Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2019, 08:37   #616
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post
Some more spy shots from
Attachment 1886216
Is it just me or the dash looks pretty similar to the one on Nexon? Specially the touchscreen integration, centre AC vents, and physical buttons for the music system? It is good to see a different steering wheel here. I am bored of seeing the same steering on my Zest and Nexon.
tarik.arora is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 18:56   #617
BHPian

re: Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.

Quote:
Some more spy shots from Rushlane
What I saw - segment first cruise control?? that's awesome , different steering wheel, the digital MID looks very nice IRL, pretty good storage space ahead of the gear lever, no auto dimming irvm, and finally 5 speed? I wish that's not the case with the diesel, could really use an extra gear.
SaiSW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2019, 19:49   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Tata Altroz spied along with the 2020 BS6 Tata Tiago, Nexon & Tigor

The entire fleet was parked on the side of the road somewhere in Drass.

Attachment 1885709
Is it the Tata Hornbill that is parked in front of the camouflaged Nexon in the second pic?
Old 19th June 2019, 21:23   #619
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Tata Altroz spied along with the 2020 BS6 Tata Tiago, Nexon & Tigor
That's a nice catch there, what I really miss seeing in the convoy (sorry slightly off topic) is the Hexa. Wish it also got upgraded to BSVI and crash test regulations.

Note from Support: Please do not quote large posts, videos, or pictures as it inconveniences mobile users. Quote only relevant portions of posts. Thank you!

Last edited by aah78 : 20th June 2019 at 01:17. Reason: See note.
Old 21st June 2019, 20:32   #620
Senior - BHPian

This advertisement appeared on my phone today.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-screenshot_2019062120303138.png  

tushky is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 08:42   #621
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
What I saw - segment first cruise control?? that's awesome , different steering wheel, the digital MID looks very nice IRL, pretty good storage space ahead of the gear lever, no auto dimming irvm, and finally 5 speed? I wish that's not the case with the diesel, could really use an extra gear.
Honda jazz comes equipped with cruise control, and so does polo gt. I agree about the 5 speed gearbox as even the 1.2L turbocharged engine deserves a 6 speed. What this tells me is that there’s probably a NA 1.2 from the Tiago as well, just to keep the starting prices droolworthy.
bled_soul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2019, 16:44   #622
BHPian

A couple of banners have popped up.

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20190622_164058.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20190622_164004.jpg

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20190622_163814.jpg
jailbird_fynix is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:28   #623
BHPian

Quote:
A couple of banners have popped up.

Attachment 1887012

Attachment 1887014
Car looks lovely. Can't wait for the launch
Especially the aero blade wipers from the Nexon and the orvm design, the way it is hinged, one word - beautiful.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 10:55   #624
BHPian

The redesigned alloys(like gunmetal finish) in these banners looks better than the ones in spyshots. The orvms and that slight kink in the window line looks looks beautiful.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:28   #625
BHPian

any updates on actual launch date? I think this car has been least spotted as i have barely seen any pics of it doing tests and stuff like that, which we saw so much of Harrier / Nexon.
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:43   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
any updates on actual launch date? I think this car has been least spotted as i have barely seen any pics of it doing tests and stuff like that, which we saw so much of Harrier / Nexon.
Let's hope they tested it just as much. Tata makes some of the best built cars in the market today but fit and finish has always been their weak point.

My Tiago has just completed its second birthday, and is full of rattles. The drive side door rattles, the dashboard rattles, the plastic piece of either sides of the boot ( right one contains the boot lamp ) is loose and has been "fixed" two times already and still is loose, there are rattles from rear left door, and so on. I am hoping the new platform would mean better fit and finish and the interior would be better screwed together. I have pretty good hearing and every single rattle works in tandem to annoy me.
SaiSW is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:02   #627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiSW View Post
Let's hope they tested it just as much. Tata makes some of the best built cars in the market today but fit and finish has always been their weak point.

My Tiago has just completed its second birthday, and is full of rattles. The drive side door rattles, the dashboard rattles, the plastic piece of either sides of the boot ( right one contains the boot lamp ) is loose and has been "fixed" two times already and still is loose, there are rattles from rear left door, and so on. I am hoping the new platform would mean better fit and finish and the interior would be better screwed together. I have pretty good hearing and every single rattle works in tandem to annoy me.

That is surprising. I thought Tata had got their act together.
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:58   #628
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post
i have barely seen any pics of it doing tests and stuff like that, which we saw so much of Harrier / Nexon.
Actually, there've been plenty of sightings of the test car. You can find all of them in Youtube. Here's the latest one -

Tata developing a premium hatchback, the Altroz. Edit: Launched at 5.29 lakh.-img_20190702_145640.jpg

A video from a week back -

Fingers crossed that it's not another half-baked product.

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 2nd July 2019 at 15:07.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 15:31   #629
BHPian

I believe this car will be the perfect replacement for the VW Polo. Being a Tata, expect good build quality and safety standards. It will be more spacious than a Polo and the rumoured engines can keep up with the Polo.

Other than the Brand VW, this Tata has everything the Polo has and betters it in many ways.
Aditya_Bhp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2019, 23:21   #630
BHPian

I am still drooling over the idea of an Altroz JTP.
itsashishsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks