Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2009, 21:48   #301
Senior - BHPian

I spotted Fortuner in residential area twice last week end. One is black or Blue which passed just next to me and other is silver one.

The one passed next to me had great difficulty to give way to my Alto in small congested road near my uncle's place. I saw the vehicle for 2 minutes. Its very huge.

Front headlamps are similar to TATA Safari and body is very BIG.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 9th July 2009, 03:39   #302
BHPian

it looks good. but hope they would make the interiors a little more interesting and luxurious and give more gadgets and goodies. looks like a winner if priced below 20. would give nightmares to endy, pajero, vitara, captiva and even crv and outlander.
Old 10th July 2009, 12:50   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
At Toyota's product team's current speed, your son will probably drive you around in his Fortuner

Looks like that. My son is 6 years old, so just 12 more years to go
Old 10th July 2009, 14:25   #304
BHPian

The Toyota guys at Galaxy Toyota New Delhi are taking bookings for a lac of rupees for the Fortuner.

It is going to be launched in the Manual avtaar only.

Even though i have waiting for this vehicle for along long time the 20 lac+ price seems unfair and i have not booked mine yet.

Its not much diffrent from the Innova from the inside and a 8 lac premium for butch looks, 4x4 and a larger engine does not seem worth it right now..maybe when i see the car in the flesh....
Old 10th July 2009, 14:26   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

They are still testing. Somewhere in AP according to my friend whose with the car!
Old 10th July 2009, 15:11   #306
Senior - BHPian

Manuuj u dropped close to a crore on that RR paid extra what? 40 lacs just for the V8 diesel so why stepbrotherly treatment to poor cousin forturner yaar? Some us don't have the guts to drop that kind of dough and drive on our roads and other don't have the money so SUV's like Frotuner is a good way out for us country bumkins
Old 10th July 2009, 16:02   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Manuuj u dropped close to a crore on that RR paid extra what? 40 lacs just for the V8 diesel so why stepbrotherly treatment to poor cousin forturner yaar? Some us don't have the guts to drop that kind of dough and drive on our roads and other don't have the money so SUV's like Frotuner is a good way out for us country bumkins
The difference is that the RR is worth every Rupee of the crore spent on it.

Dont get me wrong buddy, i too have been eagerly awaiting the Fortuner but i feel 15-16 lacs is a fair price.

It simply does not have the features to demand 20 lac+ from us when abroad it is priced close to and in some cases under the Innova!

Toyota should work around the taxation problem by making the SUV here so we dont end up paying 5-6 lacs over the fair price.

Im sure they will sell a whole lot more Fortuners at a sub 15 lac price than a 20 lac one.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:28   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
It simply does not have the features to demand 20 lac+ from us when abroad it is priced close to and in some cases under the Innova!

Toyota should work around the taxation problem by making the SUV here so we dont end up paying 5-6 lacs over the fair price.
Do you feel that the Captiva....or the Endeavour.....or the CRV have features to justify their price tag?

Its what the market will bear - if the above vehicles are selling at more than 20 lacs on-road, why not the Fortuner?
Old 10th July 2009, 16:49   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Do you feel that the Captiva....or the Endeavour.....or the CRV have features to justify their price tag?

Its what the market will bear - if the above vehicles are selling at more than 20 lacs on-road, why not the Fortuner?
+1. If they were worried about the competition then pricing it lower is sensible but I think Toyota know the Fortuner will sell at the 20 lakh price tag so why not? In fact, I'd expect 25l OTR or higher for Bangalore. Even the GV (cheapest in that segment) is over 20l here.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:06   #310
Senior - BHPian

I have decided my next car is going to be an automatic. So sad they aren't giving AT in the beginning . I'll wait for AT and then buy. Any news if and when thats(AT) coming?

Regarding the price-lesser the better but I think they are already pricing it competitively by giving a true hardcore SUV at a price lesser or equal to the price in which most Soft roaders are selling in India. If they ever decide to launch Rav4 which is their soft roader it will be in a lower segment and will prove most other SUVs and soft roaders expensive.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 10th July 2009 at 18:13.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:35   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post

Whats wrong in making it here and pricing it the way they have done it in Thailand ie close to 1.5 to 2 lakhs more than the Innova and killing the competetion and I am talking about not only the CRV's & the Captiva's, at that price ie 10-12 lakhs it would also kill the Scorpio & the Safari.
Old 10th July 2009, 18:49   #312
BHPian

Visited a Toyota Dealer yesterday, and a reliable A.S. Manager hinted a Ex-Showroom Price Tag, starting from 15L for the basic 3.0 4x2 Manual, going up to 20L for the top-end 4x4. Auto will be launched at a later stage.
Old 10th July 2009, 19:59   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Visited a Toyota Dealer yesterday, and a reliable A.S. Manager hinted a Ex-Showroom Price Tag, starting from 15L for the basic 3.0 4x2 Manual, going up to 20L for the top-end 4x4. Auto will be launched at a later stage.
oh sweets for you if this be true , i owe you a treat
Old 10th July 2009, 20:38   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpMan View Post
Now that makes sense. Not everyone needs a 4x4 and many people looking to buy the top-end Innova can spring for the base Fortuner if it's priced right.
Old 10th July 2009, 20:50   #315
Senior - BHPian

Rs 20L for the top end ain't bad at all. Given Toyota's reliability,its definitely worth it. I wonder what features would be available, apart from ABS.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks