Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2022, 22:29   #481
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
It seems the XUV700 wait times are crashing down dramatically.
I think & hope so too, 2 of the people I know who are waiting deliveries have done 2 , and one has 3 bookings with different dealers. Wonder if this a larger phenomenon and how many of the touted 1.70 lakh bookings are such muliple bookings. As one car gets delivered, these duplicate bookings would get removed and the waiting period of other customers is likely to reduce much rapidly than what a linear waiting list timeline might suggest.
Vtach is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 10:19   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
Wow!! Congratulations!! You booked the variant with the highest wait time and still got it in 4 months. Mine is now almost 8 months and counting. I know some are waiting for even longer.

What was the timelines with respect to the status changes in the online tracking?
Thank you! I guess I got lucky with some cancellations. Since AWD has less number of overall bookings, effect of cancellations are more drastic. Also, the negative publicity of AWD variants by some youtubers have helped.

I took test drive and booked the car on 10th June 2022 at Randhawa Motors, Dombivali (Mumbai). Test drive was more of a formality and to show the car to my family. We had already decided on the car, variant and colour. It was updated in system 3 days later showing booking date as 11th June 2022 and estimated delivery in May 2024.

Kept following up with dealer every week, and the response was always the same - deliveries are decided by Mahindra and dealer has no say in it.

In Aug 2022 did another booking of same variant and colour at Hare Krishna Motors, Mulund (Mumbai), which had a delivery of Jan-2024 and is still showing the same. Someone else is going to be benefitted when I cancel that.

On 23rd Aug, my first booking delivery date got updated to September 2023 from the earlier May 2024.

On 2nd of Oct, I got call from my dealer that a car has been allocated to me and is currently under transit. Conducted PDI on 13th Oct and took delivery on 23 Oct.

I received the 2nd key but no sequential indicator. Dealership tried to pull one over me my saying that sequential indicators have been discontinued across all variants (mine is AX7L AWD). I demanded any written document stating the same, either update brochure or an email from Mahindra and vowed not to leave the showroom until I have any of these in written. Finally they issued me a letter stating the sequential indicators will be installed when available.

As of now car has done only 250km and I am still getting the hang of ACC. Will post a more exhaustive ownership update maybe after 2k km.
Dev_GT is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2022, 14:45   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev_GT View Post
Update: I got the car delivered in just 4 months. It seems the XUV700 wait times are crashing down dramatically.
Congrats! Seems like lucky. There is no Indication from my SA and it does not look like I will get even in next six months. Website my booking section still shows as Jan 24.
Old 2nd November 2022, 23:41   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
M&M is doing 6k+ dispatches every month. The semi-conductor shortage is history. Post launch, they have had enough time to ramp up the capacity across the supply chain. So my prediction is that most backlog will be cleared in first quarter of CY-23 and the vehicle will be available with reasonable wait time by second quarter of CY-23
Got a message from M& M that my estimated delivery date is advanced and now it shows as Sep-Oct 23, pulled in by 3 months.
Old 3rd November 2022, 05:47   #485
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My wait time was slashed by 9 months and I took delivery three months ago. Most of my colleagues who booked along with me also have taken delivery, some, even before I got mine. It is a case of production up and cancellations up as well.
rajeevsulu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2022, 11:42   #486
BHPian

AX5 D MT, booked on March 2022. Estimated delivery was one year out, till few days back.

Yesterday got an sms from mahindra regarding production ramp up helping them to make delivery earlier than promised. And also a link to status of booking.

Looks like the eta has been pulled in by 4 months. The updated delivery window is now targeting December 6th.
Old 8th November 2022, 16:44   #487
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have booked AX7L D AT Midnight Black on 29-Sep-22. It's been close to 6 weeks, my booking status is still showing "Booking Complete". Any idea how long this usually takes to move to next step which is "Order Processed".

Mentally prepared to wait for a year if I don't like anything else in market but still curious to know from past experiences how booking schedule moves. Does it remain stuck in "Booking complete" for ages? I have written to dealer and awaiting response.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 | Long wait times for deliveries-delivery-status.png  

Old 8th November 2022, 17:58   #488

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachin_Nair View Post
Hi Guys,

I have booked AX7L D AT Midnight Black on 29-Sep-22. It's been close to 6 weeks, my booking status is still showing "Booking Complete". Any idea how long this usually takes to move to next step which is "Order Processed".

Mentally prepared to wait for a year if I don't like anything else in market but still curious to know from past experiences how booking schedule moves. Does it remain stuck in "Booking complete" for ages? I have written to dealer and awaiting response.
I had booked directly via the mahindra portal on 9th Oct and faced the same issu - it eventually got fixed around 1st Nov (seeing a delivery date of Feb 2024).

Initially I didn't see a delivery date for a couple of weeks and then had raised a query to the bookingsupport@mahindra.com on my dealer's (which I had picked for delivery of the vehicle) suggestion

Not sure if it was the mail that fixed the issue or the repeated calls to support(finally threatening them that I'll be cancelling the order) but it got fixed around 1-2 Nov (right after the call where I told the support person I'll be cancelling by booking and want an exception to the 10% deduction rule)
NRing_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2022, 18:49   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRing_ View Post
I had booked directly via the mahindra portal on 9th Oct and faced the same issu - it eventually got fixed around 1st Nov (seeing a delivery date of Feb 2024).

Initially I didn't see a delivery date for a couple of weeks and then had raised a query to the bookingsupport@mahindra.com on my dealer's (which I had picked for delivery of the vehicle) suggestion

Not sure if it was the mail that fixed the issue or the repeated calls to support(finally threatening them that I'll be cancelling the order) but it got fixed around 1-2 Nov (right after the call where I told the support person I'll be cancelling by booking and want an exception to the 10% deduction rule)
Thanks for your suggestion. I have followed your footsteps and emailed them now. I hope to receive a positive response. Although the Feb 2024 date is crazy. Hopefully the dates get revised and you get a surprise call from M&M for allotment. All the best!
Old 12th November 2022, 14:30   #490
BHPian

Since the search is limited to more than 3 characters I couldn't search with the word "C2".
Does any know what is the difference between "AX7 L D AT AWD" and "AX7 L D AT AWD C2"?

Edit: Google provided me with search result https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5411705 (Mahindra XUV700 Review)

As explaind by "haribalram", "Learnt that C2 means - CAFE-2 (Corporate Average Fuel Efficiency) Regulations compliance. No other changes to the (current) feature set of the car."

Mods: If required please delete this post.

Last edited by Kannan : 12th November 2022 at 14:32.
Kannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2022, 11:27   #491
BHPian

Link

Quote:
Mahindra has announced that it is ramping up production capacity for its popular SUVs to around 6 lakh units per annum in the next 12-15 months.

Mahindra’s overall manufacturing capacity to go up gradually
Mahindra’s monthly production capacity is set to increase from 29,000 units in Q4 FY2022 to 49,000 units by Q4 of FY2024, the company announced on Friday. The SUV brand also announced an investment of Rs 7,900 crore over a period of three years.

Mahindra Thar, Scorpio N, XUV300, XUV700 production to increase
The Thar's production will increase from 4,000 units a month to 6,000 units a month, the XUV300 from 5,000 units a month to 9,500 units, and the Scorpio N to 10,000 units a month from the current 6,000. Its popular XUV700 SUV, too, will see its production pushed to 10,000 units a month from the current 6,000 units.

For its EV portfolio, Mahindra will be creating a manufacturing capacity of 15,000 to 17,000 units a month, accounting for 20-30 percent of the company's total line-up. Mahindra will introduce the XUV400 EV SUV early next year.

Mahindra SUV waiting periods in November 2022
A quick check with dealers has revealed that the waiting period of the Scorpio N ranges from 15 weeks to 105 weeks, depending on variant, while the Scorpio Classic can be delivered in 12-15 weeks. The XUV700’s waiting period ranges from 4-6 weeks and goes up to 72 weeks for the top variants. The Thar, however, can be delivered in as early as 3-12 weeks.

Last edited by varunswnt : 13th November 2022 at 11:31.
Old 15th November 2022, 17:29   #492
BHPian

Received an email from the showroom that the Tentative Customer Delivery Date(as per Mahindra) is Jan 26, 2023. Do others waiting receive similar emails and how accurate are these dates?
GPJ_23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2022, 17:35   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
Received an email from the showroom that the Tentative Customer Delivery Date(as per Mahindra) is Jan 26, 2023. Do others waiting receive similar emails and how accurate are these dates?
No emails, no sms and no car in sight . Seeing so many XUV700s on the road is adding to the frustration.
Old 15th November 2022, 17:48   #494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahale View Post
No emails, no sms and no car in sight . Seeing so many XUV700s on the road is adding to the frustration.
So true! Apparently petrols are getting delayed for the past 2 months..
Old 16th November 2022, 10:20   #495

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPJ_23 View Post
May I know your booking date & variant? Am in a long queue as well!

MOD NOTE : Post edited for non usage of capitalisation. Please go through our Posting Etiquttes before making any further post.

Last edited by Sheel : 16th November 2022 at 10:30. Reason: MOD NOTE ATTACHED.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks