Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2020, 12:21   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming

Engines and Power-trains for Volkswagen Taigun and Skoda Vision IN:

- To Get 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre Turbo-petrol Engines

- The 1.0-litre TSI petrol is offered in two states of tune: 95PS/175Nm and 115PS/200Nm.

- The 95PS tune gets the option of a 5-speed manual and the 115PS gets a 6-speed manual.

- The 1.5-litre TSI petrol is commonly offered with an output of 150PS/250Nm.

- Both engines get a choice of manual ( 6MT) and DSG automatic transmissions.

- The 1.0-litre TSI will make its India debut in the Skoda Rapid by April 2020.- BS6

Quote:
VW Group’s 1.5-litre TSI petrol also uses direct injection but gets the added feature of active cylinder management as well. This engine can shut off two of the four cylinders when not needed to increase fuel efficiency.
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th February 2020 at 12:22.
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 15:40   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming

Škoda Auto Volkswagen India will price its SUV's very competitively:

- 1.0 TSI engine will be the mainstay & it’ll be made in India
- 1.5 petrol will also be offered
- Will have DSG
- No diesel
- 90-95% localization target
- Launch in 2021
- Taigun has a panoramic sunroof
- Good knee room, shoulder room is premium, good for 4 paasengers
- Seat back angle and support is good. Headroom is good.
- Boot space average but there’s additional space under the floor
- Chassis material used is of India grades with lots of re-engineering and no
compromise on torsional rigidity - NCAP ratings need to be seen
- VW Group’s push for 5% market share in India (3% for VW & 2% for Skoda)

PRICING

- Positioning will be against the lower end of the Hyundai Creta range

- VW officials say it’ll be positioned between compact SUV & mid-size SUV (price + size)

- Expect to undercut Seltos

- Top officials are aware of pricing being the CRITICAL factor

Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming-11.png

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 4th February 2020 at 15:41.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 13:28   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
EXCLUSIVE details of future products from VAG for S American Markets and India.

- A0 SUV will be a subcompact sport utility vehicle with popular appeal (Remember TAIGUN?)

- The new generation of Skoda Fabia

- Subcompact hatch from the Czech brand (subsidiary of the group) positioned below the VW Polo.

-The new Fabia will be responsible for debuting a family of subcompacts using a simplified version of the MQB A0 platform, known as MQB A0 IN.

--
The next phase for the group as per Brazilian Press, will be the Next GEN FABIA for Latin America and India.

- Speculated to be built on the MQB A0 (IN) platform

- A premiere of Škoda Fabia IV by end 2020.( or earlier at the Geneva Auto?)

- Launch in 2021( expect 2022 for India)

- Proto types are ready

- Design language inline with Skoda Scala/New Octavia

- Only will be available in a 5 door hatch configuration

-A more pronounced radiator grille, LED light technology and a sign instead of the logo at the back

Impressions from seeing the next gen Fabia model ( clay)

Quote:
The new Fabia is beautiful, really attractive. Both proportionally and mainly visually
Rendered images:

Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming-6134978_.jpg

Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming-6134979_.jpg

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 13th February 2020 at 13:46.
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2020, 14:14   #184
BHPian

Why do I get the impression that the Skoda VW Group just wants to flood the Indian market with small/medium cars.

Forget product differentiation, strategy, non compete with group companies.

TRoc, Karoq, Vento, Polo, Fabia, Taigun etc etc
Old 13th February 2020, 14:40   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The new Fabia is beautiful, really attractive. Both proportionally and mainly visually
In a Skoda sort of a way. Nobody will be surprised to hear that I prefer the cleaner lines of the VW sort of way!

I don't deny that it looks beautiful, though, and I guess I would not mind one. I used to have a problem with Skoda's seats: it felt to me like they have only concrete below the fabric! Very hard and most uncomfortable. It is quite a few years since I last sat in a Fabia, but was disappointed then to find it still the same. I hope it's changed.
Old 14th February 2020, 20:04   #186
BANNED

Skoda Vision IN and VW Taigun based 7-seaters ruled out as MQB-A0 cannot be stretched. Also, Skoda/VW to bring in mild hybrid or CNG technology to meet the upcoming CAFE norms.
Quote:
EVW: Skoda has already confirmed to build a sedan based on the A0-IN platform. But the SUV market in India is growing well. So do you see an opportunity to have an elongation of this platform to fit in a third row of seats?

Zac: The issue with this platform is if you make this platform any longer, it probably won’t work. What we need to do is work out which segments to be in for the future. And if you look at some of the growing segments in India, the sub-4-metre SUV is a growing segment. The hatchback is also a big segment in India. So we have to look at the right segments in the future. At the moment, there are two products confirmed – this car here (Skoda Vision IN SUV) and the sedan.
Quote:
EVW: In 2023, the CAFE standards are coming in. You also have the real-world driving efficiency tests that will be putting some more pressure on the fuel efficiency of the cars. Some companies are using mild hybrid systems to pass the tests and still preserve their fuel efficiency. How is Skoda planning to handle this?

Zac: Mild hybrid is one solution and another is CNG. It is possible that we would be bringing CNG solutions for 2023. We could be bringing either of these. Our TSI technology is already very efficient and we would be looking to make it more efficient, of course, it will be within the CAFE norms.
Full interview at: link
Old 18th February 2020, 12:16   #187
Distinguished - BHPian

Volkswagen reiterates its plan to get 3% Market Share ( Group)

- AT and DSG will be on offer for the new products

- TSI + DSG for the higher variants

- Vento replacement ( VIRTUS?) will have the 1.5TSI+ DSG ( 150 hp+ 250 NM ?)variant, mass market will have the 1.0L TSI MT+ AT variants

Name:  11.PNG
Views: 1968
Size:  365.8 KB

Name:  12.PNG
Views: 1966
Size:  449.7 KB

Name:  13.PNG
Views: 2178
Size:  396.5 KB
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:03   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Volkswagen reiterates its plan to get 3% Market Share ( Group)
When VW introduced Polo and Vento a decade ago, 7-8K cars used to be sold per month. If the sales figures of Audi and Skoda are also included then the numbers used to be nearing around 10K mark. Those were handsome numbers.

Now the whole group is barely able to sale 3-4K cars in a month. They need to seriously figure out why the momentum couldn't be maintained for long time despite having such wonderful quality cars in the portfolio?

If Hyundai can win hearts of Indians in a decade then why not VAG?
tbppjpr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:32   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Engines and Power-trains for Volkswagen Taigun and Skoda Vision IN:

- Both engines get a choice of manual ( 6MT) and DSG automatic transmissions.
Quote:

- AT and DSG will be on offer for the new products

- TSI + DSG for the higher variants

- market will have the 1.0L TSI MT+ AT variants
I don't see AT options listed against the Taigun or Vision IN. The update from yesterday seems to contradict that.

Am I missing something here?!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2020, 13:44   #190
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I don't see AT options listed against the Taigun or Vision IN. The update from yesterday seems to contradict that.

Am I missing something here?!
Listed where? Taigun and Vision IN spec sheets of all variants are not out.

They will have a dual strategy going forward for their new products, offering AT+ DSG for broader market reach.
Old 18th February 2020, 13:52   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Listed where? Taigun and Vision IN spec sheets of all variants are not out.

They will have a dual strategy going forward for their new products, offering AT+ DSG for broader market reach.
I meant I only saw DSG in one of the posts that details out the engine and transmission options. But yes, I guess only time will tell how they spread out options and features across their variants.

More than the aspect of saving a few tens of thousands of rupees, I'd pick up a conventional AT from VW/Skoda stable just for the additional reliability and resulting peace of mind.
Old 18th February 2020, 14:03   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannags View Post
I meant I only saw DSG in one of the posts that details out the engine and transmission options. But yes, I guess only time will tell how they spread out options and features across their variants. --
More or less very clear on their future offerings:

Old 20th February 2020, 21:04   #193
Distinguished - BHPian

By utilizing INDIA 2.0 project, ŠKODA will re-start its business in Sri Lanka.

After 17 years, ŠKODA AUTO is returning to Sri Lanka from May 2020.

ŠKODA’s initial line-up will include four model series: the small car FABIA, the mid-class SUPERB, the large SUV KODIAQ and the compact SUV KAROQ.
The brand’s bestseller, the OCTAVIA, will expand the range of models later this year.

Quote:
By utilising the existing synergies in the INDIA 2.0 project, ŠKODA could also offer models in Sri Lanka that will be developed under the upcoming model campaign in the Indian market.
Quote:
Customers can order the first vehicles from the beginning of March 2020, and the first deliveries will be made when the new showroom opens in May.

Source: ŠKODA

Last edited by volkman10 : 20th February 2020 at 21:05.
Old 27th March 2020, 13:13   #194
BHPian

I don't know if this is the appropriate thread to post this.
I just noticed Skoda India webpage has been updated with the New Rapid and Karoq.

Link - http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming-screenshot_202003271311312.png  

Octy17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 13:50   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Was looking at the New Rapid page and noticed the dashboard looks much darker, plusher and higher quality than what I remember.

Have they changed the colour or the quality level? Or is it quality photography?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda in control of VW's product development for India; car based on MQB-A0-IN platform coming-screenshot_20200327134831.jpg  

Last edited by itwasntme : 27th March 2020 at 13:51.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks