Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2015, 14:18   #961
BHPian

re: Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs

I have a query here. If i book the Baleno this month end and while taking the delivery prices are increased, so will the increased rates apply to me?
Old 27th October 2015, 14:22   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
1. How exactly does brake assist works?
Brake assist monitors the force with which you press the brake pedal. When you normally press it gently/feathered, BA doesn't do anything. However, when you press the pedal hard (i.e. panic braking), BA detects this rapid press, and within the brake booster increases the brake pressure higher than what you're pressing.

The reasoning is - if you're slamming the brakes, then you're calling for maximum brake pressure. And very often, the maximum pressure that we exert on the pedal is lower than what the system can take - even under panic braking. By detecting this and raising brake pressure appropriately, it helps improve braking distance.

While it may seem that control is being taken away from the driver, this system is well calibrated such that it doesn't interfere abruptly or awkwardly during normal use. You can read up more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_brake_assist
Quote:
4. What is the exact boot space? Can't find it mentioned anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
Is 340 liters for the one that will be retailed in the Indian market whereas, 355 for the overseas one. Since I got a dekko of the car today, I can confirm that it is quite a spacious boot.
Wow, 340 litres is phenomenal. To put it in context, the Getz has a 315 litre boot, which is already very spacious, the Honda Jazz is probably the only one marginally larger than the Baleno at 354 litres, and is larger than both the Dzire (316L) and the Swift (230L). Few more comparisons - EcoSport (346L), new Figo (257L), Figo Aspire (359L).

Last edited by arunphilip : 27th October 2015 at 14:37.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:22   #963
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal1987 View Post
I have a query here. If i book the Baleno this month end and while taking the delivery prices are increased, so will the increased rates apply to me?
Yes. The prices on the delivery date is the one which you will have to pay. So any increase or decrease will be effective.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:30   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal1987 View Post
Quote:
Yes. The prices on the delivery date is the one which you will have to pay. So any increase or decrease will be effective.
Unless a price lock agreement can be signed? Does such a thing even exist?

Moreso, I don't think they will increment the prices so soon. Should stay on for atleast a month or two. And as someone already mentioned, the max they'll increase will be to the tune of 20-30K as anything beyond that and the Baleno loses what it trumped at in the first place.

OTR Mumbai petrol pricing out -
Sigma: 5.98L
Delta: 6.83L
Zeta:7.54L
Alpha:8.37L

The above are inclusive of a standard 2 years + 2 years extended warranty. Also included in this is a Zero Dep insurance. When specifically asked for, the RM confirmed that no handling or depot charges are levied.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra

Last edited by MetalBuff : 27th October 2015 at 14:52.
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:50   #965
Senior - BHPian

Big rush at the Nexa showroom here in Pune.

I was there to check status of S-Cross booking just now. There was huge rush for the Baleno. People were literally queuing up to check out the car inside out. The diesel top-end Alpha variant of Baleno is 9.7 lakhs on-road.

Some photos I clicked at the Nexa showroom:

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151027_131719.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151027_131702.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151027_131547.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151027_132102.jpg

Next-gen Suzuki Baleno (YRA) unveiled. EDIT: Now launched at Rs. 4.99 lakhs-20151027_132051.jpg
ajay_satpute is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 14:51   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
But we are talking about the diesel here. If someone test drives the Figo twins and then drives the Baleno diesel, the difference will be very evident. Hence I said that if the Baleno diesel sells more than in-segment offerings which offer better power/torque figures, it will be a travesty. But, knowing the common man and his requirements in a car these days, I won't be surprised if this travesty actually happens in the days to come.

I foresee a decline in Figo/Jazz/i20 sales, and the Baleno with a "get-the-job-done" set of engines surging forward in the monthly sales charts.
Figo's engine is fantastic but the sheet metal is just as 'high-tensile' as Marutis. Test drove one and doors are flimsy, really flimsy. Back doors in particular make tinny sound like my WagonR does. Also, at speeds of 80-100, steering feels light like smaller Marutis. Swift sheet metal seems better than 'new' Figo hatch. Driving dynamics too with Ford choosing to nose-dive.
5kmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:06   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Brake assist monitors the force with which you press the brake pedal. When you normally press it gently/feathered, BA doesn't do anything. However, when you press the pedal hard (i.e. panic braking), BA detects this rapid press, and within the brake booster increases the brake pressure higher than what you're pressing.

The reasoning is - if you're slamming the brakes, then you're calling for maximum brake pressure. And very often, the maximum pressure that we exert on the pedal is lower than what the system can take - even under panic braking. By detecting this and raising brake pressure appropriately, it helps improve braking distance.

While it may seem that control is being taken away from the driver, this system is well calibrated such that it doesn't interfere abruptly or awkwardly during normal use. You can read up more at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_brake_assist

Wow, 340 litres is phenomenal. To put it in context, the Getz has a 315 litre boot, which is already very spacious, the Honda Jazz is probably the only one marginally larger than the Baleno at 354 litres, and is larger than both the Dzire (316L) and the Swift (230L). Few more comparisons - EcoSport (346L), new Figo (257L), Figo Aspire (359L).
Are these volumes without the rear seat folded down?
Old 27th October 2015, 15:13   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Big rush at the Nexa showroom here in Pune.

Some photos I clicked at the Nexa showroom:
Thanks for the photos.

Question: Which blue is this?
I have been asking this question forever! Please pardon my ignorance.
looks like I am blinded by the Blue!

Is this "urban Premium Blue"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Good question Yes!

Last edited by WRXXX : 27th October 2015 at 15:14.
WRXXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:16   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXXX View Post

Is this "urban Premium Blue"?
It's Ray Blue which is being touted as the flagship color for the Baleno.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
MetalBuff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:22   #970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalBuff View Post
It's Ray Blue which is being touted as the flagship color for the Baleno.

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
I should confess that my confusion was *and* is real
This color looks so different in different lights.
Old 27th October 2015, 15:23   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar2007 View Post
Of course! If the rear seats are folded, the boot space would approximately double (not sure about the exact size in litres after folding the rear seats).
The figures advertised by the manufacturers as bootspace are the minimum cargo space when 4-5 passengers seated.
hybridpetrol is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2015, 15:26   #972
Senior - BHPian

I could understand Ciaz being offered through Nexa. But Baleno??. Could be that Maruti could move more and more of its dealership to Nexa. As existing dealers have largely taken new Nexa dealerships, the impact on existing dealership may not be much. But what about workshops, employees, and existing infra.

Second, why launch a new product with a brand name that only had limited success.
Old 27th October 2015, 15:29   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
Second, why launch a new product with a brand name that only had limited success.
What is in a name, is what this New Baleno will prove. Already it has got 12500 enquirers so far!
Old 27th October 2015, 15:31   #974
BHPian

Amazing and bang on pricing of the Car . I like the looks of the car for most part of it excepting the wheels ( first thing I would change if I plan on buying this car, waiting for some real good reviews and a test drive soon).
  • Welcome change of ABS/Airbags/EBD standard across all variants. Hope we get this on all other cars also soon. Apply Airplay used first time in a car and it does look very cool.
  • The Alpha model will come between 8.5-9 in Bangalore considering Karnataka has the highest road tax in the south making the car even pricier.
  • The Looks are subtle similar to Original Baleno(sedan) though wasn't liked by all but has its own identity and uniqueness. I have a feeling just like the Baleno sedan and Ritz even the looks of this car will grow gradually and people will start liking it. Almost all new cars now a days are coming with similar grill and mesh in terms of looks. The car could have had better looks in the front. I am not a great fan of the grill though, neither I like it not dislike it completely. It just looks different, unlike the Ford and Hyundai copying the front big grill and mesh look in almost all premium cars.
  • The car doesn't look so big in pics but actually is. The space is definitely bigger comparing its competition and also the stance.
  • Instead of overlapping two designs on the wheels they could have had only one design making the mags looks bigger and more sportier.
  • Considering a premium car, the switches could have been different compared to the Swift and Ritz.
How many of us actually think, the drive quality and comfort score over the features any day. Hyundai's definitely have premium looking feel and features, but somehow doesn't satisfy in terms of drive quality. No offense to any Hyundai lovers. Just my opinion.

Everything boils down to the drive feel, comfort and stability of the car on Indian roads.

In all probability, this car will surely sell in good numbers and Hyundai and Honda's will have a tough time competing. Cheers !!
Old 27th October 2015, 15:34   #975
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
... But what about workshops, employees, and existing infra.
The NEXA showrooms are solely for an "upmarket" sales experience. For the rest, the old tried and trusted Maruti service centres will have to be visited.

With that being said, a NEXA branded vehicle WILL receive premium treatment over the Maruti Suzuki ones whilst at a service centre. So, I don't think anything changes for the service centre employees.

At the cost of going OT any further, I'll stop right here

Cheerio,
-Shivang Gandotra
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks