Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2019, 14:05   #166
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki XL6 Launched,

Overall the vehicle looks good and I particularly like the all black interiors. Beige interiors on a people mover like Ertiga is a nightmare.

Also, is it only me that I feel the body to wheel size ratio too odd? Aren't the wheels appearing small for the vehicle size especially from the side profile? Or is it the ugly wheel arch cladding that is causing this oddity?
G V Krishna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:12   #167
BHPian

re: Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs

Considering this is also based on the " Heartect " platform, any idea how much it will score in Crash tests ? Swift scored 2 stars, even the Euro Spec swift equipped with side and curtain airbags and autonomous emergency braking scored 3 Stars.

Why would someone pick this up over Marazzo ( 4 Stars ) specially when they buy this to ferry the entire family ?!
Sk8r is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:24   #168
BHPian

Those fender claddings ruin what would otherwise be a neat design. Just too thick and ugly. Looks Volvo-ish from the rear three quarter view. The LED light guides are a nice touch and will differentiate it from the Ertiga. MS should have thrown in 16" alloys with 205.60/R16 rubber and a sunroof.

The biggest miss is the 6 air bags.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-xl6.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch a premium MPV. Update: XL6 launched @ Rs. 9.80 lakhs-xl6_2.jpg  

Last edited by John : 21st August 2019 at 14:35.
John is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 14:30   #169
BHPian

When all black interiors and 6 seating are becoming more premium than beige interiors and 7 seating! Is the Indian market evolving?!

XL6 looks well executed for what is essentially an Ertiga with claddings. Somehow the front reminds me of Ford Endeavour. I would have liked to have a 7 seater option too. The one thing that I do not like in Ertiga is its all beige interiors. An Ertiga with black interiors will be a good upgrade for me from my existing Baleno. May be an XL7 is in the pipeline?

Last edited by vshankarhere : 21st August 2019 at 14:31. Reason: Removed spacing.
Old 21st August 2019, 14:31   #170
Senior - BHPian

Maruti priced this car pretty well compared to the Ertiga 'Z' trims.

The wheels should have been a size bigger though. How about slapping S-Cross wheels on this one ?
Old 21st August 2019, 14:31   #171
MCR
BHPian

A premium of INR 1,10,000/- for a "very old" 4 Speed AT is a joke.

The car looks decent. The rear is not very different to an Ertiga. Also the interiors are no different to an Ertiga as well. I am not sure there are many folks who walk into a Nexa showroom without "knowing" that the Ertiga is better priced and also has a Diesel eingine option available!!
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:04   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
Considering this is also based on the " Heartect " platform, any idea how much it will score in Crash tests ? Swift scored 2 stars, even the Euro Spec swift equipped with side and curtain airbags and autonomous emergency braking scored 3 Stars.

Why would someone pick this up over Marazzo ( 4 Stars ) specially when they buy this to ferry the entire family ?!
The Heartect Brezza got 4 stars. So we cannot be sure how much this will score just based on the platform. I think only a test can tell the true story. Per Maruti it clears the current and soon to be mandatory safety Indian requirements. The current Ertiga scores poorly on sound insulation and build. I wonder if there are any improvements in that area. Marrazo is much better in these areas than the Ertiga.

Last edited by JediKnight : 21st August 2019 at 15:07.
JediKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:24   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKnight View Post
The Heartect Brezza got 4 stars. So we cannot be sure how much this will score just based on the platform. I think only a test can tell the true story. Per Maruti it clears the current and soon to be mandatory safety Indian requirements. The current Ertiga scores poorly on sound insulation and build. I wonder if there are any improvements in that area. Marrazo is much better in these areas than the Ertiga.
Brezza is not based on heartect. It got the platform of the original Vitara which is sold overseas
NICHE is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:32   #174
BHPian

Quote:
The Heartect Brezza got 4 stars..
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
Brezza is not based on heartect. It got the platform of the original Vitara which is sold overseas
Brezza is based on the C Platform, same as S-Cross.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:37   #175
BHPian

So basically, it is the Ertiga that is sold to other SEA countries. Very good strategy.

First launch stripped down version of Ertiga (and earn handsome profit) and then launch the "Real" ertiga with a new name and charge even more premium.
Nav-i-gator is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:42   #176
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki XL6 receives 2000 bookings.

Quote:
Marking this differentiation was a must and it looks like the company has been successful in doing that because the company announced that it has received 2000 bookings for the car. And the number is quite big given the fact that there's just the petrol engine that has been introduced on the car
Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 21st August 2019 at 15:45.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:45   #177
Senior - BHPian

Slim out the claddings, add a diesel 1.5 DDiS automatic, add six airbags, add a bench to the middle row, make the wheel size 16" add fatter tires then may be..
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 15:45   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, the Brezza is not based on the Heartect platform, it's indeed based on the Vitara's platform and hence the 4 star !

Source :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
Codenamed 'YBA', the Vitara Brezza is based on Suzuki's global C-platform, which it shares with the full-sized Vitara. Nope, it's not based on the new Baleno platform as work on the Vitara Brezza started before the Baleno's platform was even ready. One look at the kerb weight and you'd know it.
Sk8r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:01   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Maruti priced this car pretty well compared to the Ertiga 'Z' trims.

The wheels should have been a size bigger though. How about slapping S-Cross wheels on this one ?
Agree, also look at the features provides in AT, its at par with some new launches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
A premium of INR 1,10,000/- for a "very old" 4 Speed AT is a joke.

The car looks decent. The rear is not very different to an Ertiga. Also the interiors are no different to an Ertiga as well. I am not sure there are many folks who walk into a Nexa showroom without "knowing" that the Ertiga is better priced and also has a Diesel eingine option available!!
Atleast its a tried and tested AT, unlike some of the new ones where people are reporting heating issues.
dadu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2019, 16:15   #180
Senior - BHPian

So they were not happy with only getting inspired by the rear of a XC90. Now the inspiration has come from the front end of an Endevour.

But since the idea was to show that it is a new vehicle, lets add over the top cladding and an all black interior. Nothing you do surprises me anymore, Maruti.
bigron is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks