Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2019, 15:04   #3451
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Rushlane are being a bit too speculative here
Ofcourse
But apart from Rushlane antics,

If we look at Tata's strategy with the Nexon, Kraz, Tiago, NRG, JTP, etc it would not be difficult to expect Tata to come up with a Dual Tone Harrier soon.
Tata already does Dual Tone on the Nexon, and later updated its white ceramic belt with Grey finish in 2019. So doing a Dual Tone on the Harrier is no big deal.

No Dual Tone Harrier at the launch? seemed to be a held back feature, only to be introduced with a Bang later on.

Tata has been adding and deleting features in every few months with its launches.

Clearly, a strategy to pique the interest of new buyers and keep the segment alive.

Last edited by JS Kwt : 20th March 2019 at 15:16.
JS Kwt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2019, 17:51   #3452
BHPian

Re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Autoportal speculates that the Harrier JTP could get JLR's 2.0 Ingenium engine in a 240 PS tune. Link to article-

https://autoportal.com/news/tata-har...ine-14610.html

I find this quite hard to believe since it will send the costs through the roof! I don't even think that Tata will launch a Harrier JTP. They haven't even launched a Petrol, AWD or even an AT version as of now and this segment(Compact Performance SUV) doesn't even exist in our market!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS Kwt View Post
No Dual Tone Harrier at the launch? seemed to be a held back feature, only to
be introduced with a Bang later on.
I think it will be launched along with the Buzzard so as to let some interest build up since the Buzzard will be in the limelight at that time.

Cheers!

Last edited by porsche_guy : 20th March 2019 at 18:03. Reason: Adding link
porsche_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 17:32   #3453
BHPian

How the Harrier looks from the rearview glass of a hatchback :P.
:

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20190322-5.30.44-pm.jpeg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-22.jpeg

The LED glow is bluer than I initially expected, more like the Toyotas than the VWs/Skodas.

Last edited by sharktale : 22nd March 2019 at 17:34.
sharktale is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 19:42   #3454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
Autoportal speculates that the Harrier JTP could get JLR's 2.0 Ingenium engine in a 240 PS tune. Link to article-

https://autoportal.com/news/tata-har...ine-14610.html

I find this quite hard to believe since it will send the costs through the roof! I don't even think that Tata will launch a Harrier JTP. They haven't even launched a Petrol, AWD or even an AT version as of now and this segment(Compact Performance SUV) doesn't even exist in our market!

I am not surprised at all.

There are only a very few engine designs in the world, and things like control electronics, and some amount of metallurgy differentiate them.
The ingenium has the same source geometry that AVL used to develop the Mahindra MHawk and Tata VTT Dicor, and even Ford used for their 2.2 Diesel.

The 2.2 Lit version ie 550cc/cylinder version has 85X96 bore stroke.
While the 500cc/ cylinder version has 83X92 bore stroke.

If you see the MHawk 1.5 in TUV300 and the 2.0 Lit NCR version of XUV Scorpio and Xylo, valve geometry, etc is the same.

The JLR R&D facility at Gaydon were working on their own engine, as they were using Ford engines for nearly a decade. The major difference was that Ford and AVL(Tata & Mahindra) used cast iron block, while the JLR inhouse engineers used an Aluminum block, later in development stage they increased stroke fractionally from 92mm to 92.3mm, retaining same 83mm bore.

All engines here ie AVL, Ford or JLR are also modular, so they can be made in 3,4,5 or 6 cylinders with 500cc/cylinder or 550 cc per cylinder. Not only that the geometry is such that it suits turbo charged diesels, as well as turbo petrol engines with torque in lower range that are used in 4X4 vehicles.
With Hybridization preceding electrification in most of the worlds high reeving petrol engines will disappear, and rpm's will drop when the next emission norms post Euro 6 are introduced.

Finally JLR belongs to Tata, so they can very well use these engines in their other vehicles. So leave alone H7X even the next Hexa, or Storm getting this engine is a possibility.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2019, 21:01   #3455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahul Rao View Post
Finally JLR belongs to Tata, so they can very well use these engines in their other vehicles. So leave alone H7X even the next Hexa, or Storm getting this engine is a possibility
I'm not shocked on this fact. What I am surprised is the 240PS power figure. That much power in a Harrier would make even the F Pace seem obsolete! 240PS is just unrealistic in a car costing less than 2 million.

Cheers!
porsche_guy is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 01:29   #3456
BHPian

I've finally got the vehicle delivered to me. I'd made the booking on 15th Feb and to my surprise the sales guy at Prerana motors, Rajajinagar called me up last week and informed that the vehicle is in transit and I had to make the payment the same week. I was a bit sceptical at first considering people weren't really getting any vehicles delivered and the waiting period indicated was 3 months. I assumed this had something to do with the escalation to TML and decided to make the payment after PDI. One thing that I really liked about Shashidhar (sales) is that he, unlike my prior experiences with sales chaps, never failed to pick my call even once throughout this month and ensured I stay updated until the delivery day. At the end of the day I'm happy and the vehicle is brilliant in city roads. I'm yet to take the vehicle on a highway.

Here are a couple of pictures from the dealership.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img20190322wa0014.jpg
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20190322_175856.jpg
soji is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 06:24   #3457
BHPian

The Hitch #LoveAtFirstDrive
Tata Motors announces its upcoming Harrier VIVO IPL TV Campaign Press kit

Tata Motors- Signs Bollywood talent Fatima Sana Sheikh and Siddhant Chaturvedi as the face for their new campaign-

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-20190323_070427.jpg
https://t.co/FjtmSFx6Vq

Press Release Excerpt
Quote:

22 March, 2019

In a build up to the commencement of the much-awaited VIVO IPL 2019, Tata Motors today announced a TV campaign comprising a ‘Mini-Series’ of TV Ads, that hinges on the story of ‘Love At First Drive’. After an extremely successful partnership last season, Tata Motors will showcase its newly-launched, flagship SUV –Harrier, at the vaunted tournament this year.

About the campaign:

Depicting the superlative quality of the Harrier, the Mini-Series will feature the highly acclaimed and celebrated Bollywood talents, Siddhant Chaturvedi from Gully Boy and Fatima Sana Shaikh of Dangal fame.

Scheduled for a nationwide release on 23rd March, this campaign is set to add a further dash of glamour to the Harrier and tell the story of how the SUV with its stunning and bold design, impressive road presence and performance creates an impression which is beyond ‘love at first sight’. Highlighting the Company’s association with the league for the second consecutive year, these TVCs will be played throughout the 50 days of the IPL season, well supported on ground and digital platforms.

Commenting on the campaign, Mr. Vivek Srivatsa, Head – Marketing, Passenger Vehicles Business Unit, Tata Motors, said – “The first year of our association with the IPL proved to be a game changer for our much celebrated, compact SUV, the Tata Nexon which won many hearts and is now one of the leading players in its segment. We are confident that the 12th season of the IPL will be much bigger in terms of viewership and spectators at the stadiums. Through the ‘Love at First Drive’ campaign for the Harrier, we want to capture the audience’s attention in a manner that is both clutter breaking and eye-catching. Furthermore, Siddhant and Fatima embody the spirit of the Harrier and lend their individual style and appeal to the campaign. We are confident that the TVCs will project the right imagery for the Harrier and will help the brand to capture the imagination of a billion plus audience, just like the IPL itself.”

As an official partner, the all-new Harrier will be showcased in across stadiums. As part of this association, Tata Motors will continue to strengthen its existing IPL properties the ‘Harrier Super Striker’ and ‘Harrier Fan Catch’. Harrier Super Striker Award is for the player with highest batting strike rate in every match. In addition, the Harrier Super Striker of the season will drive home the all-new Harrier at the end of the season. The Harrier Fan Catch award of INR 1 Lakh is for the fan who takes a single-handed catch of a six during the match. Also, one lucky fan who wins the most popular Harrier Fan Catch of the season will drive home a Tata Motors car.
Facebook
Tata Motors

Last edited by JS Kwt : 23rd March 2019 at 06:43.
JS Kwt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 07:44   #3458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
I've finally got the vehicle delivered to me.
Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you many happy miles with this beauty! It surely looks brilliant in white!

I remember reading about you wanting to change the alloys, was it? Any further thoughts on that? Also, any plans on getting the roof blacked out? Looks great on the white body from what I've seen in some photos.

Also, you had posted about having to pay handling charges. Were you able to get it waived off and had to pay it?
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 08:01   #3459
BHPian

Thank you!

Though I'm not sure about the roof, I'd definitely have the alloys painted black. Does the blacked out roof make the car feel shorter in height or is it just me ?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get the logistics charges waived off even after multiple requests and interventions from TML; looks like there's a central body in Karnataka which sets these charges across all dealerships in Karnataka.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Wishing you many happy miles with this beauty! It surely looks brilliant in white!

I remember reading about you wanting to change the alloys, was it? Any further thoughts on that? Also, any plans on getting the roof blacked out? Looks great on the white body from what I've seen in some photos.

Also, you had posted about having to pay handling charges. Were you able to get it waived off and had to pay it?
Old 23rd March 2019, 08:06   #3460
BHPian

The third Harrier to be delivered in Goa as per the owner and probably first in South Goa.
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20190322_202308_222.jpg

Interesting bit: One random I-Know-It-All guy commented Tata cars don't sell well and to my surprise quite a few common junta around said new Tata cars are great and they do sell better than Maruti. Someone even compared Celario to Tiago. Mind you most of them were not enthusiasts but Tata is certainly making them take notice of the new cars.

Last edited by akshay380 : 23rd March 2019 at 08:07.
akshay380 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:26   #3461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soji View Post
Does the blacked out roof make the car feel shorter in height or is it just me ?
Could find two photographs of the white Harrier from side angle, posted earlier in this thread. One with white rooof and other with black. Did some editing to bring the photos to similar perspective. The black roof takes out the visual mass from the top and highlights the white body, hence might be making the car look shorter. Maybe others can comment.

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-roof-w.jpeg

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-roof-b.jpeg
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 09:41   #3462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche_guy View Post
I'm not shocked on this fact. What I am surprised is the 240PS power figure. That much power in a Harrier would make even the F Pace seem obsolete! 240PS is just unrealistic in a car costing less than 2 million.

I guess that the state of tune they offer for the Harrier will be 180ps or so.

For power more than that they will need to give a lower geometric compression, and higher turbo boost, this means very weak torque at idle, or a very fast idle, or an engine that can be used only with an diesel electric hybrid where re-start from dead stop will be purely electric, and engine will remain off and engage at a speed where engine rpm is 1300 or above.

Even with 200ps from a 2Lit turbo diesel the torque at idle will be on the lower side of what is desirable for a manual transmission,

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:20   #3463
Senior - BHPian

Tata Harrier roof gets vinyl wrap done for Rs 7k in Rajasthan – Video

(Source)

AdityaDeane is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 12:58   #3464
Senior - BHPian

Saw a Harrier for the first time on the road. It has really really good presence. I think in this respect it just blows away the competition. ( do expand the pic and see in the driver side mirror)
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-1deb584920c2438ca491d6d028e281cd.jpeg  

rrsteer is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:21   #3465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Tata Harrier roof gets vinyl wrap done for Rs 7k in Rajasthan – Video
That looks wicked!

However I would never let a guy wearing a kada anywhere near my shiny new car!

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th March 2019 at 14:18. Reason: video link removed
noopster is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks