Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2020, 13:35   #511
BHPian

Re: 2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
I like the fact that the led drls are standard right from the base variant. Yes, the led strips are narrow upfront and in the rear taillights on the E and EX variants(you get thick led strip only on the rear of the S variant).
These led strips are so thin that I belive they could be FOC type instead of a multiple led+ diffuser design meaning less led's and more possibility of failure. Tata's harrier "XM" also has lesser DRL bulbs and are Halogen vs LED in higher variants but the diffuser is of same dimensions resulting in similar looks with the possibility of using LED later as drop in replacements.

Last edited by Brishti : 22nd March 2020 at 13:40.
Old 22nd March 2020, 14:24   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brishti View Post
Tata's harrier "XM" also has lesser DRL bulbs and are Halogen vs LED in higher variants but the diffuser is of same dimensions resulting in similar looks with the possibility of using LED later as drop in replacements.
I did enquire at TaMo dealer on if its possible to upgrade the lower 2 variant drls to higher variant led ones. Was told it would need new wiring kit and won't be done by dealer. I'm now wondering if its possible to retrofit the base Creta with top Creta's head and tail lamp setup.

The aftermarket scene here isn't big so I don't trust on anyone having to splice wires to retrofit without adequate tools.
Old 23rd March 2020, 14:01   #513
BHPian

Planning to upgrade from 2014 Grand i10 (auto) to new Creta sometime down this year.
In Bangalore, for buying experience/offers who is better Advaith or Trident? I got my i10 from Trident (KR Puram) since it is close to home.

Can we buy from one & have the service done in other? what are the pros/cons?

Go for a exchange or sell i10 on own?
Old 23rd March 2020, 14:10   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyrider View Post

Absolutely, you can buy from any one and get it serviced at any Hyundai service centre. There are no pros and cons.

Try checking how much money you're getting if you sell it on your own, but Hyundai might have exchange bonus, which is a discount over and above the selling price of your car.
DeKay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 03:54   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Planning to upgrade from 2014 Grand i10 (auto) to new Creta sometime down this year.
Hi easyrider,
Firstly, Creta is a good upgrade for i10. Good choice.

Now, here are my views on your queries:

Quote:
In Bangalore, for buying experience/offers who is better Advaith or Trident? I got my i10 from Trident (KR Puram) since it is close to home.
Sales:
Don't worry on sales part. Just check in multiple showrooms and get an idea on pricing and discounts. Then go ahead with whomever gives better pricing/offers and whomever you feel, can handle your buying process better.
I believe more than the showroom, its the sales executive whom we interact with, either breaks or makes a deal.

In Bangalore, prominent dealers of Hyundai are :
Advaith
Trident
Blue
Lakshmi
Pavan

Since you stay near KR Puram, you can checkout:
1. Trident Hyundai at KR Puram
2. Advaith Hyundai at Avalahalli
3. Lakshmi Hyundai at KalyanNagar / Whitefield

So it purely depends on what pricing/offers you get and which dealership you feel better approachable.
(Sometime back, my friend had shortlisted Trident, but got a better deal at Lakshmi. So he went ahead with Lakshmi Hyundai)

Quote:
Service:
More than sales, service is the one we should be more concerned about.
Purchasing is a one time deal, but service is for years to come.
Again, you can buy from one dealership and get the service done at other dealer's service centre. No problem at all.
Incase you are satisfied with the trident service, you can still get your car serviced there, even if you don't purchase your car from them.

Quote:
Selling your old car: (you can follow below steps)
1. Check in cars 24, friend's circle, OLX etc to get an idea on your car valuation
2. Check if prices obtained from above meets your expectation
3. Then check in dealership, what is the price they quote in case of exchange
4. Incase you are satisfied with the final offer
(selling price + exchange bonus), go ahead with exchange.
5. Incase of exchange, it saves you from the hassles of searching a buyer, selling, documentation etc.
(Also if exchanged, in most cases you will get to keep your car until 1-2 days before your new car delivery)
6. Incase you are not satisfied with exchange offer, you can sell it on your own, as per your convenience

Though I stay in Bangalore, usually I get my i10 serviced in my hometown at Advaith, since I am familiar with all the staff there.
Even the service from Bangalore Advaith(ITPL) was not bad, as per my limited experience with them.

All 3 Hyundai cars my brother owns, were bought one each from Advaith, Blue and Pavan.
As per him all dealership were good. But service wise he prefers Pavan Hyundai, for their better approach.

Last edited by DLC5005 : 24th March 2020 at 04:24. Reason: Quote was missing
DLC5005 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th March 2020, 10:21   #516
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
Hi easyrider,
Firstly, Creta is a good upgrade for i10. Good choice.

Now, here are my views on your queries:
Thanks DLC5005. Team-bhp thrives because of such helpful and informative community.

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th March 2020 at 11:00. Reason: For easy readability, please do not quote the whole post. Thank you!
easyrider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 08:14   #517
BANNED

A specifications comparison between the 2020 Hyundai Creta and its competition.

In this comparison, I've pitted the 2020 Hyundai Creta with the Kia Seltos, VW T-Roc, MG Hector, Tata Harrier, Jeep Compass and the Mahindra XUV 5OO.

2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-untitled.png

PS: Click on the picture to open a larger higher-resolution version in a new window/tab.
a4anurag is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th March 2020, 19:04   #518
BHPian

At least one decent review of the Creta 2020 is now out. Please check out the free pdf of the April 2020 edition of the Autocar India magazine available on their website.

Main points:

- suspension set up is softer compared to Seltos.
- DCT feels more refined in the Creta.
- Overall, very similar to Seltos. But because of paddleshifters and panoramic sunroof, it is likely to again be a hot-seller.
SPB_drives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2020, 11:37   #519
Senior - BHPian

I didn't know about this or maybe I've missed this if posted earlier.

Hyundai offers three different drive modes with the Creta Turbo, namely Eco, Comfort and Sport. These not only adjust the car’s engine and transmission settings but also alter the digital speedometer accordingly. The Comfort mode displays a more relaxed speedo with a dark blue colour, while the Eco mode changes the colour to aqua blue. The Sport mode on the other hand, gets a more aggressive appearance with a highlighted dial and red colour.

Additionally, the New Creta also gets three different traction control/terrain modes – Snow, Mud and Sand.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-2020hyundaicretainterior4696x392.jpg  

RM Motorsports is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 22:29   #520
BANNED

This showed up in my YouTube recommendations today.
Shows the Old and new Creta side by side, from the rear.

turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2020, 12:10   #521
Distinguished - BHPian

Interesting, the new one looks significantly wider and shorter/more squat than the old.

This is in line with the global trend of crossovers replacing SUVs. All that people really want from an SUV is higher ground clearance, a higher seating position, and more vertical space in the cabin. They do not really care for height and road presence, off road ability, 4WD etc.
Old 12th April 2020, 13:03   #522
BHPian

Was having a look at the click to buy option of the New Creta. The interior colour of the car has an option of Moss Grey or Obsidian Black. As per the information on the website(www.hyundai.com), there is no customized option of interiors. The black interiors are available only on the turbo version of the car from what I have read till now. Any idea on this? Attaching a screenshot for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2nd-Gen Hyundai Creta @ Auto Expo 2020. Edit: Launched at 9.99 lakhs-screenshot_20200412125655993.jpg  

Last edited by hareshjethwani : 12th April 2020 at 13:20.
Old 20th April 2020, 11:08   #523
Senior - BHPian

2020 Hyundai Creta First Drive - Autocar India

Old 20th April 2020, 12:07   #524
Senior - BHPian

From Evo India

TopGearMag India

Venkatesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 12:15   #525
BHPian

I guess it's the only time no one will be able to complain about his driving style.

JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks