Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2022, 11:40   #466
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
You can try your luck by making another booking. But as per my dealer, there are hardly any cancellations for the Luxury variants
Shireesh auto folks are saying 6 months they can arrange if we book now. Not sure if that is true. Why would the 3 months old bookings wont come by then
Old 19th October 2022, 18:21   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRIR45 View Post
Shireesh auto folks are saying 6 months they can arrange if we book now. Not sure if that is true. Why would the 3 months old bookings wont come by then
You do a duplicate booking only to take advantage of any cancellations at that particular dealership.

I believe it's just one queue (for the variant + colour combination) across the country which means your duplicate booking will be in the same queue but 3 months behind.
Old 19th October 2022, 19:30   #468
BHPian

My SA replied this to my queries as to what is the current estimate of getting the car:
"Next allotted car is yours". What does he mean by this? I am not able to reach him after this.

Note: Booked on 10 March 2022. AX7L P AT Midnight Black. CPD Apr-May 2023
Old 19th October 2022, 20:14   #469
srh
BHPian

Quote:
My SA replied this to my queries as to what is the current estimate of getting the car:
"Next allotted car is yours". What does he mean by this? I am not able to reach him after this.

Note: Booked on 10 March 2022. AX7L P AT Midnight Black. CPD Apr-May 2023
M&M is doing 6k+ dispatches every month. The semi-conductor shortage is history. Post launch, they have had enough time to ramp up the capacity across the supply chain. So my prediction is that most backlog will be cleared in first quarter of CY-23 and the vehicle will be available with reasonable wait time by second quarter of CY-23
srh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 10:40   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
M&M is doing 6k+ dispatches every month. The semi-conductor shortage is history. Post launch, they have had enough time to ramp up the capacity across the supply chain. So my prediction is that most backlog will be cleared in first quarter of CY-23 and the vehicle will be available with reasonable wait time by second quarter of CY-23
Thanks, but I was looking for what exactly the SA meant by "Next allotted car is yours". What specific timelines are we looking at?
Old 20th October 2022, 11:14   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I was looking for what exactly the SA meant by "Next allotted car is yours". What specific timelines are we looking at?
it means when the showroom gets the particular variant it will be allotted to you. From my conversations with SA this allotment happens twice a month, so i would say you should get a allotment call within next month. Post allotment the car will be delivered within few weeks. All the best
W@SIM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 15:34   #472
BHPian

Wonder why Mahindra are aggressively promoting XUV 700 on T20 WC advertisements.
They are struggling to deliver orders with huge backlog. Advertising is usually directed to drive sales higher. With such waiting times, Mahindra should think long term and work on their production capacity.
Old 22nd October 2022, 16:45   #473
BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer where I'd booked an AX7 AWD in Aug 22. Initially they tried to play the "car allotted to you from factory, will reach the yard in a week or so, confirm if you want to take delivery or we'll have to pass to the next customer" card but it sounded too good to be true. On probing they sheepishly admitted that the vehicle is already with them & it's another customer's alotted one who backed out. Anyways, I don't want the vehicle till December and so there's apparently an AX7 AT AWD Midnight black available at Chandigarh for ready delivery if someone is interested. I'm not sure if it's ok to share the dealer/RM's details here so PM me if anyone needs it.

Last edited by Vtach : 22nd October 2022 at 16:46.
Vtach is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2022, 18:25   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingakash View Post
Wonder why Mahindra are aggressively promoting XUV 700 on T20 WC advertisements.
They are struggling to deliver orders with huge backlog. Advertising is usually directed to drive sales higher. With such waiting times, Mahindra should think long term and work on their production capacity.
They will also have a metric for orders and then sales. Both the metrics are tracked and orders are very important in the current times due to supply chain planning involved. So, this could be the reason and they want to jack up the orders
Old 23rd October 2022, 09:43   #475
BHPian

@Bangalore folks, just want to get a sense on how much more wait time I have ahead of me as I am losing patience looking at some of the delivery timelines of others in the forum. I booked an AX7 L P AT midnight black on Jan 3rd, 2022 at Anant Cars, Mysore road. Whenever I enquire, SA just parrots the online status which currently reflects Feb-Mar '23 (last occassion to my utter shock, he said Sept-Oct '23, which was the old online date). Am I to understand that only when M&M central allots/invoices the car is only when Anant cars find out when they can deliver? Does that mean I should either wait till Feb-Mar of next year or just give up on this damn car and explore other options?

Last edited by GPJ_23 : 23rd October 2022 at 09:44.
Old 23rd October 2022, 11:07   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
@Bangalore folks, just want to get a sense on how much more wait time I have ahead of me as I am losing patience looking at some of the delivery timelines of others in the forum. I booked an AX7 L P AT midnight black on Jan 3rd, 2022 at Anant Cars, Mysore road. Whenever I enquire, SA just parrots the online status which currently reflects Feb-Mar '23 (last occassion to my utter shock, he said Sept-Oct '23, which was the old online date). Am I to understand that only when M&M central allots/invoices the car is only when Anant cars find out when they can deliver? Does that mean I should either wait till Feb-Mar of next year or just give up on this damn car and explore other options?
Same situation with my AX7L DAT booking from Dec'22. Apart from the online portal date, which doesn't change in real time, you should be getting monthly updates on your CPD (Customer Promised Date) from the dealer. Some owners helped to clarify what could potentially happen on that date (See below).

With L models, there is hardly any cancellation and likely chances of an earlier and surprise delivery is remote.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5423751 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)
Old 24th October 2022, 22:12   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Had booked AX7 D MT - initial date was Aug 2023. Moved to Dec 2022, now moved to Nov 22.
talk to Sales Manager and ask him how many more people in the queue, this will surely give you a good idea. i think you should get it this year. All the best
W@SIM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2022, 17:38   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Booked on 10 March 2022. AX7L P AT Midnight Black at Ananth Cars Bannerghatta Road. CPD Apr-May 2023. Last week my SA said the next allotted car is mine. Which means that my booking is top of the queue for the variant at Ananth Cars Bannerghatta Road. He says I can expect the car next month. But there is no change in online status or CPD. If any of this is true, then you can expect yours also by next month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W@SIM View Post
Had booked AX7 D MT - initial date was Aug 2023. Moved to Dec 2022, now moved to Nov 22.
talk to Sales Manager and ask him how many more people in the queue, this will surely give you a good idea. i think you should get it this year. All the best
Has your status changed from "Order under planning"? Even though mine as per SA is top of the queue, it is still stuck at "Order under planning"

Last edited by amahale : 25th October 2022 at 17:46.
amahale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 11:41   #479

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
Congratulations!
I too liked it, booked it, forgot about it!

Booked an AX7L AWD Diesel Everest White. Now just need to go to cryo sleep and wake up after 92 weeks.
Update: I got the car delivered in just 4 months. It seems the XUV700 wait times are crashing down dramatically.
Dev_GT is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2022, 12:51   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
Update: I got the car delivered in just 4 months. It seems the XUV700 wait times are crashing down dramatically.
Wow!! Congratulations!! You booked the variant with the highest wait time and still got it in 4 months. Mine is now almost 8 months and counting. I know some are waiting for even longer.

What was the timelines with respect to the status changes in the online tracking?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks