Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2016, 17:11   #376
BHPian

Re: The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016

Spot on pricing!
Those expecting lower prices (most of us - the eternal optimists) have to remember the diesel cess & the corresponding increase in prices of the competition as well.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:14   #377
BHPian

This looks like another one of Maruti Suzuki's Blockbusters.

If they can introduce a petrol variant later (maybe the Boosterjet) at a lower price point I will seriously think about this.

I do feel these prices are slightly higher than what some people expected but overall not a bad price especially considering the stuff coming as standard in the ZDi+.

Ideally most of us BHPians would be looking at only the prices of the LDi (O), VDi(O) and ZDi/ ZDi+, the non (O) versions are not that much cheaper to change the buying decision here especially if you look at the ~ 15k difference between the LDi and LDi (O) (Taking Mumbai prices, Delhi's never indicative of the rest of the country)
Old 8th March 2016, 17:14   #378
RSR
Senior - BHPian

The pricing is spot on! The difference for the safety option pack is very reasonable, and I request BHPians to go only for the (O) variants if they are looking at the LDi or VDi.

If there is a slight irritant, it's the ZDi+ (dual tone) variant costing just over the one million mark in some cities. This would take this particular variant into the next road tax slab. They should have "adjusted" this in order to ensure the price did not go over 999,999 rupees in any city.

Also, if it had a petrol option, the starting price could have been even lower.

Expect big booking numbers and long waiting periods. It may cannibalise some of its own stablemates such as the Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ciaz, Ertiga and S-Cross, but Maruti Suzuki would only be too glad to let that happen. The Vitara Brezza is going to set their cash registers ringing loudly!

The guys at Ford India must be a very, very worried lot now! They need to do something drastic to keep potential EcoSport (especially TDCI) customers from walking into the nearest Maruti Suzuki showroom and driving out in a Brezza.

If the EcoSport has finally got a direct sub-4m 5-seater monocoque rival (ignoring the Premier Rio) to cause worry for Ford, then Tata have reason to be even more worried. The Nexon faces an uphill struggle even before its launch.

Last edited by RSR : 8th March 2016 at 17:39.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:18   #379
BHPian

Price comparison of Vitara Brezza and Ecosport (Diesel)
LDi: Rs. 699000
LDi(O): Rs. 712000
VDi: Rs. 762000
VDi(O): Rs. 775000
ZDi: Rs. 855000
ZDi+: Rs. 954000
ZDi+ (Dual Tone): Rs. 968000

Ambiente: Rs. 818,900
Trend: Rs. 891,000
Trend+: Rs. 939,000
Titanium: Rs. 999,000
Titanium+: Rs. 1,065,100
All prices are ex-showroom Delhi.
Debajyoti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:18   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I'm not aware of the differential pricing of Ex-Showroom price for different cities.
When you say it should be < 10 L for ZDI+ for most cities, does that mean that Mumbai has the highest Ex-Showroom price among most Indian cities ?

I'm trying to draw a conclusion as to whether the Ex-showroom in Bangalore would be lesser than or more than that of Mumbai.
My bad, Mumbai should be the highest, however the dual tone will be more than 10 Lacs in most cities.

Bangalore ex showroom prices would be less than Mumbai
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:19   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
I'm not aware of the differential pricing of Ex-Showroom price for different cities.

I'm trying to draw a conclusion as to whether the Ex-showroom in Bangalore would be lesser than or more than that of Mumbai.
There will always be difference in the ex-showroom price of cars in different cities on account of different state level taxes/octroi and the difference in transportation/handling cost of the car plant to the respective city.

Maruti's plant being at Manesar, the ex-showroom price would be lowest in the NCR region, owing to locational proximity. As for your case, my guess is the price at Bangalore would be more than that of Mumbai.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:23   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
When we mention "The Vitara Brezza is already homologated for the safety regulation that will be introduced in the country in 2017", Does anybody know where can I see what is the safety regulation that will be introduced in India by 2017? Apologies, I would have missed out somehow if its already been discussed.

Thanks
Balaji Babu
AFAIK, Indian vehicle safety assesement program will have frontal crash tests at 56 kmph, side crash tests at 50 kmph, pedestrian impact testing and rear impact testing. This safety program is set to start from late 2017 or early 2018.
As per the MSIL's statement, it means the vehicle components are manufactured and designed considering the impact test condition. The real efficiency of those parts and vehicle as a whole can only be realized when it's put under the above mentioned testing in the lab conditions.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:25   #383
BHPian

The pricing is mostly as expected...and is quite competitive. I believe this is a sure winner for MSIL...expect 10-12k bookings per month atleast for first 6 months. Did they mention the delivery dates i nthe presentation, I might have missed it?
Old 8th March 2016, 17:30   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki updates the Vitara Brezza homepage.

The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-vb.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-1.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-2.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-3.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-4.png
The Maruti Vitara Brezza @ Auto Expo 2016-5.png

Last edited by volkman10 : 8th March 2016 at 17:33.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:32   #385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
If the EcoSport has finally got a direct sub-4m 5-seater monocoque rival (ignoring the Premier Rio) to cause worry for Ford, then Tata have reason to be even more worried. The Nexon faces an uphill struggle even before its launch.
Tata should not be worried at all I dont think they will be foolish to daydream that they can challenge Brezza. However, IMHO Nexon will create a niche market for itself with people wanting more space and next gen looks going to it ( I am so so sold on it )
adg_andy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:35   #386
BHPian

Quote:
The pricing is spot on!

The guys at Ford India must be a very, very worried lot now! They need to do something drastic to keep potential EcoSport (especially TDCI) customers from walking into the nearest Maruti Suzuki showroom and driving out in a Brezza.

It is the same price points where the Ecosport TDCi was sitting when we took delivery of one almost 3 years back.

Ford let the sweet spot open with subsequent price hikes and Maruti just moved into that. Nexon will be a little more premium priced that Brezza is now going by what they were speaking at the auto expo stand. I totally agree it is going to be a uphill task for both Ford and Tata's (may be a little more tougher for Tata's). But at the end of the day unlike sedan segment IMO it will more probably grow the sub-compact crossover segment rather than cannibalising the sales of competitions. And IMO Ford does have a elegantly ageing machine on their side to fight another 2+ years.
johannskaria is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:37   #387
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
However, IMHO Nexon will create a niche market for itself with people wanting more space and next gen looks going to it ( I am so so sold on it )
+1
Nexon is in different league comparing to this. But they will pay the price if they are not launching it by Diwali.
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:39   #388
BHPian

Very competitive pricing I would say. They could have looked at Ecosport's prices and matched that, but they didn't, and priced it much lower.

The lower variants of Ecosport are bare bones (Example, Diesel Trend MT ex showroom price is close to 9Lakh and it doesn't even get a driver airbag!!), I am sure they will be cramming features in the car now. Good work Maruti, once again.
Old 8th March 2016, 17:41   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
This looks like another one of Maruti Suzuki's Blockbusters.

If they can introduce a petrol variant later (maybe the Boosterjet) at a lower price point I will seriously think about this.

I do feel these prices are slightly higher than what some people expected but overall not a bad price especially considering the stuff coming as standard in the ZDi+.

Ideally most of us BHPians would be looking at only the prices of the LDi (O), VDi(O) and ZDi/ ZDi+, the non (O) versions are not that much cheaper to change the buying decision here especially if you look at the ~ 15k difference between the LDi and LDi (O) (Taking Mumbai prices, Delhi's never indicative of the rest of the country)
Petrol engines like boosterjet wont be that cheap I believe. It would take atleast 6 months or more to produce and get them in the market. ZDi+ has got all features of SCross Alpha except for the leather upholstery and the pricing is reasonable. I was looking at ZDi variant as its got all practical features like projector headlamps and steering mounted controls with all things which make it look as in the advts and brochures. ZDi+ has things to show off like push start button and automatic lamps+wipers.

Quote:
The pricing is spot on! The difference for the safety option pack is very reasonable, and I request BHPians to go only for the (O) variants if they are looking at the LDi or VDi.

If there is a slight irritant, it's the ZDi+ variant costing just over the one million mark in some cities. This would take this particular variant into the next road tax slab. They should have "adjusted" this in order to ensure the price did not go over 999,999 rupees in any city.

Also, if it had a petrol option, the starting price could have been even lower.

Expect big booking numbers and long waiting periods. It may cannibalise some of its own stablemates such as the Swift, Dzire, Baleno, Ciaz, Ertiga and S-Cross, but Maruti Suzuki would only be too glad to let that happen. The Vitara Brezza is going to set their cash registers ringing loudly!

I hope people don't buy the non (O) versions as the difference is not that much and the life saving effect is much more. It would attract customers from all segments.

Nexon at best may eat some of Ford's share. If there will be any.

My dealers in Goa have got no clue about the time of launch. How do I book now?

Last edited by anycatd : 8th March 2016 at 17:46. Reason: addition
anycatd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2016, 17:44   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the prices are quite decent. I would have loved to see the Delhi prices in Mumbai though. Just for that 14,000/- on ZDi+, the customers have to pay much more than in Delhi!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks