Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2018, 10:15   #496
BHPian

Re: The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinayak View Post
Not counting half-baked products like Bolt, Zest - Tata Motors, in the recent past, has launched Tiago, Tigor, Nexon and Hexa, which are head and shoulders above the half-baked KUV-100 or the TUV 300 (in terms of product offerings in their respective segments).
As a owner of KUV I completely agree. I would rather have Mahindra extensively test their products before releasing them. The fuel lid opening mechanism in my KUV is a mess and lack of reliability for even such simple functions/parts spoil your ownership experience. And those innumerable rattles and issues which crop up after a few months make you really feel like a guinea pig. Though Mahindra service centres try to sort out most issues, who has the time to take the vehicle there for every issue that crops up. Sorry for .

Coming to Marazzo, it is disappointing that option of 6/7 airbags is not available for customers who are willing to pay extra for safety. Individual buyers who are concerned about safety may look at other options.
drjkonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:16   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
Yours truly developed the color configurator shown here https://www.mahindramarazzo.com/experience-360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thermodynamics View Post
Nice job. I like the truly 360 rotation, the tool is super smooth unlike the most. Playing with the configurator was fun.
Seconded - it was smooth, not glitchy at all, and responsive to the mouse. Nice one, Kommandogerät!
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:26   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
I think this should make a lot of people happy who are looking for a MPV.
In the pic, the knee room seems as inadequate as 3rd row on any other car. Maybe it seem so as the underthigh support seems less. Which would be uncomfortable on longer drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Read a comment on Youtube "Shark inspired design, yet does not have a shark fin antenna"
I was about to say the same. However, the colour configurator tool has the shark fin antenna.
Also, being inspired by a shark and an aircraft at the same time? Perhaps there are a few other parts that would be inspired by the 3 other elements?

My colleague commented that it looks less like a shark and more like a whale.

Last edited by selfdrive : 4th September 2018 at 10:28.
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:34   #499
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommandogerät View Post
Yours truly developed the color configurator shown here https://www.mahindramarazzo.com/experience-360
Awesome work. Just like old Need for Speed computer game!
Old 4th September 2018, 10:38   #500
BHPian

I thought the intro to the car with the shark and the 'concerned' design staff was quite comical. Looked like a parody of sorts.

I noticed that the overhang of the windscreen and cowl assembly is quite severe over the engine bay. Good luck removing the battery or even accessing the rear of the engine without shooting yourself.

The Mahindra Marazzo MPV. EDIT: Now launched-mm4.jpg

Also, I wonder why other global OEMs haven't done this 'transverse engine with a ladder frame and front wheel drive layout'. The ladder is so heavy and probably why Mahindra hasn't mentioned the weight in its specifications.

Furthermore, twist beam suspension on a ladder frame? I really want to see the underbody of this car. Seems unnecessarily complicated.
qr20de is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:52   #501
Senior - BHPian

I believe that Mahindra will launch a M10 variant around New Year to fill the gaps at the price of Base Model of Crysta to win more customers from the market, with features missing in the current top model, i.e.:
* 6 or 7 Airbags
* Keyless Entry (Smart Key with Remote)
* Auto Headlamps / Wipers
* Shark Fin Antenna
* Start/Stop Button
* Telescopic Steering
* Sunroof
* Roof Rails
* Auto Dimming IRVM
* Maybe even Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
* Maybe even Lounge Lighting
* Maybe even Wireless Charging
* Maybe even Cooled/Heated Front Seats

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
It is bigger than Ertiga and Lodgy with the total length being the same as XUV.
If you compare carefully, Lodgy has an even longer Wheelbase, translating to better interior ergonomics. All this at a cheaper price and providing similar features for less than 1-1.5 Lakh and a Tumble Fold 3rd Row Seat for more luggage, which is even removable from the base variant itself unlike in Marazzo. It is more frugal as well. So, Lodgy is better for city and hills, where wider cars are more difficult to park and pass on narrow roads. Even Crysta gets stuck in narrow roads up in Mussoorie, where I lived till about 2 years ago, and this is even wider than Crysta.

I love that it has all 4 Disc Brakes, is Front, Side and Rear Crash Test safe/ready and has more Power and Torque than Lodgy, but then as s customer I have to look at more things than just the power and torque, especially dimensions for using it where I need to take it back often. For someone like me, living near the hills and going up often, I would love to pick Lodgy in comparison to Marazzo because it is cheaper to buy and run, and because of it's dimensions that suit my usage. Or I may just look at the Ertiga because of more compactness and because I am the tallest in the family at 5'8", so we can manage with a car not built for 6 footers in the rear seats.

Just my 2 cents as a future customer for 7/8 Seaters in about 6-12 months.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 4th September 2018 at 11:09. Reason: Added more details
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:53   #502
BHPian

I watched the launch video yesterday. Pretty dull affair. I don't know why they feel compelled to have their senior leadership present when they don't have any presentation skill. Mr. Anand Mahindra actually looked silly chasing the shark.

Coming to the car... Looking through the eyes of a guy who bought the XUV despite the quirky exterior and interior... The design is really nice to behold, both inside and out. A few things that I noticed:

1. The car is not as practical as the XUV. They screwed up with the front armrests, telescopic steering etc.
2. I really don't get the benefit of the body on frame chassis for what is going to be a road-going vehicle. Does anyone have a problem with the durability of monocoque chassis? On the other hand, the weight loss, improvement in handling and improved interior room are clear benefits. It may have even worked better with the 1.5L engine
3. The third row seems very usable! I wonder why they can't engineer a third row that folds flush into the floor. Must be because of the body on frame
kovilkalai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 10:58   #503
Team-BHP Support

Whats with the new found love for Lodgy?

That car was launched in 2015 and went on to become a major flop. Now suddenly a lot of comparisons and people want to buy Lodgy instead?

Some even suspect Marazzo is a Lodgy with a new ladder frame chassis instead of monocuque, new body, new interiors and a new engine and transmission options. Basically all new and not that there is the tiniest resemblance between the two - but still it could be a Lodgy because Mahindra had licenced a Renault product a decade ago.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 4th September 2018 at 11:28.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:13   #504
Senior - BHPian

I believe Marazzo is based on sibling Xylo, than the competitor Lodgy.
Proof is in pudding, the wheelbase is same & length & width identical. Even tyre sizes are identical, barring for bigger rim & smaller tyrewall in the new product. Interestingly, the fuel tank is gone smaller as the smaller & efficient (expected) engine.
My 2 cents
CARDEEP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 11:16   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Just passed by a Marazzo. Looks quite good - better than the typical Mahindra. Nice presence, and engine sounded quite refined.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:08   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Whats with the new found love for Lodgy?

That car was launched in 2015 and went on to become a major flop. Now suddenly a lot of comparisons and people want to buy Lodgy instead?
Reason One :-
Marazzo and Lodgy are similarly priced and specced vehicles with 7/8 Seat Options. So, even though Mahindra may claim that Marazzo has no direct competition, we all knew from long back that Marazzo will compete in the MPV/MUV space with Ertiga, Lodgy, Xylo, TUV300 Plus, Crysta, etc., and thus the comparison. Yes, compared to the base variants of Lodgy (without Airbags), Marazzo has safety features as standard in all variants, which is good if you are planning to buy a lower variant, and then Marazzo makes more sense, safety aspect vise. But for the top most models, I am not convinced.

Reason Two :-
Everyone has their budget constraints and usage preferences. The pricing of Marazzo has suddenly made Lodgy stand out as a much better and cheaper alternative suiting the usage of people from the hilly regions and in need of proper 7/8 seaters, for which the Ertiga or even the next gen Ertiga are still too small and not exactly 7/8 seaters, but just 5+2 seaters. Lodgy looked quite expensive in comparison to Ertiga and with Maruti's ASS availability and reliability. But now, in comparison to Mahindra's ASS, a proven Renault product seems more compelling.

Reason Three :-
Like in my thread on my Tata Nano Twist XT ownership (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ip-report.html (Tata Nano Twist XT: 4-year ownership report)), at 2.69 Lakhs (on road), my Tata Nano Twist XT seemed much better equipped and featured than 2.65 Lakhs (ex showroom) Alto800 Standard.

Likewise, at Rs.11.82 Lakhs (ex showroom) Lodgy RxZ 110PS 7 seater seems more VFM compared to Rs.13.9 Lakhs (ex showroom) for Marazzo M8 as it has practically the same set of features, but Marazzo is much Wider and Longer for usage conditions of people like "ME" who have to drive their cars in hilly regions with narrow roads, while the Lodgy also gives a longer Wheelbase and more versatility than Marazzo (tumble fold 3rd row seat, or completely removable 3rd row seat, or option to buy a 7/8 seater top variant).

Reason Four :-
Lodgy gives you 7 and 8 seat versions at same cost, Marazzo costs 5K more for 8 seater models. Lodgy even has an 8 seater model in the top variant, which Marazzo does not offer.

Do not look at it in a generalized point of view, the Lodgy specifically addresses my requirements, except for a Diesel Automatic or Petrol Automatic (my daily running is very low) option. Even the Marazzo also does not offer those combinations as of now, but I would like to put my money on a trusted engine and platform from Renault which costs me less to buy (almost 2 Lakh lesser) and run, than on a new platform, engine and layout from Mahindra which is quite more expensive to buy and run, and needs to prove it's mettle in real world conditions as a future prospective customer.

I can live with 11PS less power (in Lodgy 110PS variant) and 55NM less torque, but I cannot live with a wide body car which will cause traffic jams on my frequented Mullingar Climb (in Mussoorie) where even Crystas, and old Innova almost scratch each other due to the narrow road.

Hope I have made the point clear!!
AdityaDeane is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:31   #507
BHPian

While a comparison to Ertiga and Lodgy is expected since all of them fall into the same category as MPV, coming up with theories like the Marazzo is based on Lodgy is a far cry.

Looking at the pictures and videos floating on the internet, Marazzo does seems like a decent product for the market. And M&M will be able to capture a good deal of the taxi market with the 8 seaters. Especially if someone doesn't want to stretch their budget to get an Innova but don't want to settle for an Ertiga or Lodgy, this one will be a good bet.

Also, people talking about the closeness to the XUV pricing, the customer base for an Marazzo and XUV are going to be very different and cross shopping between these two models wouldn't be too much of a worry to M&M either.
R-Six is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:39   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
If you compare carefully, Lodgy has an even longer Wheelbase, translating to better interior ergonomics. All this at a cheaper price and providing similar features for less than 1-1.5 Lakh and a Tumble Fold 3rd Row Seat for more luggage, which is even removable from the base variant itself unlike in Marazzo.
Wheelbase is only one of the criteria. The external dimensions are as follows:

Lodgy: 4498mm L x 1751mm W x 1709mm H

Marazzo: 4585mm L x 1866mm W x 1774mm H

Marazzon is much bigger in external dimensions and this will translate into interior space as well. So visually, Marazzo is as big as the XUV in length while having marginally lesser width and height.
Old 4th September 2018, 12:46   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Shapur Kotwal just confirmed what many of us have been feeling - the Marazzo is underpowered.

Well that's what me and many have been feeling and it's confirmed now ? Perhaps soon Mahindra may upgrade its engine to mHawk , say, just like what it did with TUV300? For potential customers like me, that would be a genuine and welcome upgrade. I say this although, it is too early to comment how market would respond to the present car.
Old 4th September 2018, 13:05   #510
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Here's a review of the car by MotorBeam. And it is a full review at that-

I agree with most of the points stated out by them.

The car does have a few glaring issues-

1. Lack of a few features which you'd expect from a car costing 17L. But MPVs in the past have gotten away with having fewer features. Let's see if this one gets away with it, specially since now you have an updated Crysta GX and the upcoming Ertiga which should offer a petrol as well as an automatic right from the start.

2. Lean distribution of features. Much like the Scorpio than the XUV. They are offering steering mounted controls only from the M6 variant. Something this basic should be standard in a car which is supposedly going to cost 12-17L on road. Even automatic climate control is going to be available only on the top end M8 variant which is even much worse than what VW does with the Polo and the Ameo Comfortline. And the biggest miss are the reverse parking sensors from the lower variants(could have been given from the M4). And then you have the missing DRLs in every variant but the top.

There are a few more points as well like projectors being available only from the M6(could have given it from M4 onwards), reverse camera available only on the M8(could have provided on M6 as well) and android auto/carplay available only on the top end variant(could have provided on M6 as well). Now the last three points are a matter of perspective, but you get the drift. They could have taken care of at least one or two of the above three points.

While I am pretty sure that the Mahindra will have much better build quality and a much more opulent cabin than the upcoming Ertiga, most of the customers who will cross shop between these 2 segments, won't mind switching to the trusted Maruti brand and settle with the Ertiga and get much more features and a similar 1.5 diesel engine for their money. Also, I do find the cabin of the upcoming Ertiga more appealing than the Marazzo's design and layout wise. I see this car selling around 1.5k units per month.

Last edited by AYP : 4th September 2018 at 13:25.
AYP is offline   (9) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks