Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2020, 12:57   #526
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
Was having a look at the click to buy option of the New Creta. The interior colour of the car has an option of Moss Grey or Obsidian Black. As per the information on the website(www.hyundai.com), there is no customized option of interiors. The black interiors are available only on the turbo version of the car from what I have read till now. Any idea on this? Attaching a screenshot for reference.
The turbo varient is only having the black interior with orange inserts whereas the rest of the engine options are getting black and beige combination with silver accent. This is the same case for it's younger sibling - 2020 facelifted Hyundai Verna.
momsonlydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 13:08   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsonlydriver View Post
The turbo varient is only having the black interior with orange inserts whereas the rest of the engine options are getting black and beige combination with silver accent. This is the same case for it's younger sibling - 2020 facelifted Hyundai Verna.
Yes aware of that, but have they given an option to select the interiors on the 1.5 Petrol/Diesel so the confusion
Old 20th April 2020, 13:10   #528
Senior - BHPian

Sigh. All the reviews are for the 1.4l turbo variant. Has anyone found one for the 1.5 NA petrol?
Nithesh_M is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 13:26   #529
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
Sigh. All the reviews are for the 1.4l turbo variant. Has anyone found one for the 1.5 NA petrol?
This is the only one as of now.

@mods can you please merge the posts.

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 20th April 2020 at 13:34.
hareshjethwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 15:32   #530
Distinguished - BHPian

The reviewer keeps praising the refinement and low noise level and says the power is adequate for both within the city and overtaking. This is quite vague and I am hoping the Team-bhp review will clarify the adequacy of the 1.5 NA engines’ power for this car. The 9.99 lakh ex-showroom price for the Ex 1.5 Petrol Manual variant is for sure tempting, it comes with basic safety features, an 8 inch touchscreen system and projector headlamps.

The reviewer could have used the opportunity to do a complete exterior and interior walkthrough of the EX variant rather than just talk about the engine.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th April 2020 at 17:22. Reason: Typos
Old 20th April 2020, 16:14   #531
BHPian

Quote:
The reviewer could have used the opportunity to do a complete exterior and interior walkthrough of the EX variant rather than just talk about the engine.
Looks like he had the car for a very limited time and the car owner was right over his head while he was at it.
There are a lot of exterior walkthrough videos I guess so he must have opted to review the engine rather than the exterior.

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 20th April 2020 at 16:36.
Old 20th April 2020, 16:54   #532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hareshjethwani View Post
This is the only one as of now.
Some people noted in his Diesel Creta review that the car's speedometer is disconnected. The car is supposed to be handed to a customer but the dealership gave it to him before that for test drive review.

Nithesh_M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 16:19   #533
Senior - BHPian

First Drive review by Overdrive.

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 16:26   #534
Senior - BHPian

Overdrive is probably the closest review that has come to mentioning how different the suspension setup and dynamics is compared to the Seltos. I was hoping Hyundai would have a softer suspension setup than the Seltos because I live around bad roads but it looks like Hyundai didn't want a chalk and cheese option for customers across the brands.

Guess I will have to wait for a test drive myself but I hope the introductory pricing doesn't change by then.
Old 24th April 2020, 18:09   #535
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Gosh, this car is really ugly! I watched a couple of videos this afternoon and can't believe this is what Hyundai has finally launched. It's got a very "ugly concept car" vibe to it. IMHO, the styling will be one of the reasons that Hyundai won't match the Seltos in sales.
GTO is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 18:53   #536
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
IMHO, the styling will be one of the reasons that Hyundai won't match the Seltos in sales.
Can I have a Seltos with the cabin of the Creta? That would be the car I would buy without a TD! I love the new Creta's sophisticated cabin layout. Seltos' dashboard is a bit too flashy & in your face for my liking. Creta has a more European vibe to it & I like it, despite that weird steering design & video game like driver's console.

Exteriors - Well Seltos for me - but then with time, I have started disliking the new Creta less. I don't think its "growing on me" as such yet, but still, I have started to appreciate the detailing and sophistication in the design elements that they have gone with. While I don't like it - it isn't technically "bad". Its just not to my taste! Effort that has gone into the design even to the tiniest levels - is evident in the finished product. I'll appreciate that any day.

2 things I'm not able to digest though -
  1. The absolutely useless & unsafe position of the center rear stop lamp. Its not a high mounted stop lamp that it is supposed to be!
  2. The stupidly positioned turn indicators and reversing lamps. They aren't recessed deep either! We are going to see a lot of replacements frequently on cars used in city traffic.
Whats interesting to note is - the tail lamp cluster has a body coloured applique between red elements which is a part of the tail lamp assembly itself! So in case of a replacement - will this panel come black & have to be painted? Or they'll ship with requested colour based on chassis number? Or its black & I thought its body coloured?

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th April 2020 at 19:03.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 19:21   #537
Senior - BHPian

I thought it was ugly in the photos online too but when the dealer called me up post launch, I actually liked it when I saw it in person (SX 1.5) The grille design is the only eyesore for me because its too big and has an odd shape. The front end looks more like the old Ambassador's with it. But once inside you'll forget the Seltos altogether. Didn't mind the rear design on the black car. Lighter colour will make it look like it had a botched buttock enhancement surgery.

And the alloys are a letdown. Weird how they get alloys looking good on Nios/i20 but botch it here.

With the Seltos HTK costing a cool 1 lakh over the EX Creta in KA (Thanks to TCS and Additional road tax over 10l) I think Creta will even the odds vs Seltos not only on the lower end but also on the top variant not just because of that sunroof but almost all reviewers are claiming the Hyundai DCT is more sorted and the paddle shifters are a plus.
Nithesh_M is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 19:33   #538
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Gosh, this car is really ugly! I watched a couple of videos this afternoon and can't believe this is what Hyundai has finally launched. It's got a very "ugly concept car" vibe to it. IMHO, the styling will be one of the reasons that Hyundai won't match the Seltos in sales.
It looks horrendous and I completely dismissed it based on the style. IT has too much of quirk outside but interiors are so nice.

The Seltos looks good outside but the dash is OTT. The Creta is the reverse!

Moreover the Creta gets the all black in the top end petrol which the Seltos doesn't.

But today, after seeing the Overdrive video above, the design was less of a put off. That Forest Green colour looked damn good and the overall styling was palatable. It's available only on the Turbo petrol and it kind of works on the Creta. It hides all the quirky lines and curves. Just see the Overdrive video and I'm sure a few will agree with me.

Any other colour and it just looks straight up horrible.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200424-19.37.37.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200424-19.36.12.jpeg

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-whatsapp-image-20200424-19.35.51.jpeg

Last edited by Vid6639 : 24th April 2020 at 19:43.
Vid6639 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 20:42   #539
BHPian

The sunroof on this car, the area open to the sky when fully open is massive, both in terms of width and length. Bigger than the Compass in both and length compared to the Skoda Kodiaq sunroof.

Would be a great buy after the design quirks are straightened out in model refreshes. I particularly dislike the rear stop lights, feels like a tape stuck over lights haphazardly.
Ford5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2020, 21:06   #540
Senior - BHPian

Also hope Hyundai will stop this trend of having the C pillars painted in different shade than the rest of the body. It ruins the look on the Aura and the Creta.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks