Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2022, 21:01   #91

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
You can definitely shift your booking whenever and to whichever model you want until a particular car is Billed on your name.
To be extra sure, just let your Sales Executive know that not to allocate a car to you until tomorrow.

Once all details are known as launch happens tomorrow, you can take the final call then.
Hi. Are you sure that Tata is going to launch Harrier tomorrow? is it a official news?
Old 26th August 2022, 21:10   #92
BHPian

Re: Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option

I hope they don't become like maruti. I still remember the awful sticker jobs that maruti was up to almost a decade back and then launching them as if they bolted in a supercharger in it.

What the Harrier needs is,

1. 360 degree cameras, last i checked, it didn't have it. If it has found it's way in recent times, then no need.

2. Bigger touchscreen, now i have driven and sat inside as a passenger in a Harrier, and i have no issues with the current system. I actually prefer HUs that don't look like they intend to be a TV replacement for my home. But if a bigger touchscreen is what the market wants, well then that's the way to go, I guess. Just something with thinner bezels and better UI, and not something like in the Hector.

3. Either fully digital instrument cluster, I dont like the current half digital half analog style.

3. Petrol engine, now i would never buy a petrol SUV as long as I live in India, but if there is a rising share of the sales for the gas guzzlers then that should also be considered.

4. Full LED setup. Headlamps, taillamps, interior lamps, everything.

5. Electronic tailgate. The Harrier doesn't have many 'gimmicky' features, so something like this won't hurt.

Last edited by SaiSW : 26th August 2022 at 21:13.
SaiSW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 21:47   #93
BHPian

The other major missing feature is Electronic Parking Brake with Auto Hold. It helps a lot to drive in stop and go bad traffic. This is something Safari has.
Old 26th August 2022, 22:48   #94
BHPian

What the harrier actually needs :
Electronic Power steering
Rear Disc Brakes
Electronic Parking Brake with auto hold
Better Rear Camera
AWD atleast in the top variants
drift2race is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th August 2022, 22:53   #95
BHPian

I think people are expecting Harrier facelift, which is said to be launched in 2023, to be launched tomorrow. The facelift which is supposed to have very crucial features, can't be launched in a jiffy, as it needs to be tested in different conditions and for long term, as it concerns lives of those driving/travelling in those cars. I think it will be just a refreshed interior, which involves changing color scheme/fabric of seats and some other interior parts to give a different or up-class feel. Keeping the expectations to real level would lead to lesser disappointment tomorrow.
speed79 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 09:31   #96
Senior - BHPian

Tata Jet Edition with added features and variant lineup.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-20220827_093019.jpg

Name:  20220827_093021.jpg
Views: 869
Size:  49.2 KB

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 09:57   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
If they could plonk the 1.5L Turbo Petrol mated to a proper Torque Convertor AT then it could be truly termed as a Jet!
searacer932 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 11:05   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by searacer932 View Post
If they could plonk the 1.5L Turbo Petrol mated to a proper Torque Convertor AT then it could be truly termed as a Jet!
The only petrol engine they have is the 1.2 in turbo and non turbo. 1.2 turbo with a TC may not be a Jet. Also the Hyundai sourced TC may be too costly for a Nexon
Old 27th August 2022, 11:28   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Link
Damn so all useless features and none of those actually required .
drift2race is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 11:53   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICHE View Post
The only petrol engine they have is the 1.2 in turbo and non turbo. 1.2 turbo with a TC may not be a Jet. Also the Hyundai sourced TC may be too costly for a Nexon
I was referring to the upcoming 1.5L Turbo that they are developing. Surely it must be worth plonking it onto the Jet and we anyway know Jets are expensive
searacer932 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 12:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
Damn so all useless features and none of those actually required .
TM specializes in doling out useless features. Years of accumalated experience in doing this. Who knows, maybe the junta at large loves this.
Jattitude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:20   #102
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors Jet Edition launched.

Electronic Parking Brake in manual and AT along with 4 disc brakes in Harrier.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-smartselect_20220827130647_chrome.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 27th August 2022 at 13:26.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:23   #103
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 2351386

Attachment 2351387
According to the YouTube video from Tata motors, the Harrier gets all disc brake, electronic parking brake with auto hold and a wireless charger.

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_20220827_132017_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_20220827_132014_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg

Rumour: Tata Harrier mid-life facelift in the works; could get ADAS & Petrol engine option-screenshot_20220827_132012_com.vanced.android.youtube.jpg
Mumbaiker is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 13:51   #104
BHPian

These are not useless features in my opinion, wireless charger, ventilated seats, electronic parking brake with auto hold, auto dimming ovrm are very useful features specially auto hold and ventilated seats.
koolkunz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 16:14   #105
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Any updates on what are the changes in the Nexon and how much is the increase in price?

Thanks In Advance.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks