very well written one.
Quote:
The Ignis is a bold move in these bold times. Times which call for something as conventional as paper to be replaced by technology. Times when the might of magazines and the powerful aroma of newspapers is fast being outglowed by the brightness of a little screen. When not even the authority of a crisp currency note is able to hold the flame against this wave. And with this car and their new approach, Maruti has caught that pulse well.

No longer will you be dictated or directed by some grey haired advice to settle for the safe and sane four wheeled choices the country’s biggest car maker provided. The Ignis will appeal to the melanin in your hair on its own. For the ones who’ve got grey already, this is a great dye, one you’ve got to try.
Some of the pics are wallpaper material.

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-104.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-109.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-114.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-116.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-147.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-148.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-149.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-152.jpg

The Maruti-Suzuki Ignis-158.jpg

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th January 2017 at 12:43. Reason: Fixing link. Was pointing to Indian Scout review :)
PraNeel is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:27   #1039
BANNED

I just came back after having a look at Ignis. To be honest, except for the diesel AGS/AMT , there ain't any USP for this one. For this price point, there are lot of options. Can't understand the huge bookings for this car, or maybe I'm too old to understand the needs of millenials.

The NEXA guys were passive , maybe because of the high bookings and the wait period is already 3 months. I think few cars from other manufacturers need just a different badge to be a hit. I'm sure other manufacturers would have run short of ideas by now.
The Rationalist is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:53   #1040
BHPian

Just saw a brand new Ignis in my society here in C R Park. I was under the impression that the deliveries are yet to start and here we already have a new car. It is in the shining blue color, the one shown above in the images. I still am on the fence in regards to how it looks, but the blue color does make it look decent. I did not get the chance to see what variant it was, will post again when I see it next. The front looks good with the shining headlights, yes they sure were shining even when parked, must be the sun light reflecting. The blue color looks gorgeous, a very unique shade.
iFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:33   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roushan84 View Post
Hi Everyone,

Also, if I should pay 1,3 lac extra for diesel if I am planning to drive it for 5-6 years or 1-1.2lac kilometers.

It will great to hear some views on this.
IMO the Petrol manual Alpha is the best trim for the Ignis, from cost, performance and features perspective. But if you are in the market for an auto transmission, then the petrol AMT would be better than the Diesel one.

However, if you are open for other car manufacturers as well then I would strongly recommend the Micra XV CVT Petrol which would be miles ahead of the Ignis's cost-effective petrol AMT and costs 6.8 lacs ex-showroom. It also comes with all bells and whistles.
Waspune is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:24   #1042
BHPian

I went to see the Ignis in the nearest NEXA showroom. Here are my first thoughts:
  • Looks better face to face rather than in pictures - as endlessly said!
  • The rear hatch had a good feel while closing.
  • Space and comfort is good but seats are on the softer side. I like firmer seats as they are good for long drives.
  • We got the hood popped open. Noticed that even the Petrol had insulation under the hood.
  • I liked the carbon-fibre finishes on the dash. But overall there is a feeling that the design elements are not coming together properly.
  • The version on display was a Zeta, so the AC controls were ditto of an Alto.
  • Am I the only one who thinks the fuel tank of 32L is puny? Hell, even an Alto comes with a 35L fuel tank.
  • Driver height adjust is missed in Zeta
  • The height of the car is good though - getting in was quite easy.
  • OTR Price difference between Zeta and Alpha is > 1L here in Hyderabad.

After looking at the prices and having owned a few Fords in the family, I agree with Teemus. The Figo looks very VFM. I could get a Figo Diesel Titanium here for the same price as the Petrol top end. I only wish it came in a brighter blue as the Ignis. Even the Grand i10 feels VFM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
If someone is going for top-end Ignis (which they should, considering the drab interiors for lower variants) Figo Titanium+ offers much more in terms of drivability, FTD, economy, safety, space and looks (though subjective, can safely say Figo is a better looker among the two!).

And going by the recent ads and my first hand account, Figo service cost is indeed at par, mostly cheaper than even Swift. Hope it helps!

Last edited by jetti : 23rd January 2017 at 20:27.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 22:01   #1043
BHPian

I will be going ahead with my booking of the Ignis Alpha(Petrol). The car has been allotted to me and I'm expecting it to get delivered very soon. Although I went with the Ignis, I do agree that for the same price the Ford Figo Diesel is a much more VFM car. It was the top contender for me but the reason I did not go with the Figo is that I didn't want a diesel car. I already have an S-Cross 1.6 and wanted a secondary petrol car as its running would barely be around 1000kms a month. Moreover, I do intend to keep the second car for only 4-5 years, so the resale value of the Ignis should be better as well. Otherwise, the Figo Diesel is definitely a very good option and I feel that it's very underrated.
Looking forward to the Ignis though.
nimit3105 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 00:02   #1044
BHPian

I'm in the same dilemma. I want a petrol car as my usage is very less. However, I'm impressed by the Ford's diesel engine. Ignis though priced higher offers, brings more things to the table like LED Projector headlamps, bigger alloys, more GC, inbuilt parking sensors and camera. I think the Zeta is quite VFM. I'd gladly trade the push button start for driver seat height adjustment though.

My only issue with the car now is the tiny 32L fuel tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimit3105 View Post
I will be going ahead with my booking of the Ignis Alpha(Petrol). The car has been allotted to me and I'm expecting it to get delivered very soon. Although I went with the Ignis, I do agree that for the same price the Ford Figo Diesel is a much more VFM car. It was the top contender for me but the reason I did not go with the Figo is that I didn't want a diesel car. I already have an S-Cross 1.6 and wanted a secondary petrol car as its running would barely be around 1000kms a month. Moreover, I do intend to keep the second car for only 4-5 years, so the resale value of the Ignis should be better as well. Otherwise, the Figo Diesel is definitely a very good option and I feel that it's very underrated.
Looking forward to the Ignis though.

Last edited by jetti : 24th January 2017 at 00:30.
Old 24th January 2017, 00:57   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Ignis: (6,46,669/-)

1197cc petrol,
82 PS power,
113 Nm torque,
5-speed AMT/AGS transmission,
ABS + EBD,
Fuel tank = 32 liters,
Weight = 860 kgs.

Figo: (7,57,348/-)

1499cc petrol,
112 PS power,
136 Nm torque,
6-speed DCT transmission (imported),
ABS + EBD + ESP + TCS + HLA,
Fuel tank = 42 liters,
Weight = 1030 kgs.
Add another 24K you get Side and Curtain airbags in the titanium variants of Ford.
bharathan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 03:22   #1046
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post

My only issue with the car now is the tiny 32L fuel tank
As long as we are:

i. not filling from a particular petrol pump,
ii. not going to face a prolonged strike by pump owners / lorries,
iii. getting a minimum mileage of 12 kmpl so that a full tank gives a range of nearly 400 kms,

till then 32 ltr fuel tank is more than enough for a normal car.

If you get the claimed mileage of 20kmpl, the range becomes 640 kms.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 24th January 2017 at 03:26.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 09:08   #1047
BHPian

Yes, it's the "as long as" that bothers me. It is good enough for daily use within city. After bad experiences with adulterated fuel, I do now fill only at specific pumps in my city. More importantly, the highway range is what gets impacted. One will have to fill up at any random pumps. Like in any car the usable capacity would be more like 25-27L. If it gives 16 on the highway (hypothetical number) that gives 16×27=432 km which is not bad but not any improvement over my Alto K10.

Well, no car is perfect. The value offered by other aspects of the car more than cover this limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
As long as we are:

i. not filling from a particular petrol pump,
ii. not going to face a prolonged strike by pump owners / lorries,
iii. getting a minimum mileage of 12 kmpl so that a full tank gives a range of nearly 400 kms,

till then 32 ltr fuel tank is more than enough for a normal car.

If you get the claimed mileage of 20kmpl, the range becomes 640 kms.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 12:42   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
He has been quite stupid in his comments in general. He also mentioned some of them (millennials) earn 50lakhs and 10mn (1 Cr). There might be a very few who do that and they won't be sitting in India and even if they do, somebody who earn 50lakhs or 1Cr is highly unlikely to buy an Ignis
If someone had 50L-1Cr income, it would be mostly bimmers, audis and mercs! And I'm not even thinking about a M800 look-alike at 8-9Lakhs. Even the expensive Crysta appears to be reasonably priced in comparison. My friend recently bought a top end, automatic, spacious Jazz for about 10 Lakhs. So pricing is !
samm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 13:12   #1049
Team-BHP Support

A lot of high earning individuals / couples may opt for the Ignis as their second or third car for the size, convenience of an AMT and style*.

* Based on individual taste.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 13:51   #1050
BHPian

Did a test drive. My first ever driving of an AMT.
In others cars, whenever I take a U turn on the road, as I straighten out, I loosen my grip on the steering wheel and it rotates back. This is how I have been driving for years.
In the Ignis, the steering comes back so fast that the car tends to turn left instead of straightening out . Is this what one calls as a light steering?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks