Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 20:17   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Hyundai did give a fantastic proposition to the Indian market. The Creta was high priced right from its inception, and not to mention this current model. The Creta stood out for its styling, good road presence and neutral ride dynamics and not to mention the body roll when loaded up.

Is it worth for 17+ lakhs for the top model, well, for what it has to offer yes. But, basic features like rear wiper/defog not present in the EX model is a left swipe by Hyundai. All of a sudden Venue feels VFM, but again, some things Hyundai does in the name of cost cutting, does play spoilsport.

I think, it's better to get EX model, drive it for a while, then as it deems worth it, a better set of alloy wheels with wider tires, and it should retain the charm for a long time.

Cheers!
VJ
VijayAnand1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 21:05   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Hyundai Creta accessory kits revealed. Performance Kit and Adventure Kit.
Attachment 1981469

Attachment 1981470

Attachment 1981471

Attachment 1981472
I thought it was made by some Hyundai fanboy till I realized that it is actually legit. I'll have a good laughter to look at any of these eyesore kits on road. The car anyways have weird looks and doesn't require a kit.

That being said the E varient has a slapped on plastic. They could have given ports for a single din music system.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200319201824_youtube.jpg

There are few clever cost cutting done by Hyundai when I compare to Kia-
I haven't witnessed the car as I'm avoiding to leave my house but my observations through videos are-

• Door closer sensor is visible on the door lining as well well on the wheel arch (serves same purpose) whereas in Kia its inside the door mechanism which I couldn't figure out.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-picsart_031909.24.09.jpg

• Halogens fog don't match the led setup.
• 2 headrests in rear. Verna gave 3 in his fluidic generator. Why such absurd cost cutting?
• Brown key fobs. It doesn't even have brown used anywhere in the interior.
• The door has soft leather touch only on the armrest and not the entire beige portion. On the Seltos the entire beige area on the door is wrapped with leather (yes, it attracts dirt easily)
• Quietly omitted rain sensing wipers.

Weirdly enough I am liking the front end of the car alot. It's just the rear that fails to grow in. The thing that I most appreciate in this car is the high center console that looks so neat but at the same time very plasticky like the Kona.

Last edited by momsonlydriver : 19th March 2020 at 21:28.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 21:26   #498
Senior - BHPian

I think the rear section looks nicer when viewed on a black Creta. It hides the bulbous bodywork well.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 22:23   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
This might be slightly but I do know that I'm not the only one thinking the backside of the new Creta is not a looker!

So here is something I was able to draw up using the stylus(S-Pen) on my phone and I think Hyundai should have inculcated this design instead of what they've currently done.

One request is to Imagine those tail lamps with the glossy LED details inside them. Any other design that would have suited the new Creta than the current one? Please feel free to share your opinions.
I feel that your rendition is spot on. Really makes that otherwise dull bum look really perked up and fresh! The Hyundai actual looks droopy at best! the front looks even worse. For me the best looking Hyundai was the Old Sonata. Jaguar ka good looking bacha all the way!! Looks like hyundai has lost the plot and now, as someone commented... "We have to grow into the looks!"
What a load of Engine sludge! A car has to appeal to us. Period. A lousy looking car is just that! Lousy! Wake up Hyundai! And work on the costing while you are at it!
boohooper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th March 2020, 22:25   #500
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgogold View Post

So you mean to say the reviews of team-bhp are purposely misleading and promoting creta in saying that the handling is neutral? I think the mods should check on the quality of the reviews if this is the case.
hello dgogold , The creta in question is a 2015 or 2016 model which I drove on many occasions and formed my opinion on. From few of the responses here, I understand that in the subsequent iterations of Creta these issues were ironed out. Pardon my ignorance as I've not driven any other creta other than this.

There's no way team bhp reviews can be biased and misleading. Else you and me won't be here

Note: I've clicked inadvertently on the thanks button for this post of yours.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 19th March 2020 at 23:38. Reason: Fixed quotes.
Bibendum90949 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 06:16   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Coming to the Seltos and Creta - they both share the same Elantra Platform also known as K2 platform which is jointly owned by Hyundai-Kia. So the chances that the Creta will behave in the same league as Seltos is very high.
hi srivatsa , Just a query. Can the handling characteristics of two cars be similar if they merely share the same platform? doesn't it depend on other factors such as the suspension tuning and the tech used- like independent vs non independent etc. Would also like to hear from the fellow bhpians

Quote:
Apart from the cosmetics and appearance, internally the Creta and Seltos are 80% the same vehicle
On a lighter note, can the seltos - creta pair beat the rapid-vento & duster-terrano pair ?
Old 20th March 2020, 06:49   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
hi srivatsa , Just a query. Can the handling characteristics of two cars be similar if they merely share the same platform? doesn't it depend on other factors such as the suspension tuning and the tech used- like independent vs non independent etc.
Like I said earlier Creta and Seltos are 80% identical in terms of the parts used and hence in this particular context there is a higher probability that their behavior would be similar. And more importantly, I wanted to stress the fact that Hyundai & Kia are finally offering something superior as compared to the first gen of Creta. For a confirmation - it is always recommended to wait for some test drive reviews which should come up soon and take a test drive when available.

Now coming to your question on a more generic note, it is possible to tune the suspension to some degree like what you have called out. Not just the tech, the aerodynamics of the car influenced by the shape of the car also play to very large extent as well as the weight distribution of the car. For example, an SUV cannot match the behavior of a Sedan (sedan is superior) even if they are built on the same platform. Similarly recent reports say electric vehicles are much more stable than typical ICE cars as they fit the battery pack at the base and there is no engine weight in the front.

Quote:
On a lighter note, can the seltos - creta pair beat the rapid-vento & duster-terrano pair ?
Comparison of a sedan with an SUV in terms of handling is already explained above. So, there is no point in comparing Seltos-Creta with Rapid-Vento.

Coming to the Duster-Terrano pair - maybe the suspension setup is superior but they fail as an overall package...

Last edited by vsrivatsa : 20th March 2020 at 06:51.
vsrivatsa is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 07:04   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Comparison of a sedan with an SUV in terms of handling is already explained above. So, there is no point in comparing Seltos-Creta with Rapid-Vento.

Coming to the Duster-Terrano pair - maybe the suspension setup is superior but they fail as an overall package...
Thanks for the detailed reply Srivatasa. Appreciate it.

By the way, my comparison with Vento - Rapid and Duster - Terrano was on the aspect of parts sharing from the common bin and the cars being identical , not on other aspects. Can Seltos - Creta beat them in that respect , probably not ( on a lighter note anyways )
Old 20th March 2020, 09:36   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I agree about current gen Verna (post 2017) being based on K2 Platform/Elantra Platform and there are no doubts about it. That is what I said in the post as well - what used to be criticized as a "boat" on team-bhp prior to 2017, is now well appreciated for its handling due to the platform change.

Can you share some reference/link which shows info on the platform of the 1st Gen Creta? I agree there is lot of confusion about it

]

Enclosing a snapshot of one of the very first Autocar India test drives of the Creta in 2015. Its says that the Creta uses a modified version of the Elantra, so im guessing it would be the fluidic Elantra. Also, in another video from Overdrive, its shown that the Creta was manufactured in a different plant along with the Elantra and the Tucson, while all other cars including the Verna and the i20 were manufactured in a different plant. And lastly, my personal experience as well, although Im no expert, I have a 2018 Creta 1.6 diesel and an 2019 Elite i20 as well and I can tell you they are nothing alike! Completely different feel and behaviours! And since there was very strong perception that the Creta is the i20 on stilts, I went thru multiple forums and drives before I made my purchase in 2018. Yes, there is no concrete evidence on platform sharing of a lot of Hyundai cars, but from what i see and experience, I would like to believe that the Creta is very different from the Elite i20.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-imageuploadedbyteambhp1584676986.329896.jpg
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2020, 12:29   #505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
Enclosing a snapshot of one of the very first Autocar India test drives of the Creta in 2015. Its says that the Creta uses a modified version of the Elantra, so im guessing it would be the fluidic Elantra. Also, in another video from Overdrive, its shown that the Creta was manufactured in a different plant along with the Elantra and the Tucson, while all other cars including the Verna and the i20 were manufactured in a different plant. And lastly, my personal experience as well, although Im no expert, I have a 2018 Creta 1.6 diesel and an 2019 Elite i20 as well and I can tell you they are nothing alike! Completely different feel and behaviours! And since there was very strong perception that the Creta is the i20 on stilts, I went thru multiple forums and drives before I made my purchase in 2018. Yes, there is no concrete evidence on platform sharing of a lot of Hyundai cars, but from what i see and experience, I would like to believe that the Creta is very different from the Elite i20.

Attachment 1981732

I second this. Having owned a Creta and an elite i20 I can vouch that a Creta is not an i20 on stilts, they are totally different, however I would say that steering feel is somewhat the same.
Old 20th March 2020, 17:34   #506
BHPian

Quote:

reply-

The Seltos/Creta pair is way superior to the Duster/Terrano twins in terms of interior quality and list of features. But they can't hold a candle to the twins in terms of ride quality and suspension set up.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 10:38   #507
BHPian

So I got a chance to take a quick look at the Creta displayed at a nearby Hyundai showroom. Couple of youtubers were there oogling and wow-ing at the car and inserting their camera lens at every hole in the car. Here are my thoughts on Creta (test drive has not commenced yet)-

- Although I did not like the new design language when I first saw it in pictures, but with time, it has definitely grown on me and now I think it looks quite futuristic.

- Seltos has a terrible back seat with very short seat squab, Creta has a comfortable backseat and under-thigh support was adequate. (My height is 5'8'')

- They had the 1.4 DCT version on display with the grey alloys, not the sexy diamond cut ones. I overlooked it thinking it probably is due to a prototype model for showroom display, but turns out, those the tyre-of-choice for this Turbo variant. Why Hyundai, WHY??? [insert the head-banging emoji] When I'm spending the 20 big ones on this car, I need it to be kitted out to the gills, which I know it otherwise is but for those diamond cut alloys!

- The boot is spacious (433 litres) and no loading lip.

- And the most important aspect of the turbo variant are the all black interiors. I was just sold when I first saw them. They simply would work perfect with our Indian conditions.

- While seating in the backseat, with that comfy and super soft head pillow on the neck restraints and with the panaromic sunroof open, it surely will give you the feels.

- Fit and finish was up to the usual Hyundai stands we have come to expect.

- Overall, it felt like a nicely put together big-ish SUV, ready to take on the market with a storm.

See below a few quick shots I clicked.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-front-lamp.jpg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-side-look.jpg
SPB_drives is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:04   #508
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPB_drives View Post
Seltos has a terrible back seat with very short seat squab, Creta has a comfortable backseat and under-thigh support was adequate. (My height is 5'8'')
This seems to be an important and critical comment - will have to wait for few more people who have already tried the new Creta to comment.

Official Review of the Kia Seltos seems to say positive things:
Quote:
The seatback has a comfortable angle. Headroom is good. At 5'10", I had ~3" of clearance and found the thigh support to be alright (as seen in the pic). Taller people might find the seat to be a little lower than expected though:
vsrivatsa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:46   #509
Senior - BHPian

I like the fact that the led drls are standard right from the base variant. Yes, the led strips are narrow upfront and in the rear taillights on the E and EX variants(you get thick led strip only on the rear of the S variant).
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:50   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahven View Post
So here is something I was able to draw up using the stylus(S-Pen) on my phone and I think Hyundai should have inculcated this design instead of what they've currently done.
You should seriously be a car designer. Your version looks superb and I wish Hyundai had designed it that way. In comparison Hyundai's design looks really bad at least in pics.
Djay is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks