Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2019, 15:57   #91
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

This could pretty much be it. (Gaadiwaadi)

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-img_20190806_155639.jpg

Last edited by jailbird_fynix : 6th August 2019 at 15:59.
jailbird_fynix is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:05   #92
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
More teasers of the MPV,

Attachment 1902677

Attachment 1902678

The Seltos style ice drop LED headlamps look amazing! This is shaping up good.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:07   #93
BHPian

So basically we have the Maruti Ertiga with plastic claddings and some additional features which is being called as the new "PREMIUM" MPV. I had been ignoring this thread for a while and I guess I was right in doing so. Same engine in multiple cars, body-cladded "PREMIUM" variants (CelerioX and now this), sticker jobs for "SPORTY" editions etc. They have enough money to come up with good cars but all they do is milk the Indian consumers to the core.

Last edited by Funny : 6th August 2019 at 16:14.
Funny is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 16:18   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post

Attachment 1903015
This thing needs Bigger rims and wider tyres.

The grill reminds me of Dodge SUV/pickup grills
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-screenshot_20190806161752_gallery.jpg  

BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 17:14   #95
Senior - BHPian

Having had the old Ertiga in the family, we always wished there was a 6 seater version offered as like us I am sure a lot of people buy the Ertiga for its practicality and huge boot. We rarely used all 7 seats and would have loved having captain seats in the middle row.

While Maruti pitching this as a new product is wishful marketing, I think this it will sell well and compliment the regular Ertiga.
fiat_tarun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 17:43   #96
Senior - BHPian

@NIINJA ~ I feel all the features and creature comforts than you mention can easily be in-corporated into the higher end versions of the new Ertiga.
In-fact when they came out with the new Ertiga most of these should have been there to start with since they were coming out with a newer bigger car in the first place. And these are hardly premium features if you ask me.
Lets see how this shapes up. But just to add leather seats and couple of lamps to a car they plan to launch a whole new premium vehicle sounds pretty dumb if you ask me.

Last edited by bigron : 6th August 2019 at 17:55.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 17:46   #97
BHPian

If your family consists of 3 generations, then the 6 seater will be good, but If you pick up random people then, no one would like to sit in the last row.

We've experienced this in our circle of Friends. Innova Cyrsta is mostly used as a 4 seater, than a 6 seater. In the same scenario, if the second row is bench type, at least, it can be used as a 5 seater.

Except children, no one would like to sit in the last row. Short distances are ok, but long drives will be bouncy.
jaaz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 18:14   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Are you referring to the Ertiga or XL6? I don't think it makes sense to sell the XL6 to the fleet operators.

Xylo I think is getting discontinued anyway.
Apologies for not being clear, for the second point I meant the Ertiga!

With Xylo getting discontinued it even makes more sense for the esrtwhile Ertiga to be presented with the 1.5 L Diesel motor !
Old 6th August 2019, 19:40   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailbird_fynix View Post

Attachment 1903015
Maruti doesn't seems to have a particular design language, this car looks quite European IMO(in the line of S-Cross).

I am sure build quality would be the same, BUT hopefully they surprise us.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 22:43   #100
BHPian

Looks Butch as per the Gaadiwaadi rendering. Diesel engine powered XL6 would be a good option for those travelling long distances with a chauffeur. Captain seats are more comfortable than Bench seats for long distances.
adi.mariner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 23:23   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funny View Post
So basically we have the Maruti Ertiga with plastic claddings and some additional features which is being called as the new "PREMIUM" MPV. I had been ignoring this thread for a while and I guess I was right in doing so. Same engine in multiple cars, body-cladded "PREMIUM" variants (CelerioX and now this), sticker jobs for "SPORTY" editions etc. They have enough money to come up with good cars but all they do is milk the Indian consumers to the core.
I believe they are making significant changes to the interior as well - apparently there's a whole new dashboard design a la Passat with end to end style AC vents, as per spy shots
Old 7th August 2019, 02:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I believe they are making significant changes to the interior as well - apparently there's a whole new dashboard design a la Passat with end to end style AC vents, as per spy shots

No, it is same in new gen Ertiga, just that here it is all black. The only difference in dashboard is the metal outline to the fake wood plate.
ani_meher is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 11:01   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Maruti doesn't seems to have a particular design language, this car looks quite European IMO(in the line of S-Cross).

I am sure build quality would be the same, BUT hopefully they surprise us.
Another design inspired from other manufacturers!

This is what I really hate about Maruti, they will just pick some design elements from other manufactures and patch it here and there. voila.. a car to fire the sales chart is ready!

See the case of SCross, the old model was somewhat unique considering the design.
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-scrossold.jpg

But the designers couldn’t resist themselves for long time, they came up with this design similar to BMW X1.
Name:  SScross.png
Views: 827
Size:  213.2 KB

I don’t know when they will start designing something their own.
lone_wanderer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 13:04   #104
Senior - BHPian

^^^ What's wrong in taking inspiration from cars a few segments above?! In fact, many people wanted to change their old S cross facia to new one, which looks very modern even after a few years. I fail to see how a car looking like a BMW can be held against it!

I hope (in vein) that this XL6 matches S-cross material quality, which I believe is the only car from Maruti that consists of quality material. All others are varying cases of 'barely acceptable' quality. But this can't happen, as this is only a minor update to existing Ertiga, which has barely acceptable material quality.
ani_meher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2019, 15:04   #105
Senior - BHPian

I like this face lift. In fact it looks more like a Toyota than a Suzuki. It reminds me of the Land Cruiser more than anything else. All black is the way to go.
longhorn is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks