Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2021, 13:16   #646
BHPian

Re: Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is this the 5 door Jimny?

Attachment 2197005

Link
No. That's the Google Street view camera distortion since probably both vehicles (the camera car as well as the Jimny) are in motion and the AI cut-pasted it best it could but apparently not good enough.
Singh101 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 14:48   #647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojc View Post
Seems like an aftermarket conversion. Here's another one that I found:

Attachment 2197008
Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/71213237846090705/

EDIT: Here's another one, and this doesn't looks like an aftermarket chop job.

Attachment 2197013
Source: https://imgur.com/QOFznoV
These are tastefully done renders of the Jimny doing rounds of the internet for quite some time now, including TBHP. They undoubtedly look very real but are not!
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 15:44   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
No. That's the Google Street view camera distortion since probably both vehicles (the camera car as well as the Jimny) are in motion and the AI cut-pasted it best it could but apparently not good enough.
If it is an elongation of the car, why is nothing else lengthened above it in the background? Also, why is there no image of the Right side ORVM or the curves of the A-Pillar or the Rain Guard superimposed on the B-Pillar and onwards?

Looks like a legitimate image to me, not distorted, not elongated and probably 100% genuine as well. Let's wait and see the final product and then this can be compared to that for authenticity and genuineness.
AdityaDeane is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:20   #649
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 24th August 2021 at 07:04.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:39   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
If it is an elongation of the car, why is nothing else lengthened above it in the background?
Static background versus a moving object in the foreground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post
Also, why is there no image of the Right side ORVM or the curves of the A-Pillar or the Rain Guard superimposed on the B-Pillar and onwards?
There is a clear artifact/disjoint in the photo in regards to the rain guard. I've marked it with red in the following-
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-picsart_082308.32.07.png

Also, the comically long front door (especially when its not a 3-door body style) was a clear enough giveaway to my eye.

Cheers

Last edited by Singh101 : 23rd August 2021 at 20:41. Reason: Quoting/Formatting.
Singh101 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 09:31   #651
BHPian

I have seen 4x4 Squared conversion on Jimnys in Dubai, thought that was the wackiest mod I have ever seen on a Jimny. But this is even worst.
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-suzukijimnymodifiedbyfcscdubai1.jpg

I think it is just a bad photoshop job or google photo rendering issue, as we can see the driver side keyhole in the rear door as well. So it's just a copy of the front door.
Old 24th August 2021, 09:52   #652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh101 View Post
Static background versus a moving object in the foreground.

Also, the comically long front door (especially when its not a 3-door body style) was a clear enough giveaway to my eye.

Cheers
I too felt that it is a moving object stretch. The wheel arch is not present in the middle. I feel it might actually be a 5 door jimny.

It is surprising to see Suzuki drag its feet in bringing the Jimny to India. Jimny has had a fantastic response in every market it is present in. This iteration was launched some 3 or 4 years ago.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 15:30   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If it is the proportions look considerably out of whack, more like a stretch limo to me. I am curious about what off road ability it would have too given the length of wheel base and those relatively small tyres.

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 24th August 2021, 15:56   #654
BHPian

The Jimmy in it's three door standard form looks the best. Anything more will make it lose it's cheeky personality. It is a lifestyle vehicle and not meant to be practical commuter. Longer wheelbase and two extra doors are going to dilute it's spirit IMO.
Old 24th August 2021, 15:58   #655
Senior - BHPian

I didnt know Maruti have tied up with Force motors. This is a people mover in our rural area from the fields.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-forcetraxtoofan1068x643.jpg
maddy42 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:14   #656
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2197005

Link
I can confirm that this is not the 5 Door Jimny, may be photo is distorted or this is some edited image.
5 Door Jimny rear quarter glass is taller in size than its length and some renders as the one shown below is what I can find close to the design. The rear door also wont be as wide.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-12.jpg  

Adam is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 17:52   #657
BHPian

I think we can safely assume its a poor crop job only. This time probably by the AI.

Why would Suzuki, in their right minds put a keyhole on the rear door as visible in this picture which we are assuming to be a legitimate image of the 5 door Jimny?

Also, wouldn't Suzuki put at least a half decent camouflage on the vehicle?

Some pictures of the copied door handles/keyholes.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-9d0830e919c148a6a84ef4bbb52ae6dd.jpg  

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-screenshot_20210824174308_chrome.jpg  

Shreyas Agarwal is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 18:03   #658
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 25th August 2021 at 08:10.
ron_9191 is offline   Received Infraction
Old 25th August 2021, 01:21   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
It is surprising to see Suzuki drag its feet in bringing the Jimny to India. Jimny has had a fantastic response in every market it is present in.
I was absolutely in the same camp as you until I started looking at it more objectively.

Because make no mistake, as awesome as the Jimny is/seems, it's a modern interpretation of the MS Gypsy. Now I, personally, adore the Gypsy and its "Billy goat" nature. Maybe being a fauji brat has something to do with it, God knows.

But here, it's the real world the Jimny will be playing in. How many Gypsy lovers could it rope in for the (let's assume) price of <10L?

I see a few problems-

1. It's utilitarian. Too utilitarian.

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-images-2.jpeg

When you and I see that interior, it probably looks like a great place to climb in after mudding. Plus it even has a AVNT! Score!

But to the average Joe (and their spouse), they're gonna see scratchy plastics, a missing center console and that 90s gear lever boot.

*sigh* Fine, nevermind. Hits and misses, right? It ain't too bad!

*Turns and is greeted with-*

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-images-3.jpeg

The Venue, Sonet, Ecosport and Brezza have a clutch on this price bracket that I don't see breaking with the Jimny. The fancy 10.25" screens, the sunroof, Bose stereo and lounge lighting can't be fought with 'but this can actually go offroad!'.

2. Economy. The Jimny in the UK is rated at 36 mpg which comes out to around 12.75 km/l which..is not that great. Especially in that price bracket. A slab sided body, non existent aero and chunky wheels and tires must take their toll.

With skyrocketing fuel prices and no little diesel to (somewhat) ease the pain, I don't see how that glaring flaw could be ignored.

3. The X-Factor. This is a little harder to explain. Everything above can be shut down with one word: Thar. Obviously I don't know head from tail because literally everything applies to the mighty Thar and yet look how it flies off the shelves!

Maruti to finally bring Jimny to India?-images-6.jpeg

But wait. Mahindra has been able to find a groove with their product design and overall package that is hard to ignore. The Thar has a certain desirability, a 'pizzazz' which is entirely unquantifiable. That- seems to be missing here IMO.

Of course I'd love to be proven wrong. I'll happily quote this and eat my words if the Jimny launches and clicks. I'd love for Maruti Suzuki to take the plunge and bring a truly unique, fun car to our shores. It may not be the next Swift but God knows it'll be the most exciting product in MS' portfolio in years. Here's hoping!
Singh101 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th August 2021, 12:49   #660
BHPian

Almost all leading online auto portals have now published the said 'Google Maps' image of the '5 door Jimny'. Some say it is from Japan, some say it is from an unknown place. God knows how professional these so called leading auto portals are. I guess nobody wants to be left behind, even it means publishing a fake news item or an unverified, uncorroborated piece of news to say the least. A simple reverse search of the image on Google takes one to a few Twitter handles which published the same image at precisely the same date and time along with ditto 'description'. The origin of the said image is Twitter handles, which appear to be bots. Further forensic analysis, though not necessary, points to nowhere credible.

The Indian media has, however, made claims to be publishing real but leaked picture of a 5 door Jimny. Masses have got excited. There is a new scoop in town. Good for fetching traffic to ones website even if it means being party to spreading fake or bogus news item.

I say pathetic state of affairs for all, not only the auto enthusiasts.
Fuldagap is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks