Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2015, 19:48   #901
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Slightly OT:
In fact Maruti should strip every gizmo from the car and provide a BoosterJet with the Delta variant, that way both price and performance can be achieved. true car enthusiasts might not mind this move at all. Thats one of the weirdness I find with Polo GT TSI, why stuff DSG nonsense into customer's throat forcibly and have an inconsistency with GT badge and remove it from GT TDI?

True hot hatch can be Delta variant + 17/16" Alloys + BoosterJet and may be price it near the top? There will be many takers for sure.
I suppose that must have something to do with higher margins. Since the manufacturer is giving us "higher technology" in the form of those engines, they want higher margins in return. This higher margin thing is also made possible by lack of competition. But to take off the sting of a higher margin(hence higher price), they launch it with more features as well so the customer feels he's not getting short changed. Hence it will come only on the top variant.

Last edited by Whichcarnow : 26th October 2015 at 19:49.
Whichcarnow is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:49   #902
Distinguished - BHPian

Every single time I'd pick a Hyundai over any Suzuki. Having said that, the way Hyundai has been playing the variant positioning for the past couple of years with the top end having everything but the kitchen sink and the lower variants having almost no useful feature, cutting out the 6-airbag models they were once known for, the worst MID possible (gear change indicator? really?), they are now in trouble.

The i20, Xcent and Dzire will be chewed up by Baleno knowing the Indian buyers love for Maruti. On their part Maruti have tried very hard to break away from the mileage-maintenance brand to something more, and its obviously working. As far as safety goes its good that they are fitting airbags in all variants, a crash test might very soon determine structural strength as well.

From the look of things my prediction is Baleno will straight join the Swift, Dzire & Alto to the top of the charts next month, just because its a Suzuki. i20, Jazz, Xcent & perhaps even the Polo will be crushed.

Last edited by dark.knight : 26th October 2015 at 19:50.
dark.knight is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 19:57   #903
Distinguished - BHPian

Meanwhile, a new comparo between Elite i20 and Baleno pops up!!

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 20:36   #904
BANNED

With the most awaited launch happened as of today and with mouth-watering prices, I have put up a minor comparison between them:

Maruti Suzuki Baleno vs Hyundai Elite i20 vs Honda Jazz

I have compared it on the following:
  1. Specifications: - On the basis of Fuel;

2. Features: - On basis of variants;

3. Prices: - Compared only for prices with Delhi as the NEXA hasn't fully given up prices
__________________________________________________ ____________

1) SPECIFICATIONS

A) Petrol

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-petrol.jpg

B) Diesel

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-diesel.jpg

2) FEATURES

Base Variant:
  • Baleno: Sigma
  • Elite i20: Era
  • Jazz: E

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-base.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MID Variant:
  • Baleno: Delta
  • Elite i20: Magna
  • Jazz: S

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-mid.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top Variant:
  • Baleno: Zeta
  • Elite i20: Sportz
  • Jazz: V

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-top.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Top (O) Variant:
  • Baleno: Alpha
  • Elite i20: Asta
  • Jazz: VX

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-top-o.jpg

3) PRICES

A) MT

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-prices.jpg

B) AT

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-prices-.jpg

Last edited by a4anurag : 26th October 2015 at 20:39.
a4anurag is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 20:37   #905
BHPian

Wow! MSIL is out for blood with this one, the "H" duo better watch out because lots of man tears are gonna be shed at the HQs of these companies in the coming months. No other way of making your way into people's mind other than VFM prices like these, which also help put the brand Nexa into people's minds. Not sure about the diesel but the petrol variants surely allows the customers to milk the best of their buck. I'm not a fan of Maruti's offerings but if I was in the market for a hatch I'd surely prioritize the purchase of the Baleno over the i20 or the Jazz.

Last edited by tjacob : 26th October 2015 at 20:38.
Old 26th October 2015, 20:47   #906
BHPian

While the petrol manual transmission prices are competitive, the premium for the Delta CVT over delta MT is more than 1 Lakh. On-road price difference will take it to more than 1.25L difference which is too high for a CVT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post
Really??
It looks like Jazz V and Jazz V CVT the difference is at :

(7.89 lakh - 6.84 lakh) == ~1L

It seems all the CVT units are imported from Japan, so the cost difference
could be real.
Oh My bad. I didnt realize i was looking at the Jazz Diesel instead of the petrol for CVT vs MT

Last edited by aah78 : 27th October 2015 at 00:47. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 26th October 2015, 21:06   #907
BHPian

Now that MS has undercut both Jazz and i20 pricing, can we expect to see discounts on those two?

Last edited by Eddy : 26th October 2015 at 21:48. Reason: quoted post corrected
Old 26th October 2015, 21:37   #908
BHPian

Here comes the Pre-Diwali Bang from the Maruti !

Elegant No Nonsense Design + India's National Engine + Pragmatic Pricing

And all with the NEXA badge seems to be the icing on the cake !

I foresee the mobs thronging the NEXA Dealerships now for TDs and bookings!

One more 'Leader in its Segment' from the Maruti Suzuki!

Last edited by poised2drive : 26th October 2015 at 21:48.
poised2drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 21:50   #909
Senior - BHPian

We knew the pricing will be aggressive once the engine options were out (No DDiS VGT or booster jet). But didn't expect the base variants to be priced so well given the kit on offer.

Rear wash wipe for all except base variant, ABS + EBD, dual Airbags, seat belt pre-tensioners across variants. And when was the last time MSIL gave wide tyres across variants? Kudos to MSIL for giving safety the importance it deserves. Brilliant work on specking the variants! The only disappointment is the lack of AT option for the top 2 variants. That's a total bummer.

I think MSIL wants Baleno to take the place of Swift. The dealers who invested in Nexa have got a big shot in the arm now. Hope the Baleno drives as well as the Swift. And I am really interested to know the thought process of people who will book DZire instead of Baleno in the coming months. For the ugly DZire, the big plus is 'boot' (Not the cargo holding capacity but the contraption itself) and sales reach. Waiting eagerly to know how the market is going to react. I am sure for the majority here, Baleno makes much more sense than the compact sedan.

As for Honda and Hyundai, its a double whammy. A fresh international product from the marker leader which is cheaper and loaded to the gills. This year has been brilliant! The Car of the Year poll is going to be tough, very tough.
deetjohn is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 21:58   #910
BHPian

Assuming that 20 Baleno's are booked everyday at the 30 odd NEXA dealerships, this car can easily do numbers between 12k-18k on my estimation. Of course the initial months will see high numbers which will be boosted by the festive season. Even on a normalized level, this car can do 8k-10k as per my estimation.

I think Jazz/Aspire/Figo will be the worst hit by this launch. The sales for I-20 might decrease but I still see healthy figures for it.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:14   #911
Senior - BHPian

Checked the top petrol variant of the Baleno at Nexa showroom nearby. Came back pretty impressed. It looks like Maruti has a winner.

Everything in it pleased me, such as exterior and interior looks, layout, leg room, boot space, etc. The only concern was the below 900 kgs of unladen weight. As far as I know, MUL does not use Boron steel, so how the vehicle compares in NCAP testts is something I'd like to see.

TD vehicle for petrol variant will be available from tomorrow or Wednesday. The diesel display vehicle is expected to reach tomorrow.
Old 26th October 2015, 22:22   #912
BHPian

Difference between Delta AT and MT is 1.05 lacs. So if Maruti was to apply same premium on Alpha MT to offer AT variant, it would have come to 8.06 lacs.

Now this would have been INR 17k higher than Jazz V which is available at 7.89 lacs. But for this 17k we would have got all of the following
  • Daytime Running Lamps with LED
  • Projector headlamps
  • Auto headlamps
  • Auto diming IRVM
  • Rev. parking sensors
  • Voice command
  • Smartphone Connect/Apple CarPlay
  • Telescopic steering
  • Central locking
  • Rear seat adjustable headrest
  • Follow me home/lead to vehicle
  • Front centre armrest with storage
  • 60:40 Split seat (Rear)
  • Push start/stop with smart key
  • 195/55 R16

Why on earth would someone wanting AT not consider Baleno Alpha if Jazz V was also in his consideration set? Let prospective buyers make that choice.

I am sure Maruti would have been pleasantly surprised if they had offer Alpha with AT.
damager21 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 22:23   #913
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
I think Jazz/Aspire/Figo will be the worst hit by this launch. The sales for I-20 might decrease but I still see healthy figures for it.
you forgot jazz, figo comes with 100 bhp diesel engine while the i20 comes with 90 bhp diesel engine. Figo comes with 6 speed dct transmission, For about 40,000 rupees you are getting a superior auto transmission with 112 bhp petrol engine along with esp, traction control, while the manual gives you six air bags.
Sarvodaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2015, 22:31   #914
BHPian

MSIL definitely got the pricing right...yet again they prove to catch the pulse of the market well. With such price under cutting the competition and the MS badge this sure will be a hit and I don't think there will be much complaining about the low tuned engine anymore from the Mango man (aam aadmi). But the enthusiasts might have a different opinion. I'll definitely give it a spin when I find some time.

Guessing monthly sales numbers of approx 8k.

Waiting for the TBHP review...hoping within a month from now...!!!
Old 26th October 2015, 22:33   #915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
you forgot jazz, figo comes with 100 bhp diesel engine while the i20 comes with 90 bhp diesel engine. Figo comes with 6 speed dct transmission, For about 40,000 rupees you are getting a superior auto transmission with 112 bhp petrol engine along with esp, traction control, while the manual gives you six air bags.
On Paper, the DCT is supposedly the better transmission but looks like the CVT performs very well inside the city and the lightweight chassis is making up for the power difference between the cars. Not a lot of reviewers came back impressed with the DCT and having driven one myself, the DCT of Ford especially in the Focus had some issues with jerkiness especially in the lower gears. This was supposedly fixed with some update in the USA but I am not sure if that is the case in India.

Although if one wants TC and ESP, he has to go with Figo.

Either way, I am impressed with the pricing and Maruti's idea to give CVT on the Delta variant seems justified as well since it contains most of the creature comforts one can ask for in a car.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks