Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2019, 08:24   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Re: The Kia Seltos SUV (SP Concept). EDIT : Launched at Rs. 9.69 lakhs

For all those who were holding their bookings in anticipation of a GST Rate cut:

Quote:
The GST Council is slated to announce a rate cut for automobile components and sub-four metre cars when it meets on September 20. Discussions are being held on whether to cut both GST rates and the cess on automobiles.
Source

So I guess the Seltos and the Hector wouldn't really come under the purview.

The only hope is that auto loans might get cheaper post Oct 1.
coolkurt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 09:17   #2597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
So I sent the cancellation email to the customer care lady at Allied motors and even told her on the phone that I want to cancel my booking. Success has clearly gone to Kia's head and I'm glad to not be a part of this, not right now atleast.

Are you talking about Allied Motors in Noida ? We had initially booked 4 Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT (all are corporate bookings) with them on tuesday that is 3rd september but decided to cancel one booking & they gladly oblidged . The cheque will be handed over on Monday for the cancelled booking .
Old 7th September 2019, 09:40   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Are you talking about Allied Motors in Noida ? We had initially booked 4 Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT (all are corporate bookings) with them on tuesday that is 3rd september but decided to cancel one booking & they gladly oblidged . The cheque will be handed over on Monday for the cancelled booking .

Yes. This is at Allied Motors, Noida. Maybe the difference is that you booked 4 cars
Old 7th September 2019, 09:41   #2599

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksv View Post
Yesterday a dealer in Bangalore claimed to have delivered 50 out of the 560 bookings they have received, all of them in the TechLine trim.
I have seen at least 3 of them on my way back home from work at different places yesterday. 1 red and 2 whites. Deliveries are happening for sure.
Old 7th September 2019, 09:41   #2600
BHPian

Any expert comments on the longevity of GDI engines in general. Reviews from the west on this kia/Hyundai TGDI engine are not very encouraging. They say

1. The engine is very sensitive to quality of fuel used.
2. The injectors work at very high pressure and have finer orifice as compared to MPI. There is a common problem of those choking up.
3. The piston rings worn out fast due to very high temperatures in the chamber.
4. As a result TGDI is prone to eating up engine oil and need periodic top ups.

I guess VW/Skoda TSI is a GDI as well. Do similar issues are observed on the TSIs.

I am confused between a Seltos 1.5 NA or 1.4 TGDI. Since i wish to keep it for a decade hence worried about longevity. My present drives are all NA petrols and they have been “fill it forget it” type of workhorses.

Last edited by hydraulicsteer : 7th September 2019 at 09:42.
hydraulicsteer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 09:46   #2601
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Yes. This is at Allied Motors, Noida. Maybe the difference is that you booked 4 cars

Please talk to Ayushman or his team leader Rajkumar they could help you out & I agree that the four corporate bookings might have helped our case a lot.
Old 7th September 2019, 11:45   #2602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonsharim View Post
I have seen at least 3 of them on my way back home from work at different places yesterday. 1 red and 2 whites. Deliveries are happening for sure.
I saw couple in Jayanagar T block , the wine red color one looked stunning in the evening sun light. Still can’t get my head around the fact that it has only 2 air bags for such a good looking and well made vehicle.
Old 7th September 2019, 14:30   #2603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydraulicsteer View Post

I am confused between a Seltos 1.5 NA or 1.4 TGDI. Since i wish to keep it for a decade hence worried about longevity. My present drives are all NA petrols and they have been “fill it forget it” type of workhorses.
1.4 L is a 'direct injection' as well as 'Turbocharged', which always makes it complex and unreliable compared to a NA engine. I was also surprised to know that the DI petrol engines produce particulate matter similar to diesel engines.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 14:58   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Any expert comments on the longevity of GDI engines in general. Reviews from the west on this kia/Hyundai TGDI engine are not very encouraging.

A turbo petrol engine always needs higher maintenance than a normally aspirated engine. The engineering is far more complex and expensive.

1)You cannot delay your routine service of the car which you may be able to do in the case of a regular engine. (It does require regular top-ups of high grade synthetic engine oil)

2) Fuel quality will not affect a turbo petrol engine that much (after BS6 norms, fuel quality is only going to go up, which is April 2020)

There are no reliability issues as such, if you maintain your car well. You just have to be a little careful but you do get a more peppier engine for it.
Vedant Gupta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 17:34   #2605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I guess VW/Skoda TSI is a GDI as well. Do similar issues are observed on the TSIs.

Own a Vento TSI that is close to 6 years now. Have not had any additional maintenance activities or issues for the tsi. Different variants of the turbo petrol have been around in all the Skoda / Volkswagen cars for a long time now. Have not heard any major concern about the tsi motor. I don't think you need to worry too much about buying a turbo petrol. It will be more enjoyable than an NA petrol.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 17:40   #2606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My present drives are all NA petrols and they have been “fill it forget it” type of workhorses.
Also please keep in mind the '1 minute rule' about idling the turbo engine before shutting it off. This is a small nuisance you need to live with.
Guna is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 18:31   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by psbali View Post
I am confused between Diesel HTE and Petrol HTK. There is a minor difference in their price and HTE has everything that I need in a car.

Is the 1.5l diesel engine good? Will it last long without niggles and not become harsh after 1lac kms?

Arrived at the decision of going for petrol considering how the car is going to drive past 1lac or so kms. But there is barely any price difference. And one thing is sure that petrol engine are refined even post 1 to 1.5 Lac kms.

Some help please.
for HTE Diesel and HTK Petrol (both with 9.9L ex-showroom price)
If only engine is concern, I'm sure CRDi Diesel Engine longevity as well as performance is more than NA petrol engine, as many have expressed this in this thread. So for person aspiring longevity and performance only, HTE diesel should be choice.

Feature Wise: HTK Petrol will have more features than HTE Diesel: 8 inch touchscreen infotainment with Andoid Auto/Apple Car Play, Rear View Camera, Projector Fog Lamps, Roof Rails, electrically adjustable ORVMs(not foldable), 6 speakers(4 in HTE) and few more
But Diesel HTE will have all 4 Disc Brakes as compared to only 2 in Petrol.

Without above features, car interiors look like a decade old :/

Cost Analysis: Assuming FE 16-18 km/l for Diesel and 10-11 for Petrol and fuel prices in Delhi
and 0.5 rs per km maintenance for NA petrol and 1 rs per km for turbo diesel (please correct me if I'm wrong here)
Petrol HTK will cause: 7-7.5 Rs per KM vs Diesel HTE's 4.5-5 Rs per KM, means Rs 2.5 per km lesser for Diesel

Also, I think Diesel might get better Resale Value than petrol as for people who go for second hand mid-sized SUVs, mileage matter a lot.
for example, a 4 year old 50k run Diesel Ecosport get more than 1.5 lac than similar petrol ecosport, 1 Lac price difference for Creta(as per cars24 website).
SahilS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 18:57   #2608
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos black top

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishk123 View Post
I've ordered a Kia Seltos in pearl white shade. I wanted to paint/use film on the top to make it black. The company is giving an option for a painted black top at around Rs.25k extra. Is it better to get this from the company or have it done outside. Pls advise.
Hi Manish

Can you please confirm the model that you booked? I am in a similar situation but the Kia people told me that dual tone is not available for models with sunroof.

Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 19:00   #2609
BHPian

Got the price list from my SA for GTX+ DCT and Diesel AT, both priced at 1699000.
govs is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 19:32   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Got the price list from my SA for GTX+ DCT and Diesel AT, both priced at 1699000.
Can you share the snap shot of the pricing ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks