Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2018, 10:49   #1366
Senior - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
TATA might skip the sunroof as the direct competition in segment (Tucson and Compass) doesn't offer them. I would love to be wrong though.
Compass has a panoramic sunroof option now. Tuscon is launching a panoramic sunroof version within the month. Creta also has a sunroof.

TATA are you listening?
AbhiJ is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:18   #1367
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs

More on the C/SUV.

Tata Harrier to launch with diesel manual 6-speed gearbox as standard fit only.

Supply constraint anticipated would be unable to meet the surge in demand expected for the AT variant.

Quote:
The automatic transmission will only go on sale after it makes its debut on the Harrier’s yet unnamed seven seat sibling that comes later in 2019.
Quote:
Harrier’s 7 seat sibling will also debut all-wheel drive and will come powered by a 170hp version of the 2.0 Kryotec engine. Interestingly, this more powerful version of the Kryotec engine will also make its way onto the Harrier in the future.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 6th November 2018 at 12:40.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:19   #1368
BHPian

The sunroof is more of a bane than a boon in India. The dust, heat, rain etc. don't quite make a sunroof exciting. Frankly, the safety issues that the sunroof causes / has potential to cause far outweigh any benrfits that it may have. Eg., It's not uncommon to see kids standing with their heads out of the sunroof.

One may say that it could be used at night, would it still be a sunroof?
swissknife is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:34   #1369
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking forward on buying the Harrier A/T at launch but if Tata Motors intend to make the A/T available only with the 7 seater variant then i am no longer interested in this car.

PS - I love manuals but buying an A/T for my driver so i dont have to tell him always on how to operate the clutch in traffic.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:37   #1370
BHPian

Lets hope this isn't true and they do have the automatic at launch. Otherwise, I'm definitely not interested in the harrier. I have a feeling they're slowly releasing leaks to the media to set the correct expectations.
Old 6th November 2018, 12:41   #1371
BHPian

I guess I will wait till its launch and see if we are getting an automatic, rejected the compass for two reasons. It was too small and there was no diesel automatic. Harrier seems to be bigger than the compass, but if there is no automatic I guess I will have to look somewhere else. Any ideas on the Mahindra Alturas, that is coming with a 7 speed automatic from the Mercedes, right?
sreejinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 12:43   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More on the C/SUV.

Tata Harrier to launch with diesel manual 6-speed gearbox as standard fit only. Supply constraint anticipated would be unable to meet the surge in demand expected for the AT variant.
Shocking piece of news. I am only looking at the Diesel/Petrol AT and would take my money elsewhere if they do not launch the AT at launch. I was quite positive with all the talk about borrowing the AT gearbox from Hyundai. Just taking a look at Nexon AMT/Creta AT and the continuous demand for a Compass AT should have given them an insight into the preference for AT boxes these days.
drmohitg is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 13:11   #1373
BANNED

Quote:
Harrier’s 7 seat sibling will also debut all-wheel drive and will come powered by a 170hp version of the 2.0 Kryotec engine. Interestingly, this more powerful version of the Kryotec engine will also make its way onto the Harrier in the future.
That’s a good news, I think Tata will be looking to offer BSVI engine with higher tune. Delaying automatic launch is a bad move, but a worse move would have been getting irate customers who will make a ruckus if the booked variants get delayed. Hope Harrier facelift will tone down that oversized headlamp cluster.
The Rationalist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 13:22   #1374
Senior - BHPian

No petrol, no auto, and no AWD. What are they launching then after all those all leaks and hypes? Looks like they are not ready yet.
Latheesh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 13:25   #1375
BHPian

Quote:
More on the C/SUV.

Supply constraint anticipated would be unable to meet the surge in demand expected for the AT variant.

Link
So there is hope for the 7 seater after all and it will have a 4WD both of which are music to my ears. Call it the Safari please Tata. Tata seems to be preparing for a double whammy shakeup of the SUV market.
Old 6th November 2018, 13:35   #1376
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
I was looking forward on buying the Harrier A/T at launch but if Tata Motors intend to make the A/T available only with the 7 seater variant then i am no longer interested in this car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Lets hope this isn't true and they do have the automatic at launch. Otherwise, I'm definitely not interested in the harrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
I am only looking at the Diesel/Petrol AT and would take my money elsewhere if they do not launch the AT at launch.
Completely agreed.
Not launching a Diesel AT would be quite stupid.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 13:42   #1377
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swissknife View Post
The sunroof is more of a bane than a boon in India. The dust, heat, rain etc. don't quite make a sunroof exciting. Frankly, the safety issues that the sunroof causes / has potential to cause far outweigh any benrfits that it may have. Eg., It's not uncommon to see kids standing with their heads out of the sunroof.

One may say that it could be used at night, would it still be a sunroof?
They also call it moonroof

I use mine a lot. You dont have to open it all the time. Just the amount of light entering makes it feel airy with shade moved. We have lot of cloudy days here with more rainy days and night time usage is not that bad since I always leave office after sunset. Except dust other issues exist everywhere.
srishiva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 14:20   #1378
BHPian

Made a little effort to clear the TataHarrier released & spy pics..

Its Indeed Stellar!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-tataharrierwaitingperiod768x512.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-c44ba865ef63773ef5275a6c8a4ef5f6.jpg  

Tata H5X Concept @ Auto Expo 2018. Named Tata Harrier! EDIT: Launched @ Rs. 12.69 lakhs-img_20181104_182522.jpg  

kalleo4 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 14:40   #1379
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Completely agreed.
Not launching a Diesel AT would be quite stupid.
Same here! Most likely I would cancel the Harrier booking and look for other options. Does not make sense to spend so much money for a model without AT! Feedback on FIAT Engine in Compass is also not universally good as well.

Last edited by manson : 6th November 2018 at 15:56. Reason: Fixed quote.
DriveT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 15:07   #1380
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
More on the C/SUV.

Oh no! I was fearing this, I was looking forward to the diesel auto combination and that is why I made the booking on the day it opened.
This is such a dampner. However, I will hold to my booking till I am back in India sometime in May next year.

If the Harrier is still not available with an AT by then, I'd have no option but to cancel my booking.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks