Old 3rd March 2010, 00:19   #2116
BHPian

ford fiesta 1.4 petrol (a/c on)
city 10-12kpl
highway 14-17kpl
Tata indica DLS
city 10-12kpl
highway 15-17kpl
all calculated on a tank full to tank full method over 3years.The maximum mileage attained with a concious effort to keep a light foot was 25 kmpl for indica and 20 kmpl for ford.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:14   #2117
Distinguished - BHPian

Scorpio mHawk VLX 4WD 2009: FE figures since the beginning (15 Oct 09 - completed 8900 km now) are:
Best: 13.68 km/l; Worst 10.63 km/l (the first tankful when brand new); average: 12.78 km/l. Fuel used: Normal diesel. System-D used occasionally @ 0.5 ml/litre, when FE appears to drop below 12 km/l. AC usage: 20% of total drive.

Swift ZXi 2006: FE figures over 4 months (4900 km) are:
Best: 16.53 km/l; Worst 14.57 km/l; average: 15.41 km/l. Fuel used: Normal petrol. System-G used occasionally @ 0.5 ml/litre, when FE appears to drop below 15 km/l. Climate control usage: Always, temperature set at 22*C.
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:29   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
I understand NHC, Swift-D & Vista-Q, but Jazz ? How many Jazz do we even have on the forum to come to a definitive conclusion of its FE ?
i have the car for the last 6 mths now and can vouch for it fm personal experience. also have been asking other jazz owners here in chennai... all of whom have the same experience. in fact one of them, an elderly gentleman quoted a city figure of 16.3 with ac on!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:30   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
here is the latest update of my car's efficiency, see the picture to believe it.
thats awesome mate, which car is it?
Old 3rd March 2010, 10:41   #2120
BHPian

1998 Maruti Zen (Carb)

A/C On :
City - 14 kpl
Highway - 17 kpl

A/C On :
City - 16 kpl
Highway - 20 kpl

Best combined cycle achieved :
20 kpl, with 25% A/C on, 60% city driving.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:24   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
thats awesome mate, which car is it?

One of my car is an ANHC. I do get it on my indicator quite often if i drive it really sweet and nice.

These are dream figures, which you cant attain in everyday drives.

i get this figures while driving on highways. very rare though.
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:34   #2122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel
i have the car for the last 6 mths now and can vouch for it fm personal experience.
You have the Jazz for 6 months, fine. My question was about how many Jazz we have on the forum to come to a definite opinion about it's FE.

Quote:
an elderly gentleman quoted a city figure of 16.3 with ac on!!
I had somebody quoting 15kmpl for the Baleno in city (normal driving), when I did my research before buying the car. Does not make it true, does it ?

Can we forget "indicator figures" and post actual FE (tankful-to-tankful) here ?
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2010, 23:52   #2123
Senior - BHPian

My Getz 1.3 is giving me around 12 KMPL with 100% AC in City and 14-15 KMPL on highways.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:15   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
You have the Jazz for 6 months, fine. My question was about how many Jazz we have on the forum to come to a definite opinion about it's FE.
pardon me i didn't quite get you,are you implying that this might be a one-off case? or even worse, a fib?

Quote:
I had somebody quoting 15kmpl for the Baleno in city (normal driving), when I did my research before buying the car. Does not make it true, does it ?
makes me wonder, whats the point discussing these things here if you dont believe others. if we start suspecting each other of fudging (now i don't see any point in that), then this thread might as well be closed.my car gives me a certain efficiency, so i report it.the small insignificant fact that its a vtec and that i assume my driving style is close to the ideal one (read as recommended) does help.

Quote:
Can we forget "indicator figures" and post actual FE (tankful-to-tankful) here ?
i guess any tbhp-ian worth his salt would know that the indicators are...well, just that-an indication.in my case, the difference between the indicator and the top up-to top-up value is about +1. what i have given for my set of wheels is the tankful-to-tankful method.
Old 4th March 2010, 10:21   #2125
BHPian

@supremeBaleno

@supremeBaleno
besides, your signature tagline says, 14kmpl (city driving)@100%ac, now thats not too far from the claim made by somebody during your research as you said. i rest my case
Old 4th March 2010, 10:48   #2126
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
+1 to that.

I would also like to ask-How does one compute the percentage use of driving with the a/c on? What does it mean when one says - my FE is 18 kmpl with 50% a/c?

Here's how I do it. Each time I fill up (tankful) I reset the trip-meter to '0'. Each time I switch on the a/c on a drive I note the kms reading on the trip-meter. I do the same when I switch off the a/c. I then save the number of kms traveled with the a/c on my cellphone.

When I fill up (tankful) the next time, I divide the total distance driven with the a/c with the total kms run (i.e., 300(600)/100) to get the percentage of the drive with the a/c on and then get an accurate figure of the FE with the a/c on.

This may sound cumbersome, but IMO is the most accurate way

Cheers,
gpa

Last edited by gpa : 4th March 2010 at 10:52.
Old 4th March 2010, 11:07   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
here is the latest update of my car's efficiency, see the picture to believe it.
Hi Nandan,

I suppose, this photo is that of the instant mileage indicator and possibly we can't use this for avg. FE calculation, I am sure you don't do that.

If one is going a slight downhill (as in some sections in the ORR in Blr) in a car that has instant mileage indicator and speed is hovering around 40-50 with the foot withdrawn from accelerator pedal, he/she can acheive these figures quite easily.
I have done that in my ANHC AT; and I have got instant FE beyond 40 KMPL this way. But, my avg. FE hovers around 11-12.5 KMPL( tankful method) depending on factors like: traffic volme in the road, how I am driving, how many folks are there in the car and the usage of AC.

Just my two cents

-Pratim
Old 4th March 2010, 11:18   #2128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
+1 to that.

I would also like to ask-How does one compute the percentage use of driving with the a/c on? What does it mean when one says - my FE is 18 kmpl with 50% a/c?
I do it a little differently. For my Chennai - Pondy highway trips I will start early in the morning, so when I fill petrol and move out, I will set trip meter to zero and drive till Pondy without A/C - with only the blower running in fresh air mode! I will return by mid / late afternoon, the a/c will be running for the entire trip - so 50% usage of A/c! Before coming home I will go to Shell and fill petrol again to calculate the mileage. So evaporation loss will be almost nil.

That is how I tested once for city use as well. Distance covered close to 100 KM, full A/C on the way out, no A/C on the way in (night time).
Old 4th March 2010, 13:03   #2129
Senior - BHPian

@handsofsteel, apologise if it sounded like I was distrusting your claim. That was not the intention.

On tbhp, we come to a conclusion of a car's FE based on figures reported by tbhp-ians from their actual usage (instead of relying on what the manufacturer says or magazines say). Since we really don't have that many Jazz on the forum, I felt it was too early to conclude.

Quote:
your signature tagline says, 14kmpl (city driving)@100%ac, now thats not too far from the claim made by somebody during your research as you said.
Unfortunately, there is a limit to the length of a signature - so could not add "*Conditions Apply" there. The 14kmpl was got during a period of 6-7 months when I altered my driving style completely, though FE was not the reason. I can still get that FE, but it is too boring to drive like that.

The FE under normal driving is 12kmpl which is pretty far from what the 15kmpl which was told to me by an owner. Hope this clarifies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratim
Just my two cents
Very useful 2 cents, Pratim. Explained well.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 4th March 2010 at 13:14.
Old 4th March 2010, 13:32   #2130
BHPian

In my M800(MPFI 5 gear box) in city limits the FE was -17-18kmpl
Highway FE for M800 - 20-23kmpl
with AC on for 15-20% of the ride

In my new Chevy Beat
In city limits with 50% AC usage: 14kmpl

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks