BHPian

re: MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L

Anybody noticed the manual IRVM?
ZenMaster is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 16:10   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING DYSP View Post
Yesterday I attended an event at my Place hosted by Audi Bengaluru. I was Happy to hear from Karnataka Head, Jubilant Group which owns Audi & Porsche Showroom in Bangalore that Jubilant Group have acquired MG dealership for Bengaluru
Jubilant doesn't have Porsche dealership in Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
Scoop: MG Hector features + specs leaked

[/b][/url]

So its confirmed no AWD or 4X4 for this feature rich vehicle as well

Last edited by soumobakshi : 15th May 2019 at 16:25. Reason: typo
Old 15th May 2019, 16:23   #498
BHPian

Autocar comes out with their First look and walkaround video of the MG Hector

Some points from the video:
- Swiping Audi-esque LED indicators
- Powered seats
- Hard scratchy plastics, interiors not of high quality
- Tacho is anti clockwise, will need getting used to
- Lot's of cubby's to keep the odds and ends
- No physical ACC controls
- Voice commands adapted to Indian accents
- Spacious back seat, good knee room but the seat is placed low.
- Reclining seats, rear air con vent and power socket
- Good enough boot space with 60/40 split

Last edited by Mukund : 15th May 2019 at 16:34. Reason: Added more details
Mukund is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 16:50   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepjaju View Post
Also, the ambient lighting is new information. Looks pretty neat though. They subtly announced the DCT but haven't confirmed if it is coming with the diesel.
Sadly no DCT for diesel, as shown in the brochure. It sure is feature packed though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HECTOR-brochure.pdf (5.73 MB, 1937 views)
akhil_rpmlover is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 17:01   #500
BHPian

I am concerned about that knee up position on the rear seat, since its placed low. Hopefully in a few weeks we will know more. I thought they have an option of DCT in the petrol hybrid as well, but looks like the automatic is neither on the hybrid petrol nor on diesel.
Old 15th May 2019, 17:45   #501
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

I'm looking to upgrade my 2012 Duster next year & will be seriously considering the Hector. By then, detailed reviews & usage reports should be available in plenty.

The gizmos look good, but I want a powerful engine & a suspension that can tackle rough hill roads like my Duster does.
Old 15th May 2019, 18:52   #502
Senior - BHPian

Had the chance to check out the Hector at the reveal this morning. There is no two ways that the SUV is feature loaded to the brim. Yes the alloys do look at tad smaller but some i feel thats due to the outer rim being black. I found it to be much better looking in the flesh than the pictures. The voice clarity on the iSmart system is pretty good too.

As far as the engines go Im guessing the 2.0 diesel will be the pick of the lot. It has the same tune as the Compass, something that the Harrier misses out on. Im more interested to see how the Hybrid drives. Sadly only the petrol gets the DCT.

MG is starting off with 120 outlets and aim to have 350 in total by September this year. Now that's quite something. If it translates to great service, its mission accomplished.

A lot will depend on the pricing and I have a feeling that the entry level model will have a very competitive price and could undercut the Harrier. Just my gut feeling.

Here's a short video I took at the reveal event.

Dippy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 19:17   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks very very good on paper. Has all the bling and dazzle that we Indian customers love. At the same time care has been taken to equip with what looks to be competent engines and transmissions. No compromises on safety aspects also.

Would be very interesting to see how it is priced. Being the first product in India, and no baggage or precedent to weigh them down, I believe it gives MG a lot of freedom in deciding how to position this.

My gut feel is that they would launch this at a very very competitive price and shake up the market.

Of course, all depends on how it actually performs in the real world and how all that multitude of electronics and gadgets sustains.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 19:23   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrutmhatre90 View Post
That's one hell of a clean engine bay I have seen in recent past, especially in this class of vehicles.
Thilak29 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 20:19   #505
BHPian

A little known brand for majority of the population (leaving the older folks and auto enthusiasts), guess MG over a period of time has created a good amount of buzz around the Hector.

With all the updates and the kind of marketing the team has been involved in so far, the MG and Hector names do not sound alien to me anymore! Also, apart from those who are aware of its Chinese lineage, to a layman in India, this car ticks all the right boxes and edges out the competition by presenting itself as a car from a class above. Just look at that engine bay! that's a real wow for me!

Few plastic parts and a damn tidy looking engine bay you get! That panoramic sunroof! consider this vehicle sold only on its looks a features! service and dealer network be damned!
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 20:31   #506
Distinguished - BHPian

MG Hector 7-seater India launch confirmed for early 2020.

Quote:
MG Motor India will introduce a 7-seat Hector variant with a BS6 engine upgrade before April 2020.
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-01.jpg

Quote:
Technically, we cannot call it a 7- or 8-seater due to its dimensions, but the Hector will get a third row of seats and that should come around the same time as the BS6 emission norms come into effect
Link

Meanwhile MG eZS electric SUV spied testing in India for the first time, launching by end 2019,

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-02.jpg

Last edited by volkman10 : 15th May 2019 at 20:38.
volkman10 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th May 2019, 22:14   #507
BHPian

Overall it looks like a good package. Side profile is very similar to current gen Fortuner and looks like its baby brother. Jokes apart there are certain features that set this car apart from all the cars it's going to compete against. If priced right at Creta and Compass territory, it could sell in good numbers. After sales and those stuff are still in long future but hopefully this will give good competition to Creta, Harrier, Compass and the likes.
Old 15th May 2019, 22:21   #508
Senior - BHPian

Looks great and sumptuous, DCT from a fledgling brand with very sparse service outlets: be forewarned: this is essentially is a Chinese car!! They should have given the diesel with an automatic too.
Old 16th May 2019, 01:13   #509
BANNED

Unlike the majority i'm not that paranoid about owning a car made by a chinese brand, after all they are unbeatable when it comes to manufacturing processes and costs, no matter what anyone says but the bulk of the biggest manufacturing in this world is done in China, my PS4, my iphone, my SVS Subwoofer (which is a way above average home theater brand from USA), my airpods and so many other products that are just fantastic and reliable are all made in China, they are all great products because of the engineering that went behind them and if they were not manufactured in China, they would have costed substantially more!

Even the Chinese tail lamp made by an unknown Chinese company for my Creta is extremely high quality and the build and fit/finish levels are better than the OEM unit and is pretty much as good as it gets.

I will treat MG motors as just another new brand and like my dad once said, when Hyundai was launched, people had no faith in the brand but dad loved their product and decided to gamble, turned out that product went on to become one of the biggest blockbusters in our market. (Santro)

I'm not saying Hector would be an insane hit, this is just not that kindof segment, but if the price is extremely tempting (which it better be) and if the quality and the product itself is very good (which it sure is appearing to be), then I don't see anything stopping it to be a great hit in this segment. Truth be told, I sure am hoping the quality levels to be higher than the first batches of XUV and where Harrier is today.

Having said all that, no one seems to be pointing this out but to me this looks more like an MUV than an SUV like Harrier, I mean this sure looks fantastic and I won't say it looks as UVish like Innova but still the design somehow feels more Van like than SUV like to me, apart from that, the kit on offer is just phenomenal and are they also using Fiat's 2.0 Diesel in this car? (The power figures are similar to the Compass) if so then atleast the Engine should be definitely trouble free in the long run.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th May 2019 at 07:53. Reason: Chineese > Chinese + capitalising.
Rocketscience is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th May 2019, 07:05   #510
Senior - BHPian

Images of rear side leg room and AC vents, it looks wide and spacious.
Attached Thumbnails
MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190516065550.png  

MG India's first SUV named Hector. Edit: Launched @ 12.18L-screenshot_20190516065555.png  

deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks