Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2018, 16:17   #496
Distinguished - BHPian

re: The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!

Suzuki Swift to be launched in India and Thailand in Feb, there will be differences in Engine(P) and transmissions being offered.

The 2018 next-gen Maruti Swift - Now Launched!-suzukiswifthybridrs2017.jpg

Thailand :

Quote:
Suzuki Swift 2018 will still use the K12C 1.200cc engine, but with a larger output power. Yep, power from the Suzuki Swift 2018 engine in Thailand is 91 PS at 6,000 rpm and torque was also greater that 118 PS at 4,400 rpm. There will be no diesel variant in the Suzuki Swift 2018 version of Thailand.

Thailand version will use CVT transmission.
India:
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki will rely on 1.200cc engine powered 84.3 PS at 6,000 rpm and 115 Nm torque at 4,000 rpm combined with 5 speed manual transmission and AGS 5 transmission
The five-speed manual transmission variants used in both countries are still the same.

Source
Old 8th January 2018, 16:39   #497
Team-BHP Support

One can only hope we get to see the higher output 1.2 Petrol. The engine is good even in the current form but could do with a bit more grunt.
Old 9th January 2018, 20:49   #498
BHPian

Now that Suzuki has started accepting bookings for this car, is there any speculation on when the launch would be or when the car would hit the roads?
Old 9th January 2018, 21:38   #499
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
One can only hope we get to see the higher output 1.2 Petrol. The engine is good even in the current form but could do with a bit more grunt.
The new Swift being lighter should help in it being more faster. Wonder why they can't give us the Thai tune as well.
Old 9th January 2018, 22:27   #500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The new Swift being lighter should help in it being more faster. Wonder why they can't give us the Thai tune as well.
The engine on the Thai Swift is slightly larger than 1200cc and would not qualify for the small car savings in India.
shimoo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 10:59   #501
BHPian

Hi,
Needed to buy a hatchback for the wife. Was waiting for the new swift.
My local dealership is Stan Autos, Mohali, Punjab.
Had registered my interest with them by calling their reception.
Got a call yesterday morning that the bookings were open and would i be interested.
On confirming, they said will visit in the evening to discuss.

Around 6.00 pm the team from stan comprising two sales persons came to my place. and booked the car.

Make : Maruti
Model : new swift 2018
Variant : Zxi
Fuel : Petrol
Booking Date : 09/01/2018
Color : Red
Delivery Date : to be intimated later on. probably end feb or early march
Freebies : None
Price : Rs 7 lakhs (expected)
Booking Amount : Rs 11,000

Few observations:
The lead salesperson was Ms. R accompanied by her senior Mr. K
She had brought a booking docket form of stan autos. Showed me the colours available on her mobile. I choose red. ( wife wanted red). I was a bit confused between the petrol and the diesel but on discussing my wife's daily run of about 20 to 25 km, Mr K advised to go in for a petrol model.
So booked Zxi+ in red.
Handed over a cheque for Rs 11,000 and that was that.
They sales team left only to return a couple of minutes later to inform me that new swift will not have a Zxi+ and the top variant will be Zxi.
Ok to that.
I requested them for a booking number. They said they will give me a receipt in the morning and also a booking number. My booking should be around 5 or 6 in this particular dealership.

Later, around 7.00 pm i called Ms R to ask about cancellation policy which I had earlier forgot to ask about in all the excitement. She said that the booking amount is fully refundable if i cancel.

Waiting for the car!!!
risham is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 12:18   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by risham View Post
Hi,
Waiting for the car!!!
Congrats on the booking!! I am looking forward to the new Swift as well. Could you clarify as to what colors the sales team said were available?
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 12:27   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Congrats on the booking!! I am looking forward to the new Swift as well. Could you clarify as to what colors the sales team said were available?
Thanks.
The colours shown by the sales team were
white
silver
dark grey
red

got a call this morning from Ms R to reconfirm red colour as i had asked her about cancellation of booking process.
So she said if i cancel a red car she is responsible for selling it to someone else. If i order white/silver/grey it is easier.
I told her to confirm the red.

regards
Old 10th January 2018, 12:36   #504
BHPian

Just now got a sms from "AM-MSILDL" with the text:
Dear customer, congratulations on choosing the NEW SWIFT. Your Booking No. is SOB1700XXXX at STAN AUTOS PVT. LTD.
Old 10th January 2018, 12:45   #505
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if already discussed, but is the New Swift being positioned below the Baleno or alongside ? I am wondering from a buyer perspective, what would drive the decision ? or its just usual Maruti game of offering multiple cars at the same price point so that customer will anyway have choice and pick up a Maruti only.

On a related note, the New Swift is definitely a good looking car and will probably cannibalise a part of the Baleno sales.
Old 10th January 2018, 13:29   #506
BHPian

Interesting to know that the new Swift won't have a ZXI+ version. Does that mean there won't be a version with the SmartPlay system? I really hope that Maruti doesn't skimp on the features to protect the Baleno.

I would like a Swift that is similar to the Baleno spec and feature wise but offering lesser interior room and a more sportier engine tune and suspension setup. The Dzire Z+ variants are already lower specced than the Baleno. Highly doubt if the Swift will get the same features, that too on the Z versions.
Old 10th January 2018, 13:41   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Not sure if already discussed, but is the New Swift being positioned below the Baleno or alongside ? I am wondering from a buyer perspective, what would drive the decision ? or its just usual Maruti game of offering multiple cars at the same price point so that customer will anyway have choice and pick up a Maruti only.

On a related note, the New Swift is definitely a good looking car and will probably cannibalise a part of the Baleno sales.
Very interesting point. This seems to be a common behavior from Maruti stable. Recently I happen to check Celerio but the highest model (zxi (o)) is somewhere above Sigma and Delta of Ignis. Surely highest model of Ignis will be midway or higher in Baleno models.
Then if Swift is coming in where will it be placed? Will it run parallel to Ignis or directly compete with Baleno? It appears that one needs to buy Alto 800 or Ciaz/S-Cross only , rest everything will just confuse you. I was trying to get a moderate car for my wife but looks like there is no end to make a choice. It appears only your budget plays a role to make a choice here .

Last edited by rajivtelang : 10th January 2018 at 13:48.
Old 10th January 2018, 20:44   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

The rear space in Swift must be sorted by Maruti. Rear space in Baleno is almost twice as compared a Swift!

Otherwise, yes, it certainly looks good in this avatar.
Old 10th January 2018, 21:17   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

The Hindu Businessline of 31/01/2017, gives a good account and details of the third generation Swift.

They are now calling it as the third generation Swift. The second generation was almost the same, with some little changes here and there, including much more arcuate headlights and taillights.

It should be the second generation Maruti Swift in 2018, if we are to go by the fact that the last model change was only a refresh job by MSIL.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...le10006971.ece

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 10th January 2018 at 21:31.
Old 10th January 2018, 21:47   #510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjan_c2007 View Post
It should be the second generation Maruti Swift in 2018, if we are to go by the fact that the last model change was only a refresh job by MSIL.
Even though it looked quite similar, it was not a refreshed version for sure. The platform, wheelbase etc were all different. It was genuinely a new generation.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (6) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks