Tata Indica Dicor 30 5.51%
Palio Stile 1.6 72 13.24%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:57   #271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
You sound wiser than your 134 posts - you know the answer!
Everyone loves Fiat cars here at teamBHP but no many are willing to pay price for the love. Even now when its time for me to buy new car I'm also trying to convince myself FIAT Yes or No!!
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:03   #272
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Everyone loves Fiat cars here at teamBHP !!
Not everyone does. You just hear more noise about them. Its a bit like the BSA Falcon we used to ride in our college days - all sound and fury etcetera etcetera.
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:04   #273
BHPian

Palio MJD First Information Report

Hi Guys,
Went to Dhingra Motors, Gurgaon today to have a look at the Palio Multijet. The dealer did not have the SDX. Saw a SD which was already sold out to a Employee. SDX would have given a better look and feel though, it was pretty decent. It is slightly lengthier than Indica Turbo DLX but smaller in Width and height. Tech details are on the website so purposely omitting.

I am a Indica Turbo DLX owner, so Palio seemed little low on seating height. The engine starting was very smooth with no vibration in the gear lever which is a common problem in Indica. Engine was quite responsive to the revs and did not show signs of any fatigue on switching on the AC. AC was quick to chill.

The sales executive said the boot space is less than Indica but somehow I felt that the boot space was more than that of an Indica.

Overall I found the car quite impressive and will recommend to my father who is changing his car soon!
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:09   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Not everyone does. You just hear more noise about them. Its a bit like the BSA Falcon we used to ride in our college days - all sound and fury etcetera etcetera.
Ahh...BSA gerat bicycles but I could never afford in those days. I had hero cycle
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:16   #275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer551 View Post
Ahh...BSA gerat bicycles but I could never afford in those days. I had hero cycle
I wasnt referring to the bicycle, but the two-stroke monoshock bike which sounded louder than any other bike on the roads even when it was hardly doing 40 kmph. You heard it, then you waited, and waited, and waited and finally you see a tiny spec on the horizon after a few minutes. The bike passes you by after about 10 minutes, and you will hear its noise for the next half an hour.
Attached Thumbnails
Palio Stile Multijet Vs. Swift DDiS  Vs. PalioStile1.6 Vs. Indica DiCOR Vs. Getz CRDi-bsa-bond.jpg  

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd March 2008 at 23:17.
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:27   #276
BHPian

Quote:
I wasnt referring to the bicycle, but the two-stroke monoshock bike which sounded louder than any other bike on the roads even when it was hardly doing 40 kmph. You heard it, then you waited, and waited, and waited and finally you see a tiny spec on the horizon after a few minutes. The bike passes you by after about 10 minutes, and you will hear its noise for the next half an hour.
Oh Ok...I guess I've not seen/heard this.
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:35   #277
BANNED

This makes my day.

Quote:
ROFLMAO!
Ain't that a bit too raw, Steer? Soon, You'll be asked for proof and so on to support your claim. Else, it may called baseless etc.....
Oh my goodness. That's something very well said. Makes my day. LOL!

But seriously, after the test drives and reviews of the Palio MultiJet, do people still prefer it? That's great love. Something worth admiring.
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:37   #278
Senior - BHPian

Steer,

With all due respect, that above WAS a cheap shot, albeit in your trademark fashion!
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:47   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
With all due respect, that above WAS a cheap shot
And nearly 50% of votes for a car that isnt yet on the roads is not? How then are we different from BSM that gives a COTY award to a car that hadnt even been released in that year? Combine the two Fiats on that poll and you have 51% of the total - for a brand that you rarely see on the road. Sameer asked a valid question - it is indeed a question of our credibility.

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd March 2008 at 23:54.
Old 23rd March 2008, 23:54   #280
BHPian

Quote:
And nearly 50% of votes for a car that isnt yet on the roads is not?
Yes, that makes me puzzled how come 45% voted for 1.3 MJD even when half of them might not have even seen it with that Red logo forget driving or TD.
Old 24th March 2008, 00:34   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It offers terrific power, great mileage, a well put-together body with plenty of space for a hatch, good ride comfort and good quality plastics, all backed by what is the probably the best After Sales Service experience in the country. These are facts.
I recently TD'ed a Getz CRDi to compare it to a Swift D and have to say it offers a nice package of a powerful, quick diesel hatch with balanced handling & a decent ride. The interior were also of pretty good quality.

And have to say my repeated experiences with their A.S.S. has aways left me nothing but satisfied.
Old 24th March 2008, 07:26   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It offers terrific power, great mileage, a well put-together body with plenty of space for a hatch, good ride comfort and good quality plastics, all backed by what is the probably the best After Sales Service experience in the country. These are facts.

"Heard of problems" "probably more reliable" "more refined" is perception, not fact. Back it up with facts - the fact is that Hyundai common rails have been running in this country for a lot longer than those of any other manufacturer. There are a lot more of Hyundai CRDis out there than any ddis or mjd or dicor or any other variant. Some of these cars have continued to give trouble free service after 100,000 , 150,000 kms - many of the other engines that are being used to compare havent been around for more than a year or two to even compare longevity or reliability.

Perhaps the car with me-too looks, cheap plastics, rattly build, cramped interiors, a real BENCH for a rear seat and a 70 bhp engine is the one that is really overpriced - for what it offers in comparison. Or is it the fast looking car that cannot go fast that is the one?
Nice one Steeroid . And the car which you mentioned about in the last paragraph has won the Car of the Year Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
I recently TD'ed a Getz CRDi to compare it to a Swift D and have to say it offers a nice package of a powerful, quick diesel hatch with balanced handling & a decent ride. The interior were also of pretty good quality.

And have to say my repeated experiences with their A.S.S. has aways left me nothing but satisfied.
I agree with you .
Old 24th March 2008, 08:09   #283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And nearly 50% of votes for a car that isnt yet on the roads is not? How then are we different from BSM that gives a COTY award to a car that hadnt even been released in that year? Combine the two Fiats on that poll and you have 51% of the total - for a brand that you rarely see on the road. Sameer asked a valid question - it is indeed a question of our credibility.
I guess the Poll was on
"What do you folks prefer taking into account their pros and cons"

If it was what you folks would Own taking into account whatever..the votes would have turned in favour of other cars. And probably you would not have felt so bad about any figures.
Old 24th March 2008, 08:19   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I guess the Poll was on
"What do you folks prefer taking into account their pros and cons"

If it was what you folks would Own taking into account whatever..the votes would have turned in favour of other cars. And probably you would not have felt so bad about any figures.
Nice one gemi .. Shall we start a new poll then ??
Old 24th March 2008, 10:09   #285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead View Post
I have driven the car and i have booked one too and the overall package of the car is much better and our TBHPian Anju is getting 20kmpl which is a healthy mileage for that car. Its not overpriced IMO . My A.S.S with Hyundai in my area was good when i owned a Santro for 6 yrs troublefree. I dont want to buy a car and find trouble in maintaining it .

I will get the car by April End , and i will sure start with a Big Initial Ownership Report.
Anytime i love GetZ D for its Surge power.
But have some doubt in FE and about the Engine which will create problem after 50K.Defn i won't use the machine for a such a long time.Unfortunately i gonna be used it that period and get struck with Engine problem it'll kill my peace of mind.

Please advice and i have to finalize my new car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks