Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 13:27   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Marazzo is to Crysta, what Xylo should have been to Innova. Better late than never.
In terms of pricing it has its own market now, right between Ertiga and Crysta. It won't hurt either.
Old 4th September 2018, 13:31   #512
BHPian

Shouldn't this car be compared to the Renault Lodgy and the Honda BR-V ? Why are all YouTube reviews comparing it to the Innova and Hexa (albeit to a lesser extent) ?

It sits in a different price segment

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th September 2018 at 17:20. Reason: As per report.
jalsa777 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 13:46   #513
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Shouldn't this car be compared to the Renault Lodgy and the Honda WR-V ? Why are all YouTube reviews comparing it to the Innova and Hexa (albeit to a lesser extent) ?
Honda BR-V, not WR-V. Diesel engined BR-V is priced at par with Marazzo for base, mid and top end models.
SmartCat is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:22   #514
BHPian

I think the Car ticks all the right boxes in terms of the feature lists and the basic requisites for being the segment offering.

The design is very balanced - the engine is just what it should have been.

Only thing is that this being an all new offering from Mahindra with some segment first (FWD - Transverse - Body on Frame) just hoping that the first year customers become guinea pigs.

This looks like 2000 units/month for at least first six months.
don_carmaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 14:40   #515
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Here's a review of the car by MotorBeam. And it is a full review at that-
One take away from the video, if anyone heard him say it, was that in the ECO Mode, the Marazzo makes a 100PS of power, down from 121PS in Normal Mode. That's a huge power loss I believe, but will be good in city driving to extract the maximum mileage from every drop of fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsa777 View Post
Shouldn't this car be compared to the Renault Lodgy and the Honda WR-V ? Why are all YouTube reviews comparing it to the Innova and Hexa (albeit to a lesser extent) ?

It sits in a different price segment
Exactly my thinking, and not WR-V (Compact SUV), but BR-V (MPVish SUV). I believe that the actual competitors are Ertiga, Xylo, Lodgy, BR-V and TUV300 Plus. Not Hexa, Crysta, Scorpio or XUV500. The latter are mostly SUVs, not MPVs (except maybe for Crysta and Hexa). But, to each his own.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th September 2018 at 16:48. Reason: Please avoid Quoting youtube links on replies.
Old 4th September 2018, 15:11   #516
Senior - BHPian

Just found this interesting article (link - https://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-...launch-1911033), so even before the Official Launch, DC Designs already had a copy of Marazzo to modify for displaying on the launch day.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dc5.jpg

Quote:
The customised Mahindra Marazzo comes with a bespoke cabin designed by Dilip Chhabria's DC Design. This customised cabin kit is suited people who plan to be chauffeur driven.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dc1.jpg

Quote:
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV has finally gone on sale in India with an aggressive price tag and a host of smart and comfort features. The MPV comes in four variants - M2, M4, M6, and M8, and Mahindra also offers a host of additional accessories to jazz up the Marazzo. However, for those who want a bit more extra and mainly plan to be chauffeur driven, the carmaker also offers a customised Marazzo MPV with a bespoke cabin, specially designed by Dilip Chhabria's DC Design.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dc2.jpg

Quote:
This customised cabin kit made by DC Design for the Mahindra Marazzo will be offered at the dealership level, and customers will get a bunch of options to make the MPV more luxurious. The entire dashboard has been updated, featuring premium faux wood panels with chrome inlays and faux-leather claddings. The multi-functional steering wheel and the door pads also feature faux wood and leather inserts along with courtesy lights, matching the dashboard design.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dc3.jpg

Quote:
The customised Marazzo also comes with specially designed power seats which are upholstered in premium faux leather. The middle row, in particular, comes with fully-automated seats with reclining function, extra legroom, motorised foot-rest and foldable seats and footrest. The rear passenger has access to a large capacitive touchscreen to control motorized seats and footrest, attached to the co-driver seat. Other features include Android TV, iPad and iPod housing, 12-Volt charger and a 7-litre fridge placed inside the rear centre console.
The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-dc4.jpg

Quote:
As for the exterior, there are no updates as part of the DC Design kit, however, Mahindra does offer an array of accessories and features. The models showcased at the event was based on the top-end M8 variant, featuring chrome grille, projector headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, 17-inch alloys, LED taillamps, and more. The car also comes with a bunch of standard safety features like dual airbags, ABS with EBD, all four disc brakes, and a segment-first emergency alert system that notifies authorities and family/friend once the airbags are deployed.

Under the hood, the Mahindra Marazzo comes with a 1.5-litre four-cylinder diesel engine that has been tuned to offer a maximum of 121 bhp and develops a peak torque of 300 Nm. The engine only comes mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox, and right now, there is no automatic transmission on offer.

Just calculated, at 1650 Kerb Weight, the BHP/Ton stands at 73.33, while the NM/Ton stands at 181.8 for the 121PS Normal Mode. In Eco Mode, this will reduce to 60.6BHP/Ton and don't know how much will the Torque be reduced in the Eco Mode. Comparatively, as per our Team BHP review of Lodgy, the 85PS model makes 61BHP/Ton and 146NM/Ton while the 110PS version makes 80BHP/Ton and 179NM/Ton. So, isn't Lodgy 110PS the better vehicle, power vise and not torque vise?

I was being questioned why suddenly the shift from Marazzo to Lodgy and why suddenly it has gained such significance in the discussion on Marazzo!!

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 4th September 2018 at 15:31. Reason: Added more details
AdityaDeane is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:18   #517
BHPian

To people saying that Marazzo is underpowered, I have seen 7/8 people (sometimes more than that) travelling in the Omni/Eeco and the cars used to be "flying" in highways literally. The main concern would be the reliability of the engine as it is new to the market.

Also, I feel it will be tough for Marazzo to even replicate the success of Xylo during its initial years (during 2009/10/11/12), when Xylo has consistently sold more than 2000 units (it was manage to outsell the old Innova for couple of months. ).

Sales numbers of Xylo, in comparison to other MUVs/SUVs available during its launch for years 2009/10/11/12.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-muv_suv_sales_200912.png
jpcoolguy is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:28   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
One take away from the video, if anyone heard him say it, was that in the ECO Mode, the Marazzo makes a 100PS of power, down from 121PS in Normal Mode. That's a huge power loss I believe, but will be good in city driving to extract the maximum mileage from every drop of fuel.
AC stops working and there is the ABS light that is on throughout.. this on a new vehicle, not good. Mahindra should have been mindful of these things.
vinair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 15:43   #519
Senior - BHPian

No offense to prospective buyers, but I found the Marazzo quite boring. I did not find anything exciting about the car. I read lot of posts where people are complaining about a lot of essential features missing from the car, in spite of its high price.

I don't understand the hype behind the launch of Marazzo. I would rather buy the Ertiga, if I need an MPV and save some money for the fuel.
ajay_satpute is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:06   #520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
No offense to prospective buyers, but I found the Marazzo quite boring. I did not find anything exciting about the car. I read lot of posts where people are complaining about a lot of essential features missing from the car, in spite of its high price.

I don't understand the hype behind the launch of Marazzo. I would rather buy the Ertiga, if I need an MPV and save some money for the fuel.
Totally agree to you. Well the design is much better than any other models from Mahindra, however it is not exciting. It looks just like any other car. Even the dashboard is somewhat similar to Maruti S cross. Rival Tata motors have mastered in designing the cars and I realised it more after visiting the pavilions of both manufacturers at Auto Expo 2018.
tushky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 19:26   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Here's a review of the car by MotorBeam. And it is a full review at that-
As per the video, the ABS light was on and A/C was not working. I truly hope it's just one of the instance and QC is not at fault here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th September 2018 at 20:33. Reason: Removing youtube URL for quoted post.
Old 4th September 2018, 20:00   #522
Senior - BHPian

A decent effort from Mahindra. Yet to check out the car in flesh. The bottle holders not accessible with the doors closed is a big downer. After all the Muvs are all about practicality.

The AC not working and the ABS down indicates niggles, just the way the XUV started. Will not comment on the ride and handling until I get my hands on the test drive vehicle.

For all the hoopla on the shark design, least Mahindra could do is to provide the Shark fin antenna as a standard fitment.:
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 23:06   #523
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Mahindra has a winner here. Ertiga has competition now and folks dont mind paying 2 lakhs more for a much bigger, wider & more premium feel MPV!

The M4 is for the fleet operators, so its fair to have it low on features. I thought they got the variants right. Its never possible to please everyone as some features will be missing.

I am worried about body roll though. Not so much about lack of power!
Equus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 23:21   #524
BHPian

A little OT to the thread, I just noticed how Mahindra likes its product names ending with an 'O' sound. Sample these -

From the motorcycle, scooter segment -

Duro, Gusto, Rodeo, Centuro, Pantero, Mojo

And 4 wheelers

Xylo, XUV 500, TUV 300, Scorpio, Verito, KUV100, Marazzo, Bolero, Supro...
Old 4th September 2018, 23:32   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post

Xylo, XUV 500, TUV 300, Scorpio, Verito, KUV100, Marazzo, Bolero, Supro...
True. And looks like Armada/Armada Grand were the last Mahindras without a O ending name
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks