Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2007, 23:52   #256
BHPian

I don't much care for quality or the price. With a 110bhp diesel engine it doesn't really have any competition. (except diesel SRV??)

More important questions for me are:
- How is Getz's handling at high speeds?
- Will it be able to handle 110bhp and the possible speeds?
- Will it be FTD? or just a car with big engine and no control?
Old 1st October 2007, 00:09   #257
Senior - BHPian

hmmm Sidindica, points are there but better not shout ;-) Oh, in case if you don't know, all caps(capital letters) means "shouting" in this virtual world.
Anyway, anyone had a chance to test drive this car, I also want to test drive one. 110 on a Getz sounding awesome.Will Getz be able to handle this much power ?
Regards,
Kaushik,
Old 1st October 2007, 00:51   #258
Senior - BHPian

How is Getz's handling at high speeds? I would term is as fair, not bad but not that good either, on stock tyres.
- Will it be able to handle 110bhp and the possible speeds? Yes, Hyundai have tuned the suspension accordingly.
- Will it be FTD? or just a car with big engine and no control? It should be FTD, Hyundai have tuned the engine for low end response.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:09   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
It should be FTD, Hyundai have tuned the engine for low end response.
If the car is FTD then there is no other (diesel) car that can provide such a performance at this price. Or is there any?
Old 1st October 2007, 01:13   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or is there any?
Well the only other FTD diesel car is the Optra Magnum, goes like a rocket(Magnum owners on the forum will vouch for that)

Need to test drive the Getz further to comment, but as far as reviews on the net are concerned, the Getz CRDi is a FTD diesel.
Old 1st October 2007, 01:21   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Need to test drive the Getz further to comment, but as far as reviews on the net are concerned, the Getz CRDi is a FTD diesel.

And we also have Pete's box for that little bit more
Old 1st October 2007, 07:02   #262
BHPian

guys in the latest OD hyundai is lauching PA by end of oct with 1.1 crdi engine and petrol aswell.....
Old 1st October 2007, 09:33   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
PS : Apart from Santro and Accent , the other models had a very luke worm response from the consumers.
4.Tucson
5.Getz
in this country where i do work now, Brunei, the total population is just 3 lakhs. Tucson sold around 1100 cars and still going strong. The build quality and the quiet engine are matchless. Getz is also equally sold well and got good reviews for its ride quailty and build quality. Petrol 2l Tucson priced less than 6l and 2l 4x4 CRDi priced less than 7.5l Rs equall. So its value for money and a great deal for those people. Usually, Hyundai demands lowest resale value along with Fords. If Hyundai have priced consciouly, they might have got sure winners...

but Hail...our Indian taxing system...
Old 1st October 2007, 11:07   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
Once in a while you come across posts when ppl just go way overboard to prove a point. Swift's quality is far from what you made it out to be. I for one after driving Swift for 2 years can say that even though there are some minor (barely audible) rattles from the rear seat, there is practically nothing else wrong in the car as far as finishing is concerned. The seats are comfortable, the seat fabric imho is at par with most cars, the dashboard is still anyday better than Getz.
I fully agree with you Aseem, as far as quality is concerned people here are making mountain of a molehill. Getz surely has more space and seems to be a more practical car.
Old 1st October 2007, 11:24   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
I fully agree with you Aseem, as far as quality is concerned people here are making mountain of a molehill. Getz surely has more space and seems to be a more practical car.
HUh ?? Ajay - It seems you are not reading the posts clearly. Aseem is in favour of Swift and not Getz !!

Or do you really think Getz does have more space and is a more practical car ?
Old 1st October 2007, 11:28   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_J View Post
Ajay.
You just made a mess of it.
Old 1st October 2007, 12:35   #267
Senior - BHPian

0-100 in 13sec?

heard spec details are out. Will update by eve.
Old 1st October 2007, 12:59   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
HUh ?? Ajay - It seems you are not reading the posts clearly. Aseem is in favour of Swift and not Getz !!

Or do you really think Getz does have more space and is a more practical car ?
I did read it correctly, though I apologies for not joining two sentence properly. I myself own a swift hence, I agree with Aseem about his view on so called quality issues. On the other side I think Getz is slightly more practical car as its more spacious and has a bigger boot.
Old 1st October 2007, 13:48   #269
RMB
BHPian

I had registered for Test drive for Getz Diesel in Hyundai website. The person called and scheduled it for day after tomorrow evening. The person stated the ex showroom price as Rs.5,97,575. He also confirmed that there is no ABS option.

I was eagerly waiting for this car, but I feel the price a too much. 30-40K over swift would have been ok, but charging 1L more without ABS insane.
Old 1st October 2007, 13:59   #270
Senior - BHPian

Has the Getz CRDi reached the dealers in Chennai or Bangalore??
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks