Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2017, 09:18   #2041
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelinmyveins View Post
Sir the one you have posted belongs to basic (sigma) variant of Ignis and compared to this, even a hardcore Maruti fan (TATA hater) would prefer the treatment on Nexon XT.

I was referring to the one in DELTA variant of Ignis like the one attached below.
OT.
Sorry. To me, this ICE looks like a piece of slate stuck to the dashboard with glue, as an afterthought. While it might be very functional with all the physical buttons (I'm a fan of buttons) and features, this one doesn't look good to me.

For the Nexon, I think Tata might offer alloys in the mid-variants as introductory offer (like Zest). Or those alloys could have been put for display purposes. These alloys are from Tigor petrol.

Few observations:

- XM onwards, the ORVM and door grab handles should have been painted in body color. IMO, that's a small price but looks more premium.
- The fuel filler cap seems to be jutting out/ill-fitting. Could be the angle of picture taken.
- The rear fog lamp housing has a white lamp cover. Not sure if it's functional or has a bulb in it.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th September 2017 at 09:23.
Old 6th September 2017, 13:12   #2042
BHPian

Most of the media drive reviews say that in Nexon Diesel, the top end punch or the top end grunt is not there for its power and torque ratings. I am trying to sit tight till I test drive and see how it drives, on my own but still slightly concerned when many of the reviewers felt the same.
By top end punch or top end grunt, do they really mean how the engine output is on higher RPMs on all gears or the performance at higher speeds say 120 and above? I am sure they would not have really potential opportunities to test speeds above 120 kmph in the route they drove for the media drive.
Old 6th September 2017, 13:46   #2043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_tns View Post
Most of the media drive reviews say that in Nexon Diesel, the top end punch or the top end grunt is not there for its power and torque ratings. I am trying to sit tight till I test drive and see how it drives, on my own but still slightly concerned when many of the reviewers felt the same.
By top end punch or top end grunt, do they really mean how the engine output is on higher RPMs on all gears or the performance at higher speeds say 120 and above? I am sure they would not have really potential opportunities to test speeds above 120 kmph in the route they drove for the media drive.
As per Autocar reports:
Nexon diesel is faster than both ecosport and brezza to reach 140 kmph, also in gear acceleration is faster that the both. It is also more silent and refined than the both at cruising speeds due to sixth gear.

So, i dont think you have to worry on those fronts at all unless you intend to take your car beyond 140 kmph frequently, in which case you should not be looking at any of these vehicles i mentioned. Ofcourse final opinion must be formed after test drives only
46TheDoctor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 13:48   #2044
BANNED

As per Autocar India, Nexon launch is set be on 21st September. Finally!! its been a long wait.

Source from ACI

Last edited by agambhandari : 6th September 2017 at 13:57. Reason: Source website had crashed earlier, its back up now
agambhandari is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 13:48   #2045
Senior - BHPian

Nexon Launch on Sep 21, 2017.
Source

From the article:

Quote:
Expect the Nexon to be priced aggressively, somewhere around Rs 7-10 lakh. When launched, it is likely to put up a tough fight in the segment. Its chief competitors include the Maruti Vitara Brezza, which has proved to be a runaway success, and the Ford EcoSport, which has held its ground well.
If the price is really starting from around Rs. 7 lakh, the car has a very high chance of being a hit. Tiago and now Nexon can get Tata the numbers it deserves.

From review of Autocarindia, the ride, handling are impressive coupled with engines which are easily par for the segment, this can be a value card for Tata.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th September 2017 at 13:51.
aaggoswami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:27   #2046
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Issue with the Nexon implementation is that it leaves you with zero after-market customisations options, which is common among buyers of low end variants.

That said, it's much more aesthetically pleasing than the Ignis, for those who prefer to keep things stock.
To be honest - starting with the Zest right upto the recent Tiago/Tigor/Hexa - there is hardly any need to move away from the Harman ICE that comes with the TATAs. the aftermarket units are simply not that spectacular that one should spend a bomb, especially those who buy a TATA, do still care about the value for money factor most of the times.

While your point is absolutely right, it applies the least on current Tata offerings with their top notch ICE out of box.

Quote:
They should have kept the defining styling elements same in all variants, similar to the approach Honda adopted with their BRV and WRV. The XM looks nothing more than a big hatchback - without the dual colour scheme, ceramic inserts, alloy wheels, projector headlamps etc. Anyways, was expecting this blunder long back itself!

Love the rear though - which looks a lot better now without the ceramic bar dividing the glass and paint portions!
Still - compare the XM with what a BREZZA VDI offers. The Brezza VDi looks as if it rolled out of the factory half complete, especially from back.

I for one, actually LOVED the grey shoulder line of the XM a lot more than the white ceramic thing. I'm not really a fan of one of the most quoted design elements of the Nexon.

Even Swift VXi used to come with black door handles and mirrors for ages. Afterall if an XM gets all the "defining" elements in it, who will buy the XT / XZ/XZ+ from Tata? Its these top variants that bring the most margin to the car maker in most of the cases. This is what absolutely all the auto-makers do all over the world and in fact I'm glad that Tata has done a good job of learning this - albeit late.

Look at my current car. It has all the bells and whistles including a BMW like soft touch dashboard. This is what TML used to do for quite a long time over last decade and a half. Load up the car, most bang for the buck. But it didn't help their business in sales numbers still. Afterwards, the sedan class Vista 2nd from top variant, with heated ORVMs. Does anyone even know it had those? Not even the owners!!

I feel they have done a perfect job with the trim definitions.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:36   #2047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
Yes it will be officially launched around 21-22 September.
Quoting my post from 21st August.

Also prices will start BELOW 7L.

Last edited by akshay380 : 6th September 2017 at 15:05.
akshay380 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 14:51   #2048
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting myself.

This sounds like icing on a cake. Hope they surprise us with their pricing
Old 6th September 2017, 14:56   #2049
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
To be honest - starting with the Zest right upto the recent Tiago/Tigor/Hexa - there is hardly any need to move away from the Harman ICE that comes with the TATAs. the aftermarket units are simply not that spectacular that one should spend a bomb, especially those who buy a TATA, do still care about the value for money factor most of the times.
Agreed on the sound front. There is simply no matching TATA in this. But most common people I've seen upgrade the HU simply for the bragging rights of a big touchscreen

Quote:
Still - compare the XM with what a BREZZA VDI offers. The Brezza VDi looks as if it rolled out of the factory half complete, especially from back.
Problem is, Brezza still looks like what it is intended to be - a compact SUV. Wheras Nexon is way too rounded, and without the signature elements, looks more like a hatchback. Here's the VDi against Nexon XM (first pic) and XT (Without alloys, second pic)

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-marutisuzukivitarabrezzavdiovariantpics3.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-image1-1.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-marutisuzukivitarabrezzavdiovariantpics2.jpg

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1.jpg

Quote:
Afterall if an XM gets all the "defining" elements in it, who will buy the XT / XZ/XZ+ from Tata?
True. In current format, only the top variants might appeal to the market IMO - which might be good for profits, bad for volumes. Need to wait and watch.

Quote:
Quoting myself.

Hope that's for the diesel.

Brezza starts at 7.23L for the diesel variant. Nexon has a petrol, so ideally petrol should start below 6.5L and diesel below 7L if they are to have a fighting chance.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 6th September 2017 at 15:01.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:04   #2050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Problem is, Brezza still looks like what it is intended to be - a compact SUV. Wheras Nexon is way too rounded, and without the signature elements, looks more like a hatchback. Here's the VDi against Nexon XM (first pic) and XT (Without alloys, second pic)
I don't remember the location & too lazy to search for it. Some pages earlier in this thread I have said exactly this.

The Nexon while on the posters as an "SUV" is really infact more of a sports coupe. It does not have any of the perceived "SUV" characteristics in its looks. Of course I'm not saying its a bad thing - but it is really in a segment of its own, while meeting a lot of parameters of the well accepted compact SUV segment.

Even on the XZ+, I'd not call the NEXON an "SUV". Its a sports coupe. In that post earlier somewhere, I also said that from an SUV buyer perspective, I like the Brezza's "standard" looks a lot more compared to the Nexon.

We agree.
Old 6th September 2017, 15:07   #2051
BHPian

The XZ+ variant is on display at Wasan Motors, Borivali. Attaching some pics of the same. I sensed that the showroom guys were not comfortable me clicking the pics of the car which is yet to be launched officially and hence restricted myself only to these.

The car visibly sits lower than Ecosport and Brezza. The cabin space is good for 4 adults and a child.

The overall plastic quality of dashboard and other areas seemed better than Maruti and a level lower than that of Hyundai. There are some areas which i feel could have had better plastic. Haven't seen that of Ford so cant compare.

The boot is shaped well for a 350 litre one and the usable space is satisfactory. I'm 6.1 and getting in and out of the front and back seats was not a problem anywhere, though not as comfortable as my Ertiga. The under thigh support is okay for my height.

The overall build quality seemed definitely better than that of a Maruti. I assume it to be in league of Hyundai and Ford.
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689206358.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689256655.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689293185.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689323762.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689348396.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689368610.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689541529.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689557556.jpg  

The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-1504689583385.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 6th September 2017 at 18:19. Reason: Typos & spaced. Please proof-read before clicking Submit. Duplicate picture(s) removed. Thanks!
T.S. is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:24   #2052
BHPian

I know that it has been done before but couldn't resist myself from posting the below pic with modded headlight design. It looks much better than the current design, especially in white; almost like a 'baby storme' from the front

And thanks for all the pics of middle / base variants. SUV'ish or not, the car looks much better and proportionate than the comparable variants of Brezza which look so under tyred and poverty stricken (no offense to any owners please)
Attached Thumbnails
The Tata Nexon, now launched at Rs. 5.85 lakhs-untitled.jpg  

Old 6th September 2017, 15:26   #2053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
The XZ+ variant is on display at Wasan Motors, Borivali. Attaching some pics of the same. I sensed that the showroom guys were not comfortable me clicking the pics of the car which is yet to be launched officially and hence restricted myself only to these.
Thanks.
From the last couple of pictures, it looks like in the event of an impact of any kind from behind, there is little chance that the boot lid will be spared. While there is a lip on the black part of the bumper, the upper parts of the body are actually bulging outwards and practically in the same vertical line as the outermost edge of the bumper.

Last edited by Reinhard : 6th September 2017 at 15:27.
Old 6th September 2017, 15:33   #2054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

If the price is really starting from around Rs. 7 lakh, the car has a very high chance of being a hit.
Rs 7L starting price for Nexon base variant doesn’t sound to be true. Brezza Diesel starts from 7.25L, no way Nexon petrol will start from 7L (unless Autocar is talking about diesel version). In fact Nexon will have to undercut Brezza by Rs 40-50K to get good market traction.

Could this be a marketing gimmick in collusion with auto journalists to create a high/premium price impression and later dish out pleasant surprise?
Remember how Compass price was repeatedly speculated to be priced between 18-24L by same magazine and later the market was pleasantly surprised with much lower price.
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 15:38   #2055
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S. View Post
The XZ+ variant is on display at Wasan Motors, Borivali. Attaching some pics of the same. I sensed that the showroom guys were not comfortable me clicking the pics of the car which is yet to be launched officially and hence restricted myself only to these. The car visibly sits lower than Ecosport and Brezza. The cabin space is good for 4 adults and a child. The overall plastic quality of dashboard and other areas seemed better than Maruti and a level lower than that of Hyundai. There are some areas which i feel could have had better plastic. Havent seen that of Ford so cant compare. The boot is shaped well for a 350 litre one and the usable space is satisfactory. I'm 6.1 and getting in and out of the front and back seats was not a problem anywhere, though not as comfortable as my Ertiga. The underthigh support is okay for my hieght. The overall build quality seemed definetly better than that of a Maruti. I assume it to be in league of Hyundai and Ford.
Hmm, interesting, so is the dual tone roof an optional thing?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks