Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 22:55   #691
BHPian

Re: The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by //M View Post
But at just 4 additional lakhs over the Karoq (I really hate to do this apple vs orange comparo), the Superb Sportline feels so much better, clearly a segment above it terms of space, comfort, ride quality, powertrain, features, interiors and overall premium yet sporty feel. The Superb is simply Superb !

Attachment 2030500
Superb is 5 lacs (29.99 vs 24.99) over Karoq. So that’d be a good 6-7 lacs more in terms of OTR price. Almost two Seltos for that price

Vitamin M, in these pandemic times still rules indeed. Did you move towards picking a Superb?
Old 14th July 2020, 22:58   #692
//M
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoDrifter View Post
Superb is 5 lacs (29.99 vs 24.99) over Karoq. So that’d be a good 6-7 lacs more in terms of OTR price. Almost two Seltos for that price

Vitamin M, in these pandemic times still rules indeed. Did you move towards picking a Superb?
The Superb Sportline is 33.20 L OTR Gurgaon, the Karoq is 29.13 L OTR Gurgaon. Don't think it is that big a difference for someone looking for a car around the 30 Lakh figure.

Ofcourse, at the end of the day it totally depends on the requirements of a buyer.
Old 14th July 2020, 23:05   #693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AamodB View Post
Don't buy without pushing for a discount. There's lots of places where they can cut their margins (insurance particularly) which they will due to low sales in the past few months. We got a substantial discount (for a brand new CBU) on our Karoq so I'm sure the VW dealer can offer something similar.

Feel free to DM if you want the breakup of our discount.
I didn't get a discount on the ex showroom price but I did happen to be there through all of the process so I saved some money on the way.

I paid the road tax sitting in the company's office using my credit card instead of me paying the company via check and it turned out my card was the affiliate bank so I saved about 3K. They had over estimated the road tax@ 1.08 lakh but I paid 85k + CC points. Their insurance quote after all the haggling was 58 k and they wouldn't let me get the NCB from my old car because I had to get a letter. Ended up getting the zero dep 1st year and 3rd party next 2 tweets for 35.8k from existing provider. Got their logistics charge shaved off as well. I was happy walking out.

My desperation made sure I wouldn't get any discount ex showroom.
Harneet.S is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 01:23   #694
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harneet.S View Post
I didn't get a discount on the ex showroom price but I did happen to be there through all of the process so I saved some money on the way.

I paid the road tax sitting in the company's office using my credit card instead of me paying the company via check and it turned out my card was the affiliate bank so I saved about 3K. They had over estimated the road tax@ 1.08 lakh but I paid 85k + CC points. Their insurance quote after all the haggling was 58 k and they wouldn't let me get the NCB from my old car because I had to get a letter. Ended up getting the zero dep 1st year and 3rd party next 2 tweets for 35.8k from existing provider. Got their logistics charge shaved off as well. I was happy walking out.

My desperation made sure I wouldn't get any discount ex showroom.
Hi Harneet. Congratulations on your new T-Roc and thanks for your super detailed posts! I am about to pull the trigger one one and am particularly interested in the deal you were able to expertly negotiate! I have an insurance quote for 71k and the total on-road price comes to 23,25,000 without any accessories. Is your insurance quote for the first year alone or is it for a comprehensive 3 year plan? And could you please specify the amount you were able to shave off on the logistics charges?
Old 15th July 2020, 06:23   #695
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Their insurance quote after all the haggling was 58 k and they wouldn't let me get the NCB from my old car because I had to get a letter.
Your can still get your prorated NCB discount refunded from your insurer. Please approach them with the letter ASAP.

I have successfully done the same on 2 occasions so definitely allowed under IRDA rules.
Old 15th July 2020, 08:35   #696
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Hi Harneet. Congratulations on your new T-Roc and thanks for your super detailed posts! I am about to pull the trigger one one and am particularly interested in the deal you were able to expertly negotiate! I have an insurance quote for 71k and the total on-road price comes to 23,25,000 without any accessories. Is your insurance quote for the first year alone or is it for a comprehensive 3 year plan? And could you please specify the amount you were able to shave off on the logistics charges?
Thanks!

The insurance is comprehensive 3 year - Y1 Zero dep & Y2+3 Third party. I'll message the breakdown to you in a private message.

They were charging 10k as logistics which I didn't pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Your can still get your prorated NCB discount refunded from your insurer. Please approach them with the letter ASAP.

I have successfully done the same on 2 occasions so definitely allowed under IRDA rules.
You're totally correct. My car was delivered last Monday and the insurance amount was communicated at 8 PM. I called up my current insurance provider and they gave me a quote following which I had to wait for him to issue a policy via email at 8:45 PM. The issue was that the insurance number has to be mentioned in the road tax challan, and this was paid for at 9:00 PM and documents signed thereafter. I just wanted to get the delivery done and none of the hassle afterwards. Their best rock bottom price was 43k with an additional 3k as NCB, this from an insurance company that I knew was in doldrums and the offer still want as good. Drove out the showroom at 9:15, tank full at 9:30, took the wife for a short drive at 9:45 and parked the car at home because of the curfew at 10

Took a call and got the chores done within the day
Harneet.S is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 10:41   #697
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The issue was that the insurance number has to be mentioned in the road tax challan, and this was paid for at 9:00 PM and documents signed thereafter.
Sounds rushed and glad it ended as expected .

Do get your refund now - it galls me that the insurers jointly suppress this information from the overwhelming majority of their customers. Free revenue to them.. In the US, they would probably have to state the right of the customer to get a refund in bold lettering.

Last edited by itwasntme : 15th July 2020 at 10:43.
Old 15th July 2020, 10:51   #698
BHPian

Quote:
Test

I test drove the Karoq, Seltos brilliant value for what it offers.

That said, the VAG The Superb is simply Superb !

I personally feel T Roc is a nice peppy and fun car to buy for someone who is not bothered about the lack of rear space and trunk volume.

Attachment 2030500
I have the same dilemma. I have booked T Roc a long time ago and have seen it at the showroom but found it to be very small especially for the price.

Test drove the Karoq, very nice car with great interiors but atrociously expensive, especially when compared with the Superb Sportline.

Thinking about test driving the Kia Seltos turbo petrol auto again.

Maybe, just maybe will cancel the booking for the T-ROC.
Old 15th July 2020, 12:14   #699
BHPian

Quote:
But at just 4 additional lakhs over the Karoq (I really hate to do this apple vs orange comparo), the Superb Sportline feels so much better, clearly a segment above it terms of space, comfort, ride quality, powertrain, features, interiors and overall premium yet sporty feel. The Superb is simply Superb !
I too was so attracted to the Superb Sportline. In my opinion the Superb Sportline is a great VFM option for anyone looking for a sporty luxury yacht on 4 wheels ! Especially the 2L Engine and the better gearbox (DQ381 if Im right, which is the same unit as on the vRS 245) is the icing on the cake. All these for just 29.99 Lakhs !
But since our requirement was a luxury compact crossover we went for the Karoq.

Quote:
Thanks!

The insurance is comprehensive 3 year - Y1 Zero dep & Y2+3 Third party. I'll message the breakdown to you in a private message.

Luckily my Skoda dealer did not add any handling/logistics charges in the break down. The dealer quoted an insurance amount of Rs 84K, which after some negotiations came to 41K. (For 1st year Zero Dep + Third party for next 2 years). And very unlikely I found the NCB certificate lying around in my cupboard for the Polo that we sold around 3 years back ! That 30% NCB also helped in bringing down the insurance amount for the new Karoq. Also we got a 30k discount as loyalty bonus since I own another Skoda. Even though the vRS was in my name and the new Karoq was taken in my father's name. If you insist the dealers they might give such extra discounts like this loyalty bonus or Govt employee discount or corporate employee discount !

Last edited by Mr.Perera : 15th July 2020 at 12:17. Reason: typo
Mr.Perera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 15:39   #700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Sounds rushed and glad it ended as expected .

Do get your refund now
Thanks! The NCB discount was included in the 35.8k as it was issued by the same company as the earlier car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
I have the same dilemma. I have booked T Roc a long time ago and have seen it at the showroom but found it to be very small especially for the price.
I completely agree. It is a smidge larger than my Polo.
If your family members are taller than 6 feet or you have to carry 3 or 4 around regularly it won't be as practical. OTOH, of you're a family with small kids or if not more than 2 people go around in the car (my case- all family members have their own cars), this is a really nice option. Personally I'd go for the Seltos or go a segment higher/roomier to a Tucson if I wanted to ferry more people/use as a family car. In fact, I had already booked a Seltos top end diesel which I cancelled a day ago since VW finally came through in delivering the T-Roc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Perera View Post

Luckily my Skoda dealer did not add any handling/logistics charges in the break down. The dealer quoted an insurance amount of Rs 84K, which after some negotiations came to 41K.
That's a good deal. You have a nice dealer there.
Old 15th July 2020, 20:38   #701
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Comparing the dimensions of the T-roc /Seltos/Creta :
1. The T-roc is the widest at 1819mm by an inch
2. The Creta and Seltos are longer and taller by 2 and a half to 3 inches
3. The T-roc wheelbase is smaller only by 3/4th inch
4. The wheelbase to length ratio of all 3 cars is similar 60-61%.
5. The T-roc has the largest boot at 445 litres
The cross over shape and low wide stance of the car enhances the appearance of it being a small car. However these same attributes contribute to its sportier performance.
The rear cramped feel needs to be validated in terms of actual measurements of the cabin dimensions of all three cars so that there can be an objective reference.
Old 16th July 2020, 01:13   #702
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks!

You're totally correct. My car was delivered last Monday and the insurance amount was communicated at 8 PM. I called up my current insurance provider and they gave me a quote following which I had to wait for him to issue a policy via email at 8:45 PM. The issue was that the insurance number has to be mentioned in the road tax challan, and this was paid for at 9:00 PM and documents signed thereafter. I just wanted to get the delivery done and none of the hassle afterwards. Their best rock bottom price was 43k with an additional 3k as NCB, this from an insurance company that I knew was in doldrums and the offer still want as good. Drove out the showroom at 9:15, tank full at 9:30, took the wife for a short drive at 9:45 and parked the car at home because of the curfew at 10

Took a call and got the chores done within the day
Could you please message me the breakdown when convenient as I need to lock on it soon! Sorry for the hassle and for not messaging you about it instead as I don't have the privileges to send PMs yet. Thanks again!
Old 16th July 2020, 07:56   #703
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjadekar View Post
Could you please message me the breakdown when convenient as I need to lock on it soon! Sorry for the hassle and for not messaging you about it instead as I don't have the privileges to send PMs yet. Thanks again!
I tried earlier, you're not allowed to receive PM's either! Neither is your default contact (email) available.
Old 16th July 2020, 08:03   #704
BHPian

For the sake of simplicity, posting the quote by my dealer. In this quote, I shaved off Logistics, Paid 36k through my insurance provider with a 25% NCB from earlier car, did not take a temp number but got a HSRP & paid 85k for road tax. I had booked for 50k in March.
Attached Thumbnails
The Volkswagen T-Roc, now launched @ Rs 19.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200716075813__01.jpg  

Old 16th July 2020, 09:22   #705
BHPian

Quote:
85k for road tax.
Harneet, the quoted road tax is more than 108000. How did you endup paying only 85k?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks